Euro 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spain are all over Ireland but at one nil there still in it. The one weakness Spain have is set pieces which is one of Ireland's strong points but there got to get in there half of the pitch 1st which isn't easy.
A-Dev just remember Chelsea Vs Bayen Munich - Barcelona

Oh well. Thanks RagingBull! Not to be in the end but it was strangely uplifting to see the fans still singing, most of them in good form despite a bit of a hammering on the pitch. I'm sure the players will appreciate that.

An awkward match against Italy next. Nothing in it for us but Italy have a lot resting on it. Since our manager and assistant manager are Italian I don't think we'll want to ruin Italy's chances of getting out of the group. Italy must win if I'm not mistaken.

If Ireland can pull off a draw against Italy next week, The Irish will have bounced them again :rock

Just watched both games on dvr. Here are my impressions.

Italy's old man, Andrea Pirlo's goal off a free kick was simply world class. Typical Italy though. Score an early goal and hang on in the second half. Croatia was all over them in the last 45 minutes. Italy's style of play has bored me to death for years. I was hoping they'd lose this game.

And in the second game....YIKES! Spain put a demolition job on Ireland. They were so outclassed that I felt sorry for Ireland. The patience shown by Silva on the second goal was stunning.

Best day of the tournament to date later today....

Ukraine vs. France - I hope Ukraine's Andriy Shevchenko can keep the magic rolling.

England vs. Sweden - We'll see if this is do or die for the UK against a desperate Sweden team.

England haven't beaten Sweden in years, I can't remember how many it's been but it's a lot. There one of our many bogie teams. Not confident especially with Hodgsons style of play

England haven't beaten Sweden in years, I can't remember how many it's been but it's a lot. There one of our many bogie teams. Not confident especially with Hodgsons style of play

We will win :yess:

By the way i'm the biggest sports jinx you could ever meet! So save your time and don't bother watching because we will lose now. :lecture :lol

England 3-2 Sweden

The media and more deluded element of the fans will now be in full hysteria mode but the truth is that they were lucky to beat an average side.

I was pleased that Welbeck scored as he's worked very hard with minimal support but the defence got cut apart very easily on several occasions and that weakness will get fully exploited as soon as they play someone good.

Whilst I was a big supporter of the way they went about the French game, I thought tonight they were poor.

The only positives to come out of the game for me was Theo Walcott and I guess it showed a bit of heart and character to fight back from 2-1 down to win 3-2.

I really hope Rooney can inspire us. Gosh we need him on full form if we are to stand any sort of chance.

Whilst I was a big supporter of the way they went about the French game, I thought tonight they were poor.

The only positives to come out of the game for me was Theo Walcott and I guess it showed a bit of heart and character to fight back from 2-1 down to win 3-2.

I really hope Rooney can inspire us. Gosh we need him on full form if we are to stand any sort of chance.

Pretty stupid that theo and ox started on the bench. Milliner is a paste licker and did nothing..Parker was so so for a spud...should have been subbed at 60th min.

I was hoping Ukraine would have a good performance. But man, the field was tilted all day long for the French side.

I believe the only way for Ukraine to advance is if they beat England. I don't think a draw will help. I may be wrong on that.

I was hoping Ukraine would have a good performance. But man, the field was tilted all day long for the French side.

I believe the only way for Ukraine to advance is if they beat England. I don't think a draw will help. I may be wrong on that.

They can advance with a draw if France loses to Sweden. And score enough goals.

But we're talking a 4 nil win...maybe more.

Just finished the second match. I'll admit I didn't think England had it in them for a comeback victory. Really thought this was yet another big game tournament crushing defeat for them.

With 4 points now they have an excellent chance for the quarterfinals.

Tomorrow's games are....

Russian vs. Greece

Czech Republic vs. Poland

Pretty stupid that theo and ox started on the bench. Milliner is a paste licker and did nothing..Parker was so so for a spud...should have been subbed at 60th min.

I'm not an Arsenal fan by any means but Walcott certainly made his mark when he came on and both him and Oxlade-Chamberlain should start against the Ukraine as they have much more zip about them than plodders like Parker and Milner.

Now that Shrek is available again it should be him and Welbeck in the front two as aside from his goal Carroll did nothing to warrant his place.....he's about as effective as Heskey ever was.

Back