Everything Transformers that isn't G1 sucks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent collection! I like that you don't have it mixed up with the movie/Beast Wars/etc. stuff that lots of big collections like that seem to have. G1 or bust, I say.

I've got a Prowl Alternators kit-bash myself. Need to get those missile launchers, though. . .

Excellent collection! I like that you don't have it mixed up with the movie/Beast Wars/etc. stuff that lots of big collections like that seem to have. G1 or bust, I say.

I've got a Prowl Alternators kit-bash myself. Need to get those missile launchers, though. . .

Show it or GTFO. :D

Just because non-G1 stuff sucks doesn't mean that the children won't buy stuff once they get tired of their Pokemen or Yugio toys.

Show it or GTFO. :D

DSCN2572.jpg

:rock

I really need to update my camera.

Thanks. I've got a few other Alts in storage, but here is an older pic

altcrew.jpg

I'm waiting for the U.S. release of Grimmy. I almost pulled the trigger on the Takara version more than once, though.

Thanks. I've got a few other Alts in storage, but here is an older pic

altcrew.jpg

I'm waiting for the U.S. release of Grimmy. I almost pulled the trigger on the Takara version more than once, though.

I'm looking forward to the U.S. Grimlock release as well. It'll be nice to get a second one at a little cheaper price. I really want to display him in robot mode and dinosaur mode at the same time.

Thanks mate !!!
Unfortunately the "Binaltech arming kits" are becoming a real b**h to find. Happy hunting though !!!
I only like my collection to including figs that are an obvious homage to the Gen 1 character design, Particularly the 84-86 bots and cons.
I don’t actually own a single Beast Wars Fig and only have a couple of movie figs, which I don’t want polluting my main collection :lol. Although I have to say I do Love Ejector from ROTF. A robotic Gremlin that transforms into a toaster is just to much fun. If you can, pick him up for the novelty factor !!
Love your custom Alt Ironhide and Ratchet by the way. Such a shame the line got canned before getting round to these guys :monkey2 Yours make excellent substitutes though!!!!
Not bought a TF in ages but waiting on a nice haul from Kapow including Defender (Springer), Shadow Warrior (Rumble/Frenzy) WST Shockwave and Blaster and the second run of the, hopefully corrected, Ark set.

The third party companies are a beacon of Gen 1 light in the never ending darkness of the ROTF toyline.

Bob

Ill, brother... you and I are best of friends and have hung out and brought the awesomeness.

You HAVE to watch Beast Wars. At least give the first season a watch. I guarantee you after you watch the first season, you'll be hooked.

And it only gets better.

This is coming from (as you know) a G1 lover.

:peace

Some episodes from S1 aren't that good though. I'd pick out only the good ones, then go from there and watch the entirety of S2 and S3.

Love your custom Alt Ironhide and Ratchet by the way. Such a shame the line got canned before getting round to these guys :monkey2
Thanks. The Skids figures went on sale on Hasbrotoyshop a few years ago, and I picked a few up to customize. I think they both turned out pretty well, though I never installed the emergency lights so that Ratchet would look right when transformed. I'm far from a serious customizer, but I was happy with the results. I think the Skids figure works best to reflect the body-type of those characters, even though they are a tad smallish.

P1010025.jpg

sorry man, i didn't see this :)

these links will help ya out:

Alternators:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=11

Binaltech (aka Alternators with metal/Japanese)

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=7

Seibertron.com Alternators/Binaltech galleries:

https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/toys/series/alternators/29/

:duff

Thanks man, wow there's a lot of them, are the metal Japanese versions the better ones, I'm mainly interested in just the G1 styles, I see there's even a car Grimlock :monkey4 :lol

and a Corvette Ravage :google

Thanks man, wow there's a lot of them, are the metal Japanese versions the better ones, I'm mainly interested in just the G1 styles, I see there's even a car Grimlock :monkey4 :lol

and a Corvette Ravage :google

yeah just better quality, but i have alternators and love em.

yeah i stay away from the really weird ones.

good ones to buy are hound, jazz, mirage, prowl, sliverstreak, ricochet (my favorite), sideswipe, skids, smokescreen, sunstreaker... they are all pretty good and close to G1 counterparts.

:duff

Back