Ever broke one of your collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke the leg off of my Mark II straight out of the box. But superglue saved the day. It functions just fine. You wouldn't know anything was wrong with it.

Plus something always goes wrong with me & the small velcro on pouches.

Not a big thing but I broke my Hermione Granger mini bust from Gentle Giant. Nothing major,just the tongue off the Monster Book of Monsters book she's holding.

l never have. make sure when you guys eventually sell the item that you state it has a repair. can't stand buying something the person says is mint, then you get it you can tell there was a repair. has happened to me a couple times.

Last edited:
I have broken a few of my cheaper NECAlike figures. Nothing high end though. I try to be as careful as I can when moving things around. But it always seems like its the dumbest little move that breaks things and then when you try to fix um it just makes it worse. Doesn't matter I guess because you'll always know its damaged.

Broke the sai off a Raphael EX. Was resting my hand on the shelf to steady for a photo of another piece, and off it came. I didn't even feel it, just heard the plastic clank as it hit my desk. It broke at its base where it molds with the hand, which is why it was repairable in a way you can't see anything. But, I know it's busted, and it will forever be. I don't know if I'll be able to just live with it or not. I may have to sell it as damaged/repaired and try to get enough to not eat it too bad on buying another mint one. You can't even tell it's been broken, but every time I look at it, I hear the sai clanking against my desk, instead of smiling about having it. Soon, I'll have the last 2 of the 4 turtles, and Raph will still be damaged goods. I took pictures after repairing it, but there's really nothing to see or I'd post them. It was a nearly perfect repair as the epoxy filled out the cracks and the paint did the rest. But, like someone said, I know. I could mail it to you, tell you where it's broke, and I doubt you'd find the break. You'd think a person could live with that. :gah:

Last edited:
Its a right of passage.

Like masturbating, we have all done it though not everyone will admit to it.

And I prefer the mentally unstable/extra strong glue (not for masturbating, of course).

:lol:lol you might want to keep super-glueing and masturbating separate as it could turn out to be pretty painful.

Ouch. What part broke? Did you just swing it or did it hit another one? I've always wondered what the impact resistance of those are because it is hard to resist playing with them.

The Hot Toys ALIENS Warrior.
First to go was the Left Kneecap then the right foot.:horror

What's worse than breaking your own hot toys figures? Breaking someone elses brand new figure!

I accidentally broke one of my brother in law's figures. The figure he got was actually a lemon, but it's kinda hard explaining to someone why the hell you're taking something out of a box when you have no business touching it in the first place.

So to cut a long story short, I managed to secretly buy an exact brand new figure and secretly swapped it. Had to pay quite bit for it too cuz I was paying local retailer price.

But yeah, moral of the story is don't touch other peoples stuff.

Back