Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gutted Wiltshire didn't make the Euros due to be being injured. We could of really done with him. His passing is class, he's fast & can tackle. Him & Chamberlain are going to be big big names

I thought Carroll was one of the better players on the pitch, he held the ball up well, took his header superbly and made some important headers in defence from set plays.

Young and Milner didn't do enough for me and were pretty average, Wallcott definitely made the difference when he came on, considering England had never beaten Sweden in a competitive match i will take that win all day long.

I feel sorry for the United players in the England squad.

It's bad enough that they have to play alongside planks like Nani every week but they must feel even more demoralised when they report for international duty and see a charisma & talent vacuum like Gerrard captaining the side and journeymen like Parker & Milner in the squad.

At least Gary Neville is there to cheer them up by telling them amusing stories about his father Neville Neville :lol

I feel sorry for the United players in the England squad.

It's bad enough that they have to play alongside planks like Nani every week but they must feel even more demoralised when they report for international duty and see a charisma & talent vacuum like Gerrard captaining the side and journeymen like Parker & Milner in the squad.

At least Gary Neville is there to cheer them up by telling them amusing stories about his father Neville Neville :lol

Why would you feel sorry for them? maybe they're proud to represent their country like any footballer would be, i take it your a united fan then? that would explain your hatred for Gerrard, while he isn't on the same level he was a few years back, he is still easily one of England's best players, your constant negativity towards England is quite pathetic tbh, from a so-called English man.

Game starting soon... Me think Russia can walk all over Greece while Czech can hold Poland.

Why would you feel sorry for them? maybe they're proud to represent their country like any footballer would be, i take it your a united fan then? that would explain your hatred for Gerrard, while he isn't on the same level he was a few years back, he is still easily one of England's best players, your constant negativity towards England is quite pathetic tbh, from a so-called English man.

1. They'd never admit it in public but it must be somewhat demoralising going into England matches knowing they've minimal chance of success as they're surrounded by players that are mostly of a lesser quality....even a weak United squad has a better than average chance of winning something.

2.Gerrard exemplifies the way most English players get hyped up to ridiculous levels if they have one or two decent games for their club or against lesser international opposition.

He is not, and never has been world class and that goes for pretty much the entire squad including the United players.

Rooney is decent when he can be bothered, Welbeck & Jones have potential and Young is one of many weak signings Ferguson has made since the Glazer family started sucking the club dry.

3.The negativity is actually a sense of realism which actual England fans appear to lack. I have no obligation to support anyone who I do not choose to. I have far more respect for teams like Germany who consistently perform well at tournaments instead of perennial failures like England.

Last edited:
What the HELL is going on?? Russia out?? Greece through? What the f__k just happened?

And come to think of it Germany could be out too. If Portugal wins and Denmark wins it all comes down to the goal difference, all 3 would have 6 points. I know it's not really likely cause all we need is a draw against Denmark but as we know from experience, anything can happen in the big tournaments.

Last edited:
What the HELL is going on?? Russia out?? Greece through? What the f__k just happened?

And come to think of it Germany could be out too. If Portugal wins and Denmark wins it all comes down to the goal difference, all 3 would have 6 points. I know it's not really likely cause all we need is a draw against Denmark but as we know from experience, anything can happen in the big tournaments.

I'd never write Germany off until they're actually out, you guys have a a strong mentality and even your weaker squads are no pushovers.

Remember several years back when England put five past you in a World Cup qualifier?

To read the press here it was like England only had to show up and they'd get the trophy by default but reality struck and it was Germany who made the final whilst England sank without trace. Again.

It's that sort of BS expectations built up by our media and the more deluded fans that turned me off supporting them as much as anything else although it does tend to drain the enthusiasm when every single new management team does the same old thing.....try and play an outdated style of football and persist with the same old faces when they're long past it.

I don't disagree with thecorsair about England and the unrealistic expectations - although arguing that they are perennial failures when they 'only' get to the quarter finals of most tournaments they qualify for is perhaps itself symptomatic of those unrealistic expectations. Maybe that shouldn't be regarded as failure but actually reasonable success?

Last edited:
Just finished both matches on dvr.

I'm disappointed that the Czechs got through. Really wanted Poland here but they got what they deserved. They simply didn't show up in the second half. :dunno

Onto the other match....

Russia - WTF are you doing? :mad: All you needed was a draw against the offensively challanged and boring Greeks.

Just a shocking early dismissal. I had Russia already penciled into the quarterfinals. Damn, I really liked them too.

Jeebus man! :gah: :mad:

it all comes down to the goal difference

Goal differential is used in the World Cup. The Euros is run by UEFA which means they take "head to head results" to determine who goes through to the quarterfinals.

For example, Russia would have advanced today in goal differential if this was the World Cup because they and Greece had 4 points. But since Russia lost the head to head game against Greece, Russia is out.

I believe I'm correct here. If not, someone please let me know.

I don't disagree with thecorsair about England and the unrealistic expectations - although arguing that they are perennial failures when they 'only' get to the quarter finals of most tournaments they qualify for is perhaps itself symptomatic of those unrealistic expectations. Maybe that shouldn't be regarded as failure but actually reasonable success?

A fair point....I think it's the manner of the defeats that makes being an England fan so demoralising.

The number of penalty shoot out defeats or games they've thrown away from strong positions can't all be blamed on bad luck or poor referee's decisions although a lot of fans and pundits tend to do so.

I was pleased to read this morning that Roy Hodgson has spoke out against the media hype that's now being created for Danny Welbeck as it seems he's being built up as the next "saviour" for the press to destroy as soon as he has a bad game.

He's got a great future with United and England and doesn't need that BS hanging over him.

Last edited:
Germany has to win! It's been way too long since they've won a major tournament.

Micaela-Schaefer-Paints-Her-Fun-Parts-for-German-Soccer-Pride-2.jpg

Portugal were great tonight. Germany are an unstoppable machine that will go all the way to the final, they just need to break their curse of losing in a major final.

I feel so sorry for Sneijder,what a great player.He is trying so damn hard but his teammates doesn't follow.

It's the same with Ibrahimovic and Sweden.Yeah Ibra is an idiot so i don't care about him.

Portugal were great tonight. Germany are an unstoppable machine that will go all the way to the final, they just need to break their curse of losing in a major final.

I agree. Germans look very strong in all departments. Holland poor for the quality they have. Great players but a poor team.

Who ended up beating Germany in the last world cup?

I feel so sorry for Sneijder,what a great player.He is trying so damn hard but his teammates doesn't follow.

It's the same with Ibrahimovic and Sweden.Yeah Ibra is an idiot so i don't care about him.

I feel sorry for great players who never get to play in big tournaments internationally because the rest of their countrymen aren't so good and they just can't qualify as a result.

Damn, Germany moves on as usual. It was a little shaky for them. Remember, Portugal was leading Holland and Germany was tied with Denmark in the 80th minute. If the Danes had somehow scored and won, the Germans would be out.

As for Holland...Yikes! A shocking dismissal by going 0-3. What a flop for the 2010 World Cup finalists.
It was nice to see Ronaldo score two goals.

Germany got 9 points imo with their engines power capacity at 80%. I hope they dont get unleashed on us on Friday and i also hope referees dont give us bad calls once, just for a change.
I feel sorry for Netherlands as i believed they will reach the final but Portugal deserved the 2nd place as they played as a team and not as Ronaldo and his amazing friends. Dont get me wrong, Ronaldo is a marvellous player but no player can get the match alone.

Back