Everything Transformers that isn't G1 sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but someone there said that people who want to criticize non-G1 TF stuff should start their own thread. So, here it is! No movie love here.

Yeah, but I wasn't really being serious when I said it. I don't even like the movies that much myself and their related toys even less.

It just gets a little tiresome sometimes to hear Gwunners go on about it as if it was the be all and end all every time a non G1 era gets mentioned :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Nice Alternity pic bcm77, anywho I ordered the Warbot Defender *cough*Springer*cough from BBTS. I will take pics when he arrives.

Nice Alternity pic bcm77, anywho I ordered the Warbot Defender *cough*Springer*cough from BBTS. I will take pics when he arrives.

Thanks! Congrats on the Warbot order, I'm unsure on it myself, the robot mode is excellent but the alt modes look a bit lame and considering it'd cost me about £70 I think I would sooner get MP Starscream or the two Combaticons FansProject are making as my Decepticon lineup is somewhat lacking in numbers.

I hear you man, I think if you have the fansproject UM then this is a great addition. I am sure RC is on the way.

Though I'm not sure that I agree about this Beastformers stuff (that came way after I stopped watching Transformers)...
Many have tried to get me to, but I just can't bring myself to watch it, no matter how awesome they say it is. I don't like the animation style (reminds me of Reboot) and I don't like the character designs, instant turn off right there.

Strictly G1 for me, for life! :rock

All G1 all the time! Or anything that is a good homage to G1 like the classics line.

I can't get past the Beast Wars animation either. I've tried especially since everyone says the writing was great but cheap computer animation is a definite turn off for me.

Defender is probably the first TF toy that I've been really excited for in a while. After seeing the video review that was posted earlier in the thread it's hard to believe that a TF fan can resist it.

Yeah, I'm with you guys in that the designs of Beastwars and crappy CG just don't do it for me. Of course, I'm extremely prejudiced toward thinking the G1 designs are perfectly awesome and that the animation wasn't too horrible most of the time because I enjoyed it as a kid. But so what? :lol That accounts for 90% of my collectible tastes.

Regarding fansproject, I'm tempted to go after that Bruticus, but may settle on just buying the updated Swindle. That was one of my favorite figures as a kid.

Any new acquisitions? I am thinking about getting into the Classics line but DAYUM are the prices going up!

Almost sold my Optimus Prime MIB from 1982 Hasbro this weekend but I pulled the auction, I just can't do it... he's my last G1 Transformer besides all the Masterpiece line. Also he is the best Prime I've seen out of a bunch I've purchased and sold back on eBay.

Optimus Prime G1 Transformers 1982 NOT A REISSUE

NO RESERVE!!!!

Your are bidding on the ORIGINAL G1 OPTIMUS PRIME from 1982, I have had this in my collection for a very long time and it's time to let it go due to thinning out my collection for our new home. My loss is your gain!!!! This comes complete with all the accessories, weapons, instruction manuals, decoder bar, box, foam insert and even the original SEARS receipt when purchased at retail price. I've had several Primes in my collection loose and I can say that this is the best Prime I've had in my possession, it's basically as if it were in 1982 brand new (AMAZING!!!). I've provided several pics but if you have further questions please feel free to contact me at ********@sbcglobal.net. The box is in very good shape with some shelf wear but it's in very very good condition compared to others that rate their boxes in just good condition.

I will ship once payment is received the next day, so good luck on bidding on this auction I hope it goes to a happy home!

No international shipping, sorry...

Thanks

op10.jpg

That being said G1 or nothing after that I can't stand anything much of Transformers.... I'll watch the movies because I'm loyal but the 1986 movie is where my heart is at.

Last edited:
Any new acquisitions? I am thinking about getting into the Classics line but DAYUM are the prices going up!

Yeah, prices have been steadily increasing on everything Classics. With the new Generations line coming I dunno if things are going to slow down either.

Almost sold my Optimus Prime MIB from 1982 Hasbro this weekend but I pulled the auction, I just can't do it... he's my last G1 Transformer besides all the Masterpiece line. Also he is the best Prime I've seen out of a bunch I've purchased and sold back on eBay.

Optimus Prime G1 Transformers 1982 NOT A REISSUE

NO RESERVE!!!!

Your are bidding on the ORIGINAL G1 OPTIMUS PRIME from 1982, I have had this in my collection for a very long time and it's time to let it go due to thinning out my collection for our new home. My loss is your gain!!!! This comes complete with all the accessories, weapons, instruction manuals, decoder bar, box, foam insert and even the original SEARS receipt when purchased at retail price. I've had several Primes in my collection loose and I can say that this is the best Prime I've had in my possession, it's basically as if it were in 1982 brand new (AMAZING!!!). I've provided several pics but if you have further questions please feel free to contact me at ********@sbcglobal.net. The box is in very good shape with some shelf wear but it's in very very good condition compared to others that rate their boxes in just good condition.

I will ship once payment is received the next day, so good luck on bidding on this auction I hope it goes to a happy home!

No international shipping, sorry...

Thanks

op10.jpg

That being said G1 or nothing after that I can't stand anything much of Transformers.... I'll watch the movies because I'm loyal but the 1986 movie is where my heart is at.

Don't do it Ski! Think of how awesome this is, you'd be hard pressed to find a replacement. :monkey2 Think of your future children, maybe one day you can pass this down to Ski Jr. if he digs the Transformers. My son is almost 2 years old and I think of what I will pass down to him when he is old enough. Hell he is just learning to talk and one of the words he knows is Bumblebee (as best as he can say it), how awesome is that? "Pass on what you have learned, save you it can!" or just sell it to me. :D

Don't do it Ski! Think of how awesome this is, you'd be hard pressed to find a replacement. :monkey2 Think of your future children, maybe one day you can pass this down to Ski Jr. if he digs the Transformers. My son is almost 2 years old and I think of what I will pass down to him when he is old enough. Hell he is just learning to talk and one of the words he knows is Bumblebee (as best as he can say it), how awesome is that? "Pass on what you have learned, save you it can!" or just sell it to me. :D

Thanks bro for that story, I think just because you kid can say Bumblebee has 100% flipped the switch on me kipping my last G1 piece.

Thanks Deak. :rock

No problem brother! :duff Many times I have sold stuff and later regretted it. I'd kill to have my toys from when I was a kid. :monkey2

I put this in the WTB section but I'd figure I could try here too, I guess this sucker went on clearance. If anyone could help that would be great. Thanks! :wave

Bruticus01.jpg

Back