EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure retailers are cheaper than ss but all the thing is the excluisives...dont
you agree???

I guess it doesn't matter for Sideshow,because if you don't buy it from them you still buy from some retailers,Sideshow still making money.
As for the Exclusives if the don't sell them right away,retailers can buy them later on.

Win win for Sideshow.:naughty

i hope santa will do something about this!!!!:lol:lol:lol
merry christmas guys!!!

I guess it doesn't matter for Sideshow,because if you don't buy it from them you still buy from some retailers,Sideshow still making money.
As for the Exclusives if the don't sell them right away,retailers can buy them later on.

Win win for Sideshow.:naughty

SS earns more money selling statues itself than selling through retailers since they have to leave retailers a part of the benefit, price of statue in SS $100, price for retailers maybe $70 with 30% left for the retailer benefit.

The first bill from FedEx has arrived. I paid $69.99 for a figure + shipping. You wanna know what FedEx charges me in vat/duty/tax/fees:Hold on .............$57 :banghead:banghead.

Here's something I never thought I would say: I can get this stuff cheaper on eBay! What has the world come to when that's possibel. And I be happy to put money in these sellers pockets instead of Sideshows.

Would I be banned if I said that Sideshow are the biggeste idiots, morons, jerks for making this decision? If so feel free to ban me.

Would I be banned if I said that Sideshow are the biggeste idiots, morons, jerks for making this decision? If so feel free to ban me.

It takes a hard man to say the hard truth. I canceled everything i had on order with sideshow.

Thats like spitting on customers.

Come on SS. Closing the EU Warehouse from a business perspective is probably okay. But at least make sure that the shipper does not charge rates that may seem out of this world.

It takes a hard man to say the hard truth. I canceled everything i had on order with sideshow.

Thats like spitting on customers.

I emailed Sideshow about the closure and posted on this thread hoping for a response but neither Dusty or the rest of SS had the decency or manners to reply to either post or email. Therefore, last week I cancelled my Rocketeer, Mystique and Hulkbuster Exclusives.

The first bill from FedEx has arrived. I paid $69.99 for a figure + shipping. You wanna know what FedEx charges me in vat/duty/tax/fees:Hold on .............$57 :banghead:banghead.

Here's something I never thought I would say: I can get this stuff cheaper on eBay! What has the world come to when that's possibel. And I be happy to put money in these sellers pockets instead of Sideshows.

Seems it's FedEx that is the villain here.

It would be helpful if people could name the country the item is being shipped to so everyone can get an idea of what the differences are.

yeah,you are right.the problem is fedex not the fees..let me explain...
here in greece we are charged vat=19% and about 5% additional fees...the big problem is that for the custom's assistant fedex wants 80 euros...:banghead:banghead:banghead

It would be helpful if people could name the country the item is being shipped to so everyone can get an idea of what the differences are.

Hi Dave,

thats to easy. Everyone who works more thant 5 minutes in shipping business knows how FedEx works and that they take their fees. Sideshow should thing about FedEx as their cheap chinese painters and workers.

FedEx are very relieable, fast and care about customers. Which costs money. Treating us like Sideshow does will cost money, customers and jobs. :monkey1

I am sick and tired about this behaviour against me. :sick

Dom

No - because if Sideshow had continued with the EU warehouse I would have paid 15% of the value (= $10.5). So since Sideshow have made the change to use FedEx they are the villain. FedEx just follows local laws, rules and guidelines.

Who's the villain?

You clearly have no idea how things work here in EU. Let me repeat for about the 500th time. Had Sideshow continued with the EU warehouse ALL us euros would have been under uk rules. And that's 15% But SIDESHOW choose to close the eu warehouse and thereby (without considering the consequenses) forcing eu buyers to be tax'ed by local/national rules. And in my case that's 25% (and in some cases there's 12% more and shipping costs are also tax'ed). Plus there's the fee - in my case FedEx charges $25.

So SIDESHOW is the villain

The interesting thing is that I would probably report Sideshow to the danish tax authorities. If a compagny that's operates outside Denmark sells more than $5.000 to customers in Denmark they MUST charge the danish vat before sending the item and then send that vat to the danish taxauthories. That's why when I buy at Amazon.uk they remove the uk vat but add the danish vat. So if things should go by the book the eu warehouse should have done like Amazon when shipping to Denmark. The fine for this is pretty steep.

Last edited:
Ouch, just seen this thread!

Now I think I'll have to cancel all my Sideshow orders! That's a shame. Even if the price remains correct, I don't picture myself sending a check every time I get someting from Sideshow. I'll wait the next shipment, see how it fares, and if I have to pay anything, I'll cancel everything! :( :( :( :(

Let's face it, Sideshow's only use was to be able to include everything in the payment at the same time. I didn't mind waiting longer!
Guess now I'll have to buy it from European retailers...

If at least they considered shipping through USPS priority mail, that would be fine as they are rarely flagged by customs, but Fedex, no ????ing way!

What if Sideshow decides to keep the EU warehouse open, but how can they recoup the high expenses to stay in business in EU? Do you have any suggestion? What would you do if you are the owner of Sideshow?

Sideshow is taking measure in order to stay in business. Would you rather them go out of business?

Several years ago, I couldn't order a statue from EU because they wouldn't ship it to the US. So, I had to ask a local friend in EU to order it for me. The statue costs $150 and shipping was another $150 to the US. After that journey, I decided not to go that path again. I don't blame the company at all.

It is what it is...either order it or forget it. I'm sure Sideshow is doing their best to ship worldwide from the US, but there are fees that are out of their control. Sideshow is not making money out of those additional fees.

As a company, Sideshow provides one of the best customer support out there. They are no such villain in my opinion.

You clearly have no idea how things work here in EU. Let me repeat for about the 500th time. Had Sideshow continued with the EU warehouse ALL us euros would have been under uk rules. And that's 15% But SIDESHOW choose to close the eu warehouse and thereby (without considering the consequenses) forcing eu buyers to be tax'ed by local/national rules. And in my case that's 25% (and in some cases there's 12% more and shipping costs are also tax'ed). Plus there's the fee - in my case FedEx charges $25.

So SIDESHOW is the villain

The interesting thing is that I would probably report Sideshow to the danish tax authorities. If a compagny that's operates outside Denmark sells more than $5.000 to customers in Denmark they MUST charge the danish vat before sending the item and then send that vat to the danish taxauthories. That's why when I buy at Amazon.uk they remove the uk vat but add the danish vat. So if things should go by the book the eu warehouse should have done like Amazon when shipping to Denmark. The fine for this is pretty steep.

minimay,the problem is that we pay additional 250 dollars for a statue that costs 325 dollars.....

ecekat,

I know about the heavy additional fees and it sucks big time. I completely understand the frustration and disappointment.

Personally, I would say "oh well, no more future purchase from me". I think Stampe is going a little too far by reporting Sideshow to the Danish tax authorities.

For those who are not aware, there are a lot of company going out of business and shutting down within the US. I see a lot of consolidation and closing of stores over here. It's a bad time for many companies. I see so many For Lease sign in commercial and business building with empty lot in the heart of Silicon Valley.

FYI...a warehouse lease about the size of the Sideshow building in Southern CA is easily over $1,000,000 a year in Northern CA :)

Last edited:
yeah,reporting ss in tax authorities is a fail imo.if it's something due to the crisis ,then it's ok...the problem is that you cannot stop collecting from one day to another..right???it's sabretooth damned!!!how can i not own the exclusive?????:banghead:banghead:banghead

merry christmas minimay!!!:D:D:D

Back