Everything iPhone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 drop test.

Personally, no matter what Samsung may try to put down Apple, one thing they can't compare is there cheap casing. Here's a link to the drop test done for both phones.

https://mashable.com/2012/09/21/iphone-5-drop-test/

The build quality of the iPhone 5 seems like a big improvement over the previous generation iPhones. It's still not a good idea to go dropping smartphones though :monkey1.

Personally, no matter what Samsung may try to put down Apple, one thing they can't compare is there cheap casing. Here's a link to the drop test done for both phones.

https://mashable.com/2012/09/21/iphone-5-drop-test/
Wow what a scientific test. Thats to random, could drop in a differnt spot at a different angle ect.. so what that proves is blind luck a S3 can break and in blink luck a iphone 5 wont:slap:slap

should i trade my old phone into Game Stop? I took a "price quote" test on their site but I dont know how much they actually give you in person.

I just got an email from gamestop and according to the price quote I should be able to get $300.00 for my Iphone.
I seriously doubt Gamestop will give us anything close to that but ya never know...I guess I will stop by and find out anyway.

Guess having to wait for next week might not be a bad thing. Dad's IPhone still hasn't activated yet.

So I tried to update my iPad 1 but it said that it has the current software of iOS 5.1. Any suggestions?

EDIT: NVM, just found out iOS6 is not compatible with iPad 1.

Last edited:

Wow what a scientific test. Thats to random, could drop in a differnt spot at a different angle ect.. so what that proves is blind luck a S3 can break and in blink luck a iphone 5 wont:slap:slap

Yeah, I'd take that video with a grain of salt. Iphones have a reputation of having horrible build quality. Maybe Apple improved it this time - but I'll need to see a few more crazy videos like that just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing where the iPhone 5 got lucky and survived.

Yeah, I'd take that video with a grain of salt. Iphones have a reputation of having horrible build quality. Maybe Apple improved it this time - but I'll need to see a few more crazy videos like that just to make sure it wasn't a one time thing where the iPhone 5 got lucky and survived.

I am not saying one is better but if your not dropping it to the same exact same spot you could hit something allowing it to be damaged easier one time and a spot where damage is much less likely the second time.

I just got an email from gamestop and according to the price quote I should be able to get $300.00 for my Iphone.
I seriously doubt Gamestop will give us anything close to that but ya never know...I guess I will stop by and find out anyway.

I checked my spam and found the same email after I read your post. The online test quoted my old 16gig i4 @ $142 cash and that's what the sales guy in the store gave me after he confirmed the condition.

I think Apple issued an "Order 66" on my 4 because it stopped working Thursday night. I dropped it earlier that day, but it worked fine until I went to put it on silent mode later.
~~After messing around with it I stopped by AT&T yesterday, and they couldn't get it working either so I started messing around with some of the other phones. Meh on most of the Droids they had in there so I casually asked the salesman when he thought they'd get iPhone 5s in stock. He said they had three in store. One 32gb and two 64 gb. I am now a proud owner of a 32gb iPhone 5. It's very nice so far, and I really love how much lighter it feels in the hand.

For all you iPhone haters, this woman explains why you should own one. There's no arguing with her. :lecture

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Got mine on Saturday (just walked in and got one) and I'm really liking it so far - you can really see the difference in the speed of everything. I also like the widescreen effect when turned sideways.

Wed for me, checked out the YouTube App download and it's fine with me, not sure why is everyone making such noise

Back