Extra section for Hot Toys Iron Man?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Separate section for Iron Man

• Yes

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 39.0%

• Total voters
How bout we go back to the good ol' days when HT were nothing but a mere thought in someones brain.

BAN HOT TOYS COLLECTORS....Problem solved :monkey3 :lol

Seriously though we do try delete/close or merge threads where there is an existing one in place but what some peeps need to remember as well is if they consider a thread useless, don't post in it!. No-one should post to either make a joke or to complain that it is indeed a useless thread cos all that does is bump it back up to the top of the pile.
If it is truly a useless thread and not posted in it will drop off the page and fall back into the deep green depths of SSF history.

Maybe that's a little too much common sense, but worth a try, whadda ya say?!

x :lol

:goodpost::clap

No need for another section, a thread only gets bumped cause of discussion, therefore threads on the first page are the most discussed threads, if the ones you follow aren't there try the 2nd page :panic:

Now can we get this one closed and off the 1st page?

Actually, this would remove about a third of the Iron Man crud in the Marvel section. Difficult for mods to keep a handle on all the superfluous threads though.

well I know everytime I see a useless thread I chime in to make the poster feel like an idiot (others do to), We can keep that up if the mods delete/ merge more then people will get the hint and stick to appropriate discussions...

well I know everytime I see a useless thread I chime in to make the poster feel like an idiot (others do to), We can keep that up if the mods delete/ merge more then people will get the hint and stick to appropriate discussions...

so it's acceptable to the mods and admin that posters are made to 'feel like an idiot' because the conversation takes twists and turns as it evolves...just like natural conversation!

next time you're around the water cooler and the conversation evolves, try to make the guy that does so 'feel like an idiot'. see if he remains civil. this is why sometimes things in the forum escalate into name calling, threats and banishment. some people like to throw fuel on the fire, then walk away proclaiming innocence even though they are disrespecting people from behind their keyboard for the ever so important 'on-topic'. i believe the basic rules of decency and common courtesy in society should apply. if you wouldn't do that in person, surely don't do it on a message board. :lecture

No. In 6 mths time no one will give a crap about some Mark that showed up on screen for 15 seconds, HT will have cancelled half their line of IM figures, and the forum will return to normal.

so it's acceptable to the mods and admin that posters are made to 'feel like an idiot' because the conversation takes twists and turns as it evolves...just like natural conversation!

next time you're around the water cooler and the conversation evolves, try to make the guy that does so 'feel like an idiot'. see if he remains civil. this is why sometimes things in the forum escalate into name calling, threats and banishment. some people like to throw fuel on the fire, then walk away proclaiming innocence even though they are disrespecting people from behind their keyboard for the ever so important 'on-topic'. i believe the basic rules of decency and common courtesy in society should apply. if you wouldn't do that in person, surely don't do it on a message board. :lecture

Im not talking about conversations, im talking about people starting useless threads where those topics are already being discussed in the appropriate thread... try reading a post before replying :wave

regarding the bolded section... welcome to the internet

Im not talking about conversations, im talking about people starting useless threads where those topics are already being discussed in the appropriate thread... try reading a post before replying :wave

regarding the bolded section... welcome to the internet

i have done searches for subjects here, and NOTHING about the subject came up. i started a thread and low and behold, someone was there to immediately come down on me. this is BS!!! if a subject is duplicated, the mods should simply combine the threads. it's NOT open season on insults and harassment.

my point is 100% proven by your insulting and condescending reply. thanks for supporting my position, even though you didn't even know you were doing so. :hi5:

i have done searches for subjects here, and NOTHING about the subject came up. i started a thread and low and behold, someone was there to immediately come down on me. this is BS!!! if a subject is duplicated, the mods should simply combine the threads. it's NOT open season on insults and harassment.

my point is 100% proven by your insulting and condescending reply. thanks for supporting my position, even though you didn't even know you were doing so. :hi5:

what subject? and yes the mods should do that, my point is they dont, thats why we make people feel dumb, start an argument, then the mods attention is brought to it and the thread usually gets locked/deleted.

