Falcon and The Winter Soldier (potential) Hot Toys 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, it's more like "stop trying to make Sharon Carter happen". [emoji38]

I was expecting Bucky to go back to the short hair, which is nice to see.

I wish I was more excited about this show, but I'm just just too disappointed they chose Falcon Cap over Bucky Cap and I'm skeptical they'll do much with Bucky since he's been so wasted in the MCU so far.
Me too! I have never liked the actress back to her days in Everwood and Brothers and Sisters.

No wonder they put her in this...it's okay, it's just TV this time lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ideally, she would have been introduced as Cap's shield liason, but that role and character development was given to Black Widow in TWS. Which from a film standpoint it makes sense why you'd have scarjo with a bigger role.

Being nowhere to be seen since civil war just makes me feel like she should have just stayed gone though. They clearly don't know what they want for the character .

Ideally, she would have been introduced as Cap's shield liason, but that role and character development was given to Black Widow in TWS. Which from a film standpoint it makes sense why you'd have scarjo with a bigger role.

Being nowhere to be seen since civil war just makes me feel like she should have just stayed gone though. They clearly don't know what they want for the character .

Youre clearly thinking about it too hard. Stay gone for what? Lol thats not how handling characters work. Especially in a franchise littered with characters. They have a massive roster they can interchange and use sparingly. And its a utility character they can use whenever they want. Same for thunderbolt ross not appearing for yrs after the incredible hulk and popping up in civil war. Same for jimmy woo popping up in antman and the wasp and now appearing in wandavision. These are minor characters that dont need to be involved everywhere and can show up after some yrs to play a bit role. So what is this mindset if she hasnt been seen in awhile keep her gone? Its not mandatory they stick her everywhere. For all we know the russos always planned to use her in limited capacity. There are no reports of them backtracking with the character. Anything suggesting otherwise is near baseless speculation. They wanted a minor love interest for Cap. And she served that purpose. Then they didnt need her. The films simply got bigger and she being a minor character didnt need to be written for. Until guess what? They found a spot for her where they can use her again. Its not some conspiracy nor is it rocket sciene. And to claim they dont know what to do with her when theyve likely already finished the scripts for this show's entire season which she is included in...is highly ignorant. Especially as we havent seen the show.

Youre clearly thinking about it too hard. Stay gone for what? Lol thats not how handling characters work. Especially in a franchise littered with characters. They have a massive roster they can interchange and use sparingly. And its a utility character they can use whenever they want. Same for thunderbolt ross not appearing for yrs after the incredible hulk and popping up in civil war. Same for jimmy woo popping up in antman and the wasp and now appearing in wanda vision. These are minor characters that dont need to be involved everywhere and can show after some yrs to play a bit role. So what is this mindset if she hasnt been seen in awhile keep her gone? Its not mandatory they stick her everywhere. For all we know the russos always planned to use her in limited capacity. There are no reports of them backtracking with the character. Anything suggesting otherwise is near baseless speculation. The films simply got bigger and she being a minor character didnt need to be written for. Until guess what? They found a spot for her where they can use her again. Its not some conspiracy nor is it rocket sciene. And to claim they dont know what to do with her when theyve likely already finished the scripts for this show's entire season which she is included in...is highly ignorant. Especially as we havent seen the show.

Wow. That's quite a rant. I'll be shorter.

I was talking relative to her role in the comics. Once that role was filled by Black Widow in the films it made sense that she took the backseat from where the comic narratives typically placed her.

As far as them not knowing what to do with her that's pretty clear. No speculation needed. Shes a super spy? No wait shes cia now...no wait shes a love interest, scratch that it's his niece. She turns out to be a LMD in this show I won't be surpised.:lol

Wow. That's quite a rant. I'll be shorter.

I was talking relative to her role in the comics. Once that role was filled by Black Widow in the films it made sense that she took the backseat from where the comic narratives typically placed her.

As far as them not knowing what to do with her that's pretty clear. No speculation needed. Shes a super spy? No wait shes cia now...no wait shes a love interest, scratch that it's his niece. She turns out to be a LMD in this show I won't be surpised.:lol

So if it makes sense, whats the complaint? Again she was never once positioned as a major character in the films.

All horrible points. She was always a potential love interest so thats a moot point lol. That wasnt a sudden change between TWS and CW as the potential was always there...because of who she was.

Super spy? Youre desperately reaching. She was just a spy lmao. Nothing super about her hinted at. She got the drop on Rumlow once so she has some combat skills. Big woop.

And yes it would only make sense that she stays in some sort of intelligence agency role. Shield fell... So how does her working for the CIA now not make sense? You're desperately trying to downplay her use when it has been consistent. Minor but consistent. So again their intent to use a smaller character in the comics on film is quite clear. Their lack of knowledge on how to use her tho? Thats not all that clear at all. Just baselss speculation.

Her role in the films isn't even a quarter of what it is in the comics and her only consistency of role in the films is that her role is minor. Thus my disappointment at the treatment of the character and where I think a lot of the general distaste for the character comes from. Good character, poorly utilized. <---my point right here from the beginning.

Not sure what you're even arguing here at this point:dunno

Yeah if we get Falcon, winter soldier, and US Agent I'll be happy. Highly doubt hot toys will do it, but would love to see a Zemo and Sharon Carter done by a third party.
I feel like we'll definitely get at least a 3rd party Zemo, especially if it's a mask only HS. That seems like easy money for someone.

I think we're more likely to get ML figures from the show than HT... and if we do get HT maybe just Falcon and Bucky.

Sharon is looking good though, just sayin..
Fy456U2.jpg

Bucky's new look, Falcon and Zemo would all be very tempting.

Words cannot adequate convey my indifference to Sharon Carter, all she represents to me is the rather tired trope of "a man and woman interacting in a film = potential love interest", other than that she was about as interesting as any other minor background character - less important than characters like Hill, Wong, even characters like the Warriors Three and Sif are a bit more prominent to me.

Bucky's new look, Falcon and Zemo would all be very tempting.

Words cannot adequate convey my indifference to Sharon Carter, all she represents to me is the rather tired trope of "a man and woman interacting in a film = potential love interest", other than that she was about as interesting as any other minor background character - less important than characters like Hill, Wong, even characters like the Warriors Three and Sif are a bit more prominent to me.

That's actually why I'm excited for Sharon to be back, I'm hopeful that she'll get fleshed out in the show and have a good story arc other than the hand she was dealt in Civil War which was only to be Steve's five minute love interest, and actually get to be badass and team up with Sam and Bucky and show off how good she was supposed to be at her job with SHIELD. Also crossing my fingers for no love interest between her and Bucky or her and Sam. Badass co workers only.

Was content with TWS fig, thinking that was the coolest he'd ever look...but damn

119898868_982927965557834_1390995166595896582_n.jpg

Back