Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show doesn't interest me at this point but I could be persuaded into a Zemo figure.

I think this show has the potential to easily surpass WandaVision, which, in my opinion, was a safe, decent MCU entry at best.

In terms of Marvel branded TV series, Daredevil still reigns supreme. I've heard Legion was up there too...but at this point, is there even a point to watching it since it's not tied into the bigger MCU and is also canceled... :dunno

I think this show has the potential to easily surpass WandaVision, which, in my opinion, was a safe, decent MCU entry at best.

That's cause it will. Don't think I will ever watch a full episode of WandaVision either with all the dumb sitcom stuff. Give me action and Zemo!

I don't think any of new MCU shows will surpass Daredevil or Punisher for the simple fact that the Disney branding holds them back.

Maybe they can prove me wrong but I don't know how the hell they can do those characters justice, along with Deadpool.

In terms of Marvel branded TV series, Daredevil still reigns supreme. I've heard Legion was up there too...but at this point, is there even a point to watching it since it's not tied into the bigger MCU and is also canceled... :dunno

Legion is stranger than anything either the MCU, the Netflix series or the Fox-verse of Marvel Comic-based live action mediums have done (and yes I include the talking raccoon and sentient tree in that list).
Legion is also, and I say this as a HUGE MCU fan, better than 95% of its output.

True, it doesn't connect to any wider cinematic universe - but it was never meant to, its a self-contained, utterly insane and visually stunning story about the most powerful being in the world who is also be a seriously mentally ill young man (?).

Dan Stevens gives an amazing lead performance as David Haller, who is easily a more complicated protagonist than almost any other "superhero" character I can currently think of.
The supporting cast are fantastic and Noah Hawley's visual language as the showrunner makes the series unlike anything else on television.
Also the villain of the show is easily one of the most sinister, evil, monstrous and genuinely intimidating Marvel antagonists put to the screen.

Do yourself a favour, watch it, embrace its madness without feeling the need to question everything (while questioning EVERYTHING) and enjoy watching a superhero property that really pushes boundaries on the genre and offers up something new.

I feel like Legion gets swept up in its own insanity at times. Haven't seen the third season yet though.

When i get mind ****ed, I'm hoping the ending or payoff is as satisfying as something like Mr. Robot, or even Westworld season 1.

I tried to get into "Legion" but couldn't. I don't know if it was the pacing, or I just wasn't interested in the character. I found myself falling asleep. I couldn't believe it was an X-men type. I guess it would be like if there was a show about when Charles Xavier was a kid, but there were no X-men.

That's cause it will. Don't think I will ever watch a full episode of WandaVision either with all the dumb sitcom stuff. Give me action and Zemo!

The sitcom material isn't in every episode. The first 2 have the most but there are strange "out of place" situations that contribute to the bigger picture. The 3rd gets much better. The 4th episode has no sitcom material. Episodes 5 and 6 bounce back and forth between "sitcom" and the real world. 7,8 and 9 have no sitcom material. In later episodes the sitcoms tie in better. You may be a little lost in 2 future MCU films without having seen the show.

I don't think any of new MCU shows will surpass Daredevil or Punisher for the simple fact that the Disney branding holds them back.

Maybe they can prove me wrong but I don't know how the hell they can do those characters justice, along with Deadpool.

Why would Disney hold them back? Look at The Mandalorian. That show has done wonders for the Star Wars franchise. I watched a few espisodes of both Daredevil and Punisher, even the other series Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. I fell out of interest for them. As I said with Legion, maybe it's the pacing of the shows. They seemed slow to me. With WandaVision, it always had my attention. There were twists that had me thinking and wanting the next episode. Those other shows didn't keep my interest like WandaVision did. I think the action in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, maybe even Loki will surpass those shows, you never know. Heck Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight could as well.

Legion is stranger than anything either the MCU, the Netflix series or the Fox-verse of Marvel Comic-based live action mediums have done (and yes I include the talking raccoon and sentient tree in that list).
Legion is also, and I say this as a HUGE MCU fan, better than 95% of its output.