It is open season, im not attacking you personally, I don;t know you, I have never got into and argument with you (that im aware) but when you directly reply to me I reply back, if you take that as insulting thats on you, Im just defending my point

Hahah just looked at the threads youve started Darkmatter, turns out youre the very person who starts useless duplicate threads... now I get it

Hahah just looked at the threads youve started Darkmatter, turns out youre the very person who starts useless duplicate threads... now I get it

Your first post had some validity.. this one however, actually does prove Darkmatter's point. :thwak

Forums are a conversational debating platform.. and if I had a dollar for every pointless conversation individuals have had in pubs or 'strategy' meetings at work, in RL.. I would be obscenely rich.

Back on Topic... MOAR IRON MAN!.. but in its own section.

Your first post had some validity.. this one however, actually does prove Darkmatter's point. :thwak

Forums are a conversational debating platform.. and if I had a dollar for every pointless conversation individuals have had in pubs or 'strategy' meetings at work, in RL.. I would be obscenely rich.

Back on Topic... MOAR IRON MAN!.. but in its own section.

all im saying is discussion (however useless it gets) should take place in the appropriate thread related to the figure. once an MMS thread is created all related discussion should take place there. Darkmatter, along with some others start their own thread because they are a) idiotic or b) too lazy to go to the appropriate thread and discuss it there... the majority of Darkmatters started threads are these kinds of threads which is why im now calling him on it as he got defensive of my post for me stating my thoughts

I'll add that in the past I myself had started some "guess" threads, however I was "taught" by people on here and adjusted accordingly.. take it as a lesson and move on

all im saying is discussion (however useless it gets) should take place in the appropriate thread related to the figure. once an MMS thread is created all related discussion should take place there. Darkmatter, along with some others start their own thread because they are a) idiotic or b) too lazy to go to the appropriate thread and discuss it there... the majority of Darkmatters started threads are these kinds of threads which is why im now calling him on it as he got defensive of my post for me stating my thoughts

.. and that is why i said your first post had some validity.. take the shame for the second, more provocative one... :lol

I like this forum but the search function IS rather hit and miss.. particularly on popular subjects.. Chaos is after all the natural state of the multiverse (with a slight bias towards balance.. but not balance as we know it, Captain).

Is voting No, in fact more subliminal hating on IM?.. How dare the crazed fanboys suggest creating a special section for the shell headed abomination, when BTTF or ..*fill in franchise of choice*.. is not getting enough figure love!
.. just a thought...

.. and that is why i said your first post had some validity.. take the shame for the second, more provocative one... :lol

I like this forum but the search function IS rather hit and miss.. particularly on popular subjects.. Chaos is after all the natural state of the multiverse (with a slight bias towards balance.. but not balance as we know it, Captain).

Is voting No, in fact more subliminal hating on IM?.. How dare the crazed fanboys suggest creating a special section for the shell headed abomination, when BTTF or ..*fill in franchise of choice*.. is not getting enough figure love!
.. just a thought...

its the internet, I have no shame :lol

I think IM threads will die down after most of the releases are out, but it really is up to the mods to merge and delete. and I have to add I have NEVER used the search function to look for relevant threads, theyre always within 3 pages .. :peace

its the internet, I have no shame :lol

I think IM threads will die down after most of the releases are out, but it really is up to the mods to merge and delete. and I have to add I have NEVER used the search function to look for relevant threads, theyre always within 3 pages .. :peace

I take your point.. however I also think LJ was right, with more Avengers movies (and more IM movies to come..probably)..that means a long wait for the dust to settle.. so I think one extra section wouldn't hurt.
:peace

merge threads, no need for a seperate section, and delete threads like this complaining about other threads while doing the same they are complaining about

Back