FAKE BLOOD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bezzerkerr

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I decided last minute i'm going to be Leatherface for Halloween. I have everything, EXCEPT the FAKE BLOOD. I'm basing my costume on the 9" Stylized Leatherface figure by Mezco.

styl_leatherface_2.jpg

There is nothing that looks worse than faded, fake blood. I want to BLOOD STAIN the hell ouf of his shirt, pants, apron. My forearms and hands will also be blood covered.

I don't have time to order and wait for an item to be shipped, my solution must be an over the counter paint or corn syrup mixture of some sorts...available at some type of Craft/hardware/Halloween store.

What do you guys recommend? I would prefer the blood to dry glossy (on the clothing & arms) to give it a wet look...like the blood on Bubba's hands above. The fake blood on the clothing can be permenant, but unfortunately the blood that's going to go on my forearms and hands cannot be permenant.

THANKS GUYS ... ANY and ALL feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Have a search through google for fake blood recipes. There's dozens of different recipes for fake blood to get the texture, colour, whether you can consume it or not, different consistency, darker or lighter blood shades, and so on made from over the counter stuff which shouldn't be too hard to get.

For the costume I'd use red acrylic paint with a tiny bit of blue to give it a more realistic colour. I'd then use fake blood for on your arms and hands or you could dry adding a little water to the paint.

I got some fake blood this year to see what it's like, and on some things it has dried almost a pink colour but on my remake Leatherface apron it has dried blood red.

Thank you ScorpionDeadman, that was the type of answer /confirmation i was looking for.

BloodyLeatherface.jpg

Last edited:
Back