Fakes in China?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c11098

Super Freak
Reaction score
Today I shopped at a internet auction site from China, I realized there are many grail items in very affordable price. For instance, Gambit Ex at $350. I wonder if anyone know what is happening?

Today I shopped at a internet auction site from China, I realized there are many grail items in very affordable price. For instance, Gambit Ex at $350. I wonder if anyone know what is happening?

I'm not sure if it's intended but I wouldn't say that the Gambit EX is a grail...(just reading the way it's written) BUT there are always a ton of fakes from Sideshow product coming out of various spots in China. Iron Man Comiquettes, Hulk v. Spider-Man Dio, the list is fairly long. There is even a spot to report them to Sideshow on their site.

I'm not sure if it's intended but I wouldn't say that the Gambit EX is a grail...(just reading the way it's written) BUT there are always a ton of fakes from Sideshow product coming out of various spots in China. Iron Man Comiquettes, Hulk v. Spider-Man Dio, the list is fairly long. There is even a spot to report them to Sideshow on their site.

I know that. For instance I see the Prime Maq Exclusive. I am not sure if it is a grail but the seller has 3? We know that some fakes have been there, but if every piece of SSC has a fake, what does that mean?

Post a link..we can use google translate...is paypal accepted??if not,this is weird ..

It is possible to have 2 ex if he has multiple accounts. Same goes for the reg Optimus statues. $9000 CNY is aprox $1390 USD. My only concern is that the ex to reg is only $31 USD apart? However given said then done, the shipping and taxes that the guy is selling the ex before he gets it out costs the $1390 USD.

I'm more incline it could be a fake auction versus a fake recasts unless those statues where stolen from the factory. My bet is those are legit auctions but the statues are stolen.

Last edited:
It is possible to have 2 ex if he has multiple accounts. Same goes for the reg Optimus statues. $9000 CNY is aprox $1390 USD.

I am not sure and thats why I am surprised .... of cos I would love those statues to be real ... because I have another channel to purchase statues other than here and ebay .... but I cannot help but wonder .... since fake is not impossible ... is it possible these are fakes ?

I am not sure and thats why I am surprised .... of cos I would love those statues to be real ... because I have another channel to purchase statues other than here and ebay .... but I cannot help but wonder .... since fake is not impossible ... is it possible these are fakes ?

Just updated my last post. I think these are legit statues stolen from the factory.

I have just email some sellers who sell statues in unreasonably low price. For instance. Black Queen Com at $200 US, Gambit PF EX at $325 US and IronMan MK VI EX at $450 US. And I demand them some photos and the serial number, I will learn more soon.

Hi. I almost bought a Black Queen CQ some time ago, it had a reasonable price but seller did not send pictures of the product and he was too friendly about shipping internationally (this is not common for fragile products like these). So... I don't know, I did not buy it. He had more Black Queens too. Weird.

They may not be fakes, they could be grabbing them off the factory line under the radar. That happens a lot in China.

they only accept moneycheck and money transfer via western union.
that explains everything i think.:peace

Ya they call them "rat stock" in Chinese cuz the workers basically sneak them out of the factory and sell them, c11098 should be familiar with that term right? It's the same thing with most electronics made in Chinese factories, you can find "rat stock" at much cheaper prices since they're really just stolen items for sell..

That being said, it could be legit, it's not completely impossible that they have 2 EX Prime for sell, and those prices seem close to retail, not totally sure but it's still possible that it's just a good deal maybe.. ?

-

Last edited:
Back