True, it doesn't connect to any wider cinematic universe - but it was never meant to, its a self-contained, utterly insane and visually stunning story about the most powerful being in the world who is also be a seriously mentally ill young man (?).

Dan Stevens gives an amazing lead performance as David Haller, who is easily a more complicated protagonist than almost any other "superhero" character I can currently think of.
The supporting cast are fantastic and Noah Hawley's visual language as the showrunner makes the series unlike anything else on television.
Also the villain of the show is easily one of the most sinister, evil, monstrous and genuinely intimidating Marvel antagonists put to the screen.

Do yourself a favour, watch it, embrace its madness without feeling the need to question everything (while questioning EVERYTHING) and enjoy watching a superhero property that really pushes boundaries on the genre and offers up something new.

I tried to get into "Legion" but couldn't. I don't know if it was the pacing, or I just wasn't interested in the character. I found myself falling asleep. I couldn't believe it was an X-men type. I guess it would be like if there was a show about when Charles Xavier was a kid, but there were no X-men.

Appreciate the feedback guys. 1 for it and 1 against it...I like getting both sides of the spectrum. I guess I may check it out since I've heard good things...also I'm pretty good dealing with a slow burn, so perhaps I may end up liking it...

Now the problem is making free time for the show... :lol

I don't own a Falcon figure yet but provided he isn't out of my budget I'd get him for TFATWS. And of course Bucky owns my ass so cheers to me throwing money at Bucky figure # 4.

Also side note if those posters were given out and anyone has one to sell hit me up.

The latest posters.....
https://deadline.com/2021/03/the-falcon-the-winter-soldier-character-posters-zemo-sharon-carter-1234709016/

So, OK, I was ratcheting down MCU figs; but am afraid I am gonna need all of these$$$$ and anyway can pop the IW Bucky head onto this new version, and life will be good.:cool:

Luv the idea and look for Sharon Carter; always liked her. It's nice she seems to be dealing with Bucky after he tried to kill/maim her. Actually Bucky does that to all his friends.:monkey3

Legion was interesting, but it was so strange and a long burn that I got tired of it. It was like the narrative was second to the visuals and mind****ing.

I will never watch WandaVision. Old sitcoms? Doesn't interest me at all. I bet when we see Doctor Strange 2, we will all agree WV was unnecessary and assumed Wanda took it hard and got here to crazy witch. But Marvel is trying different genres for all their shows/movies.

Daredevil was clearly the best of the Netflix shows. I rank them as DD1, DD3, JJ1, DD2, LC1, Pun1, Defenders, IF1, Pun2, IF2, JJ2, JJ3. I would assume WV would fit in the middle, Legion after IF1. Very excited for F&WS, I'll predict will be near top of this list.

The sitcom material isn't in every episode. The first 2 have the most but there are strange "out of place" situations that contribute to the bigger picture. The 3rd gets much better. The 4th episode has no sitcom material. Episodes 5 and 6 bounce back and forth between "sitcom" and the real world. 7,8 and 9 have no sitcom material. In later episodes the sitcoms tie in better. You may be a little lost in 2 future MCU films without having seen the show.

Why would Disney hold them back? Look at The Mandalorian. That show has done wonders for the Star Wars franchise. I watched a few espisodes of both Daredevil and Punisher, even the other series Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist. I fell out of interest for them. As I said with Legion, maybe it's the pacing of the shows. They seemed slow to me. With WandaVision, it always had my attention. There were twists that had me thinking and wanting the next episode. Those other shows didn't keep my interest like WandaVision did. I think the action in The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, maybe even Loki will surpass those shows, you never know. Heck Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and Moon Knight could as well.
With Netflix, they were locked into 12 one-hourish episodes per season. There was filler all over the place. The Disney shows are able to wrap the schedule around the story instead of vice versa. The fat to meat ratio is better.

