Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember seeing this a while back and thinking it looks really cool too. Like Sassafras, it's not what I'd picture for a Bucky Cap (for one thing, I think he'd hide the metal arm, especially the Soviet star), but I still think it's a really cool figure for a Cap/WS hybrid concept, between the WS mask/goggles, the weathered IW suit, and the scratched shield.

Yeah, it’s funny, I can’t believe that I overlooked how that Soviet Star does not go with that’s shield, particularly since I grew up during the Cold War, that should have jumped out at me. That said, I think the overall look of his silver arm with that shield is nice.

Yeah, it?s funny, I can?t believe that I overlooked how that Soviet Star does not go with that?s shield, particularly since I grew up during the Cold War, that should have jumped out at me. That said, I think the overall look of his silver arm with that shield is nice.

Did a switchout with one of my CW Buckys - as my TWS figs age, it's good to give them a hard look once in a while. So far so good except for re-gluing a pouch - HT uses horrible glues anyway:pfft:. TWS Bucky remains my all-time fav fig. Also from when you would get lots of STUFF depending on the character (tho the Beskar Mando DX is loaded and can't complain about Qui-Gon).

D*mn all these years just noticed I should try to chrome the hand, too.:lol (and I never touched Cap, so yep, his chest is still flat. U could bounce marbles off it.)

Really wish they had given the latest Bucky a diorama stand at least.

hot_toys_TWS_wintersoldier_opt.jpg

TWS teaser where Bucky picks up shield - wasn't in film tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMhhWSKOXE.

LOL watched a clip once where u could hear some woman going on about who that was.:cool: Freaked me out too, no pun intended.

Did a switchout with one of my CW Buckys - as my TWS figs age, it's good to give them a hard look once in a while. So far so good except for re-gluing a pouch - HT uses horrible glues anyway:pfft:. TWS Bucky remains my all-time fav fig. Also from when you would get lots of STUFF depending on the character (tho the Beskar Mando DX is loaded and can't complain about Qui-Gon).

D*mn all these years just noticed I should try to chrome the hand, too.:lol (and I never touched Cap, so yep, his chest is still flat. U could bounce marbles off it.)

View attachment 513260

TWS teaser where Bucky picks up shield - wasn't in film tho: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnMhhWSKOXE.

LOL watched a clip once where u could hear some woman going on about who that was.:cool: Freaked me out too, no pun intended.

The one thing I wish my TWS Bucky had (aside from a new knife) is a shiny arm. I kept waiting for the CW body prices to drop, then they skyrocketed.

I forgot there was a different trailer shown with Thor TDW, so thanks for sharing that. I've seen the TWS trailer so many times I know the shots/beats too well, so it was fun to see something different. The last shot with Bucky is cool, but chronologically, I can't figure out where it would have taken place. There are only a few instances where Cap loses his shield (and it isn't completely weathered), and they don't align with when Bucky has the face paint. And the background looks like what could have been a final battle or a completely reconfigured highway sequence. :dunno

The one thing I wish my TWS Bucky had (aside from a new knife) is a shiny arm. I kept waiting for the CW body prices to drop, then they skyrocketed.

I forgot there was a different trailer shown with Thor TDW, so thanks for sharing that. I've seen the TWS trailer so many times I know the shots/beats too well, so it was fun to see something different. The last shot with Bucky is cool, but chronologically, I can't figure out where it would have taken place. There are only a few instances where Cap loses his shield (and it isn't completely weathered), and they don't align with when Bucky has the face paint. And the background looks like what could have been a final battle or a completely reconfigured highway sequence. :dunno

Yeah, I always figured 'coz of the fire and the scorched shield it was gonna be part of the highway sequence - like after Cap got blown off the bridge - OR it was shot specifically for a teaser, like the Russos wanted a stinger at the teaser end without showing too much.

