Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked my AT&T bill and noticed I got charged a $36 "One-time Upgrade Fee" for the three iPhones I ordered, WTF? I don't remember being charged an upgrade fee in the past.

Just checked my AT&T bill and noticed I got charged a $36 "One-time Upgrade Fee" for the three iPhones I ordered, WTF? I don't remember being charged an upgrade fee in the past.

They were pretty clear about it if you checked your upgrade status online. It sucks.

Wed for me, checked out the YouTube App download and it's fine with me, not sure why is everyone making such noise

Because its apple. I saw abc this morning reporting how people are complaining about scratches and the maps again. It's lame. Next it will be scratch gate or map gate. :lol

They were pretty clear about it if you checked your upgrade status online. It sucks.

Hmmm, through the AT&T site? I ordered directly through the online Apple Store, and I don't remember seeing anything that said I was going to be charged. Maybe I'm mistaken.

Yeah, I'm 99% certain that the Apple site made no mention of the upgrade fee.

I know it has probably been mentioned, but to save me time searching this thread, to get everything from my GF's old iPhone to her new one, I just need to backup her old iPhone to a computer, than sync the new one correct?

And at that point, do I do a system restore to her old iPhone to erase all data completely?

Haven't they had the upgrade fee for awhile now?
I think we've been charged that since the 4 (at the least).

DB - yes and yes. Make sure the sync is done to the same iTunes as the back-up is all.
I sync the new phone as "new" vs restore from back-up, though. Seems to work better, imo.

Haven't they had the upgrade fee for awhile now?
I think we've been charged that since the 4 (at the least).

I'm not certain. I may have just been oblivious to it in the past.

Crazy how Apple ships. I order three iPhones the first day they took pre-orders(one for me and my GF, and one for my mom who's on our family plan), all within minutes of each other. We ordered one 16GB balck for my mom, one 32GB black for me, and one 32GB white for the GB. My mom's went from China to Honk Kong to Alaska to Kentucky to Virginia; mine went from China to Hong Kong to New York to Virginia, and both are on the truck for delivery today. My GF's went from China to Hong Kong to Korea, and isn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow, despite the fact that I ordered all three on the same day. :dunno

Because its apple. I saw abc this morning reporting how people are complaining about scratches and the maps again. It's lame. Next it will be scratch gate or map gate. :lol

I also read on one of the reviews that some people are also complaining about how light the phone is now. I welcome this weight loss because of all the crap I tend to carry in my pockets, but I'm not sure how valid this is for a chief complaint.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

I'm not certain. I may have just been oblivious to it in the past.

Crazy how Apple ships. I order three iPhones the first day they took pre-orders(one for me and my GF, and one for my mom who's on our family plan), all within minutes of each other. We ordered one 16GB balck for my mom, one 32GB black for me, and one 32GB white for the GB. My mom's went from China to Honk Kong to Alaska to Kentucky to Virginia; mine went from China to Hong Kong to New York to Virginia, and both are on the truck for delivery today. My GF's went from China to Hong Kong to Korea, and isn't scheduled for delivery until tomorrow, despite the fact that I ordered all three on the same day. :dunno

I didn't know it was happening either until the 4. Kinda pee'd me off as they really don't tell you about it unless you read at&t's fine print. :mad:

Our 3G versions were the same delivery issue as yours. We then bought our 4's at the downtown store, but ordered the 4S online with no hitch in delivery.

btw, I used the Maps again on the 4S yesterday and it worked flawlessly!

I ran a couple of tests this time by taking a couple of different streets than it recommended, and it was able to re-direct me instantaneously without a hitch!

Maybe we got lucky in Chicago with the mapping of streets, but I think it works much better than google maps ever did.

I love my iphone 5 :) Siri is awesome. I even had a little fun and told it to "F off" and her response was "Did I do something wrong" :lol

Anyone know how to get 3D mapping on buildings? I saw it advertise on the commercial but don't know if its part of the mapping or not?

:lol

I may have to try out my drunken sailor language on her. :lol

3D on buildings...there's a 3D button on the map I think in the lower LH corner, if that's what you mean?

From what I've seen of maps so far on iOS6... The truly 3D maps are only in large cities. The rest is just 2D arial photography set at an angle. Although mountainous terrain does display very well it's still just 2D image rendered on a 3D terrain map. To get a good comparison use 3D maps on a few rural areas, then go look at Miami, or NYC, then check it out on some mountains.

Yeah, the 3D is better downtown Chicago than anywhere outside a mile radius or so. We have some architectural spots I thought would be in 3D, but nadda.

Definitely need to check out some 3D mountains later.

:lol:yess:

Used my 4s today and it took me to a spot that didn't exist. :( Oh well had to do it the old fashioned way. Called for directions. I can't believe this thing is a phone.

My iPhone 5 should be waiting for me when I get home. I'll have to get a case this weekend. Not sure what ill get at this time. Might get an otterbox which looks like it should support it well enough but that's a drastic change from just my lotr themed iPhone 4 shell

:lol

I may have to try out my drunken sailor language on her. :lol

3D on buildings...there's a 3D button on the map I think in the lower LH corner, if that's what you mean?

I see. Just notice the 3D icon button turns to a tower icon when it's closed to certain buildings. I like how you can rotate the map to get a 360 view. Pretty cool feature.

My iPhone 5 should be waiting for me when I get home. I'll have to get a case this weekend. Not sure what ill get at this time. Might get an otterbox which looks like it should support it well enough but that's a drastic change from just my lotr themed iPhone 4 shell

Otterbox is the best. What I have.

Back