Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadMoon

Demi G0D Overseer
Reaction score
I figured I would make a thread solely for iPhone information.

Anyways I have a question. To those of you using the new software. Do you close out your applications after you are done? I realized I had almost every application on in the background. I am wondering if this is why my battery has been draining so quickly? I have been using the phone a ton.

Also Carl, didn't you post some type of Freaks icons or something a year or two ago?

I go through and close out all my applications every now and then when I think about it. Not sure if it really matters or not. :dunno

It is a good idea to actually close them. I noticed that when I leave them all on, my battery does indeed drain faster.

It is a good idea to actually close them. I noticed that when I leave them all on, my battery does indeed drain faster.

Interesting, I seriously had everything left on since I have been using it. I didn't even know how to work the multi tasking and just randomly figured it out when I double tapped the home button. I'm not much of an instruction reader. LOL! I just figure stuff out as I go along. :lol

I'm still hoping for Verizon to get the iPhone. Then I'll jump on it immediately. What are the data plan charges right now with AT&T?

I'm still hoping for Verizon to get the iPhone. Then I'll jump on it immediately. What are the data plan charges right now with AT&T?

$25 for 2 gigs of data. $10 for each additional gig. I don't think I'm going to come close to using 2 gigs. I was in your shoes. I kept waiting for Verizon. I got tire of waiting. :lol

Anyways, I was able to find this:

Don't worry, not all of these apps are "running." In fact, most of them are not. Those 42 apps are the last 42 apps you used, they're not churning in the background, sucking up your battery life. Think of them sort of like Han Solo encased in carbonite; they're in suspended animation, so they spring back to life right where you left them when tapped. So, that app list is there for your convenience, not to stress you out, so don't worry, be happy! You're running iOS4 on an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4, you lucky son-a-ma-batches! Your iPhone is taking care of multitasking, so you don't have to.

So I've noticed my battery draining pretty fast too..... But this may be a stupid question, but how do you actually CLOSE out an application? :dunno

I usually just hit the home button......

Attachments

• hulkbuster 010.JPG
    hulkbuster 010.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 15
  • hulkbuster 029.JPG
    hulkbuster 029.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • hulkbuster 030.JPG
    hulkbuster 030.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
So I've noticed my battery draining pretty fast too..... But this may be a stupid question, but how do you actually CLOSE out an application? :dunno

Well here I thought I was an idiot. LOL! I guess I'm not.

You double tap the home button and it will bring up all of your recently used applications. Hold down on any one of them and red minus button will appear in the left corner. Tap to close. :duff

Well here I thought I was an idiot. LOL! I guess I'm not.

You double tap the home button and it will bring up all of your recently used applications. Hold down on any one of them and red minus button will appear in the left corner. Tap to close. :duff

Haha. Well this is the first time that I've heard anything about this.... :eek:

So wait, all the apps that pop up are ones that are open? :confused: It shows a lot of apps, like messages, mail, calendar...... Should I close everything out to try and see if that saves me battery life? :dunno

Haha. Well this is the first time that I've heard anything about this.... :eek:

So wait, all the apps that pop up are ones that are open? :confused: It shows a lot of apps, like messages, mail, calendar...... Should I close everything out to try and see if that saves me battery life? :dunno

Most of the apps aren't actually running apparently. However, some of them do. I can't figure out what is running and what isn't. It's not supposed to be a huge drain on the battery either way. I believe my time spent in iMovie and Doodle Jump is what's killing mine. LOL!

Same question. And I noticed my battery drained from 90% to 20% in a few hours the other day. I hard reset it.

I also noticed that since upgrading to the new OS, my volume control doesn't work for certain Zynga games. It's either full blast or muted/vibed.

Same question. And I noticed my battery drained from 90% to 20% in a few hours the other day. I hard reset it.

I also noticed that since upgrading to the new OS, my volume control doesn't work for certain Zynga games. It's either full blast or muted/vibed.

I heard the new OS kills the non iPhone 4 phones batteries. Maybe that is it?

I just got a call from that warranty company. Apparently I get $5 for every person I refer and also get a coupon for 50% my next warranty through them. Pretty darn cool!

$25 for 2 gigs of data. $10 for each additional gig. I don't think I'm going to come close to using 2 gigs. I was in your shoes. I kept waiting for Verizon. I got tire of waiting. :lol

Thanks! Yeah, I think once my 2-year contract ends with Verizon, I'll consider switching.

Interesting, I seriously had everything left on since I have been using it. I didn't even know how to work the multi tasking and just randomly figured it out when I double tapped the home button. I'm not much of an instruction reader. LOL! I just figure stuff out as I go along. :lol

Welcome to the club. I rarely ever read instructions unless I'm completely at a standstill trying to figure something out. IMO this is the best way to learn. Hopefully this'll help with the battery life.

Glad they added multitasking but I will admit I am not a big fan of how it works nor am I a fan of how to close out the applications. It should be easier/quicker if you ask me. I haven't noticed a difference in my battery on my 3GS.

Wow, I'm out for a couple of days and you guys set up a new thread...sweet! :yess:

Ok, so is there any truth to the free bumper, and is there any truth to the OS upgrade? This email/gmail thing is driving me nuts!!!! :gah:

Apps will close when you hit the home key unless they have been reprogramed to work with the multitasking. Apps like Pandora before would close when you hit the home screen button but the latest version will run in the background allowing you to listen to music through Pandora while doing something else. Some other apps that have a push notification can be allowed to run in the background so the notifications will happen. But most apps will have closed and just show up in the latest apps run portion and won't be using battery.

Wow, I'm out for a couple of days and you guys set up a new thread...sweet! :yess:

Ok, so is there any truth to the free bumper, and is there any truth to the OS upgrade? This email/gmail thing is driving me nuts!!!! :gah:

What's wrong with the email?

Back