Everything Transformers that isn't G1 sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw him in TRU the other day. I will admit he looks AMAZING on the shelf, but he's still waaaay too expensive at £59.99. (thats $95 in weird money)

I bought him from my local toys r us the other week, i was happy to pay £59.99 compaired to the price theyw ere going for on ebay. They must have only got 1 case as there was only 2 on the shelf and i know how toys r us can be with stock so sporadic.

My Local TRU's have loads of restocked MP Grimlock, got mine when he first showed up here though on a sale as well for $59.97. I wish Prime had the same amount of detail this figure and the seekers have.

I like that they kept his transformation the way it was on the original toy which really is the same way he transformed in the cartoon so, if they made the transformation any different or more complicated, it would be ____ing dumb.

I like that they kept his transformation the way it was on the original toy which really is the same way he transformed in the cartoon so, if they made the transformation any different or more complicated, it would be ____ing dumb.

It's a testament to the strength of the original Diaclone/G1 design that so little was changed.

I think complex transformations are overrated anyway, and considering that most TF's are aimed at young kids pretty impractical too.

I wonder how many parents had to deal with kids who got upset because the overly complex nature of most Bayformers meant they couldn't enjoy the main gimmick?

MP Grimlock is as perfect as the MP line has got so far, here's what I think of the others,

Seeker mold = Decent but the robot mode is dragged down a bit by the hip kibble. Had the design of the original proto been stuck to it would have been as good as Grimlock.

Optimus Prime = Robot mode is still great but the truck cab looks a bit dodgy and it's too big and clunky to be any fun. Not a mold I have any more intrest in owning after having to return both Hasbro releases due to bad QC.

Megatron = The complex transformation fetishists probably love it but I think it's one of the worst TF's ever made.
It seemed OK when I got it but my enthusiasm vanished after the 3rd or 4th time the bloody thing fell over in my display case. I got my money back when I resold it though so things turned out OK :)

It's a testament to the strength of the original Diaclone/G1 design that so little was changed.

I think complex transformations are overrated anyway, and considering that most TF's are aimed at young kids pretty impractical too.

I wonder how many parents had to deal with kids who got upset because the overly complex nature of most Bayformers meant they couldn't enjoy the main gimmick?

MP Grimlock is as perfect as the MP line has got so far, here's what I think of the others,

Seeker mold = Decent but the robot mode is dragged down a bit by the hip kibble. Had the design of the original proto been stuck to it would have been as good as Grimlock.

Optimus Prime = Robot mode is still great but the truck cab looks a bit dodgy and it's too big and clunky to be any fun. Not a mold I have any more intrest in owning after having to return both Hasbro releases due to bad QC.

Megatron = The complex transformation fetishists probably love it but I think it's one of the worst TF's ever made.
It seemed OK when I got it but my enthusiasm vanished after the 3rd or 4th time the bloody thing fell over in my display case. I got my money back when I resold it though so things turned out OK :)

I agree with this. Grimmy's tied to OP for me. If it were only bigger and without the stupid light-up gimmicks, it would've been my number 1. The OP mold is a great figure and I'm nuts over it (I own every repaint except the Lucky Draw) and strangely, my favorite is the 20th Anniv DVD Prime. The other editions are like high maintenance girlfriends: they're pretty to look at, but finicky and you won't have as much fun since you'll always have to be careful.

After 20+ years of service I decided to give my original G! Prime some upgrades.

Thanks for the memories, good buddy! :duff

DSCN5855-1.jpg

Dumb and retarded question are they custom figures or official figures that fit inside the seats of Optimus prime g1??

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

Back