Or maybe the Russos changed things as filming progressed.:dunno Like Cap was blown off the bridge, and loses the shield, but then you would have a problem with that later. Also Bucky doesn't have the inked eyes on the bridge. It's cool in the teaser tho when those boots come into focus.:clap

Not sure if that teaser was specifically for Comic Con, or what. Didn't do any good to try to hide the Winter Soldier; photos leaked out during filming anyway. A problem with location shoots:monkey3

Yeah, the CW Bucky prices climbed:horror seems like when folks figured out the next Bucky would have the darker arm; and if u wanted a "classic" arm it was now or never. IMO HT should just re-release with the right knife anyway; maybe the Fury jacket as a switch out. Dunno if 10 year MCU figs will drop in price over time; I don't sell my figs but maybe in a few years prices will settle. I've also seen folks chrome the TWS Bucky arm, but I don't have that skill set; you'd have to replace the star, too.:horror But it's good to know HT did right by whatever metallic they are using for IW and CW Bucky.

View attachment 513260

I love this picture Sassafras!!!
Bucky does look good with that shield no doubt!!
TWS version of Bucky is an incredible figure, if they do a reissue it will cause me to break my one figure per character rule. Which I have been able to adhere to so far (except for maybe fudging my rules a bit by pre-ordering the new Iron Patriot even though I already own War Machine MK4).

Also thanks for the trailer (makes me want to watch the movie again), but yeah I have never seen that shot of the Winter Soldier with Cap’s shield ...very intriguing!

I love this picture Sassafras!!!
Bucky does look good with that shield no doubt!!
TWS version of Bucky is an incredible figure, if they do a reissue it will cause me to break my one figure per character rule. Which I have been able to adhere to so far (except for maybe fudging my rules a bit by pre-ordering the new Iron Patriot even though I already own War Machine MK4).

Also thanks for the trailer (makes me want to watch the movie again), but yeah I have never seen that shot of the Winter Soldier with Cap?s shield ...very intriguing!

Thank you! Yeah, the TWS Bucky is an incredible fig; tho I know the complaints about weapons popping off *shrug*. I figure that is what museum putty is for; for a quick fix; and there's other stuff u can do for what I think of as minor issues with 1/6.

But - I wish they WOULD re-release with the right knife - HT does some weird stuff sometimes.:slap

Like I can't figure out why they gave D+ series Bucky a rifle he doesn't even use, but no pistol.:pfft: They should just re-release assassin Bucky from the flashback scene as a Toy Fair exclusive or something.

PS. Yeah, just watching the teaser trailer makes me wanna re-watch TWS:cool: so maybe I'll do that. And as figs go, this is probably my fav movie group - always liked Falcon's TWS look, even if the wings aren't as spectacular as later versions.

Thank you! Yeah, the TWS Bucky is an incredible fig; tho I know the complaints about weapons popping off *shrug*. I figure that is what museum putty is for; for a quick fix; and there's other stuff u can do for what I think of as minor issues with 1/6.

But - I wish they WOULD re-release with the right knife - HT does some weird stuff sometimes.:slap

Like I can't figure out why they gave D+ series Bucky a rifle he doesn't even use, but no pistol.:pfft: They should just re-release assassin Bucky from the flashback scene as a Toy Fair exclusive or something.

PS. Yeah, just watching the teaser trailer makes me wanna re-watch TWS:cool: so maybe I'll do that. And as figs go, this is probably my fav movie group - always liked Falcon's TWS look, even if the wings aren't as spectacular as later versions.

Yeah, I have no idea why they gave him his old rifle, it makes no sense. Maybe some early pictures Marvel sent Hot Toys included that weapon, or maybe HT was just being presumptuous.

View attachment 513260

That's pretty neat...never seen that Bucky clip until now. :horror

Yeah, I have no idea why they gave him his old rifle, it makes no sense. Maybe some early pictures Marvel sent Hot Toys included that weapon, or maybe HT was just being presumptuous.

Gonna guess HT - and some statue companies - get early designs; I know with the TWS Bucky the open shield catching hand was sort of put in the box at the last minute. HT doesn't seem to throw in goodies like that any more.:monkey2

That's pretty neat...never seen that Bucky clip until now.

Yeah it's real *ominous*. I know when I saw it I was like *Holy &^% Cap is in trouble now.* I was thinking Terminator.:cool:

Srsly for the series I would've FOUND an excuse to get Bucky up on a roof with a rifle...

Winter_Soldier_Vol_1_6_opt.jpg

Actually the new version wouldn't be THAT far off this comic cover with some tweaks - head sculpt or mask and some tac gear. :frank

Back