I missed CW Falcon, and I need Falcon. I'm satisfied with IW Bucky and EG Cap, but I need a Falcon for Team Cap.

The latest posters.....
https://deadline.com/2021/03/the-falcon-the-winter-soldier-character-posters-zemo-sharon-carter-1234709016/

So, OK, I was ratcheting down MCU figs; but am afraid I am gonna need all of these$$$$ and anyway can pop the IW Bucky head onto this new version, and life will be good.:cool:

Luv the idea and look for Sharon Carter; always liked her. It's nice she seems to be dealing with Bucky after he tried to kill/maim her. Actually Bucky does that to all his friends.:monkey3

HT needs to make a figure of her so I can pose her with Star-Lord for an Everwood family reunion. :lol

51ddy8.jpg

With Netflix, they were locked into 12 one-hourish episodes per season. There was filler all over the place. The Disney shows are able to wrap the schedule around the story instead of vice versa. The fat to meat ratio is better.

I missed CW Falcon, and I need Falcon. I'm satisfied with IW Bucky and EG Cap, but I need a Falcon for Team Cap.

Yes, CW Falcon is a great figure! I am really happy that I picked him up years ago. However the show has the potential to produce an even better looking Falcon. From the few pics and trailers I have seen elements of this new outfit are more reminiscent of how I remember Falcon from the comics. That said, I have been able to stick to my one figure per character rule so far so unless this new version is much superior to my CW Falcon I will most likely keep the version I already have. HOWEVER if this show spawns a Falcon figure that includes a Captain America inspired color scheme along with a shield, that will be a must buy for me and my beloved CW version will be sold.

On a final note, if Hot Toys makes a Zemo figure that looks like the poster Sassafras provided in that link above I will be ALL OVER IT!!!

HOWEVER if this show spawns a Falcon figure that includes a Captain America inspired color scheme along with a shield, that will be a must buy for me and my beloved CW version will be sold.
Hopefully it's better than the comics look. Sam has a really nice suit right now, and the CA kit he has in the comics is terrible.

Hopefully it's better than the comics look. Sam has a really nice suit right now, and the CA kit he has in the comics is terrible.

I think something like this look would be very cool ...

Attachments

• CD4B8CD2-56E3-41F1-B9F7-54136C6BCB1E.jpeg
    CD4B8CD2-56E3-41F1-B9F7-54136C6BCB1E.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 233
I think something like this look would be very cool ...

CD4B8CD2-56E3-41F1-B9F7-54136C6BCB1E.jpeg

So where will he stow the shield when he's flying? I'm guessing on his back, but wouldn't it restrict his ability to maneuver the wings? Granted suspension of disbelief is already required with respect to his flying, but that sounds rather awkward. Or will he have Redwing carry it for him? :lol

View attachment 508640

So where will he stow the shield when he's flying? I'm guessing on his back, but wouldn't it restrict his ability to maneuver the wings? Granted suspension of disbelief is already required with respect to his flying, but that sounds rather awkward. Or will he have Redwing carry it for him? :lol

Trying to figure out physics in the MCU is gonna give you a migraine! :)

Just a quick shot in honor of the final trailer drop...

hottoysFalconBucky2.jpg

Two of HT's finest IMO. Dunno why they would even change the sculpts, especially Bucky who is eerie in its perfection (what we hope for but don't get that often....)

Am sure new Falcon will be $$$$ :horror

Just a quick shot in honor of the final trailer drop...

View attachment 508801

Two of HT's finest IMO. Dunno why they would even change the sculpts, especially Bucky who is eerie in its perfection (what we hope for but don't get that often....)

Am sure new Falcon will be $$$$ :horror

Love this photo Sassafras!!!

And I agree it would be really hard to top the IW Bucky sculpt, it is top notch!!
The Falcon sculpt is good also but has more room for improvement IMO, but they will probably just add some facial hair to the CW version and call it a day.

Back