Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why you go to sounds and set mail to none... So it doesn't play sound. :lol

I don't think you're understanding me. When you go into sounds for mail you have the choice of selecting a noise or instead of the noise just a vibration. I unselected "ding" and selected to vibrate only for mail. It not only vibrates but it still dings even though I've selected no sound.

My turn to ask a question / for help:

My GF's iPhone 5 is asking for a password to listen to her voicemail.

She had an iPhone 4 previously, and never set it up to have a voicemail before, so we both can't figure out why it's asking for one now. We've tried everything we could think, the last four digits of her number, the last four of the account holders Social Security number, the passcode to unlock her phone...nothing works.

I guess our only option is to call AT&T to have them reset the password? :dunno

My turn to ask a question / for help:

My GF's iPhone 5 is asking for a password to listen to her voicemail.

She had an iPhone 4 previously, and never set it up to have a voicemail before, so we both can't figure out why it's asking for one now. We've tried everything we could think, the last four digits of her number, the last four of the account holders Social Security number, the passcode to unlock her phone...nothing works.

I guess our only option is to call AT&T to have them reset the password? :dunno[/QUOTE]

yeah, that's the easiest thing. Or if you have an online account, you might be able to reset it on the computer

*and yes I know I live in Canada, but I'm sure its the same process with every cell phone company*

This ding **** is ****ing pissing me off. Someone please come up with an answer before I run over this piece of ****.

Are you absolutely positive the alert tones is set/checked to "none" for new mail and sent mail?
I just switched the email notification between "ding" and "none" and it worked fine.

If that isn't it, maybe try restarting/soft resetting the phone?

I go into settings and then click sounds. Under sounds I scroll down and next to new mail it says none. When I click on new mail at the top of the list of tones available it says none with a check mark next to it.

How do you reset it and will I lose all the stuff I have on it?

Here's a picture on my screen...

ddol5g.jpg

2a6087l.jpg

I also was thinking maybe it's because of icloud and having email turned on with my ipad. I turned it off on my ipad and both my phone and my ipad still ding everytime a new email arrives.

I think the only way I did it was to close the mail app down. Not sure I ever found another way. I don't even use it now.

I close out of everything as soon as I'm done using it so it's definitely not that. I've tried turning the phone on and off now and that didn't do anything either. I can't find anything online about it except for one posting on apples forums that went unanswered. I'm about to put a bullet in this thing.

Back