EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fedex sent my brother his customs invoice and surprisingly he only has to pay VAT (11.45 €) and Administrative fees (15.66 €). Total is finally 27.11 €, not bad if you ask me.

Our Fed Ex rep explains that the brokerage fee= handling of customs paperwork and admin getting it through the Customs Office. This is covered within your freight.

The Advancement service fee = a charge for them fronting EU customer's customs fees to the EU Taxation offices, which requires them to collect it from you. I believe this fee covers their paperwork and efforts to do this specific service. This is payable to the carrier.

Therefore there is no double fee. I believe this page may answer many of the questions that posters have had. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=95

Thanks for the fast reply.

Fedex sent my brother his customs invoice and surprisingly he only has to pay VAT (11.45 €) and Administrative fees (15.66 €). Total is finally 27.11 €, not bad if you ask me.

for which item??also,did your brother cleared customs himself???

It was for Morrigan 1:4 statue and no, he didn´t do it himself. After checking it again I think Fedex made a mistake because they said "roughly 65€ total" before it cleared customs and now 27.11€ total. Morrigan value incluiding shipping was $243.87 (170 €), VAT is 16% here in Spain and there is no way 11.45€ are the 16% of 170€.

How will the new exchange procedure in case of damaged goods work? Is it still required to destroy items or will Fedex arrange a swap at your doorstep?

How will the new exchange procedure in case of damaged goods work? Is it still required to destroy items or will Fedex arrange a swap at your doorstep?

Follow the International Returns procedure in our help desk - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=112 - and the customer service reps will let you know. Other international customers (from Australia, etc) can fill you in better than I can, but I assume they still destroy the product and are simply shipped a replacement, as it is less hassle for you than attempting to ship back the damaged piece from overseas :duff

Yes, I've always been asked to destroy the item and provide pictures as proof of destruction

OK, here is Fedex detailed invoice for Morrigan.

Package description:
1 Labeled box. Resin sculpture.

Declared value
163.62€

Calculated fees:

Description - Value

300 Customs fees: 0.00€
303 Customs VAT 7%: 11.45€
314 Administrative fees: 13.50€
2.5% over 11.45
(13.50 minimum)

Total (tax-free): 11.45€
Administrative fees: 13.50€
Invoice VAT 16% over 314: 2.16€

Invoice total: 27.11 €

VAT in Spain is 16% but not for all items, the VAT for books and restaurants (food) is lower. It seems the VAt for toys is also lower, just 7%

Alice don´t tell Outer_Rim the VAT value in Spain, He is spanish, as me. ;). Edit: (She deleted the post)

OK, here is Fedex detailed invoice for Morrigan.

Package description:
1 Labeled box. Resin sculpture.

Declared value
163.62€

Calculated fees:

Description - Value

300 Customs fees: 0.00€
303 Customs VAT 7%: 11.45€
314 Administrative fees: 13.50€
2.5% over 11.45
(13.50 minimum)

Total (tax-free): 11.45€
Administrative fees: 13.50€
Invoice VAT 16% over 314: 2.16€

Invoice total: 27.11

VAT in Spain is 16% but not for all items, the VAT for books and restaurants (food) is lower. It seems the VAt for toys is also lower, just 7%

Alice don´t tell Outer_Rim the VAT value in Spain, He is spanish, as me. ;). Edit: (She deleted the post)

ok, np.

It seems you're right about the 7% for toys. Lucky spaniards!! I can't figure out FedEx's figures, but if I apply the formula provided by SSC, and replace the 16% VAT by 7%, and if the 163.62 is for item & shipping - and if I didn't make any mistakes - the result is more or less the same.

Total Duty & Taxes= Item price + Freight (incl. insurance) x Duty Rate (%)
Total VAT= Item price + Freight + Total Duty & Taxes x VAT(%)
Final Import Costs= Total VAT + Total Duty & Taxes + FedEx Advancement fee (Average US$5-US$20)

VAT 7%
Total Duty & Taxes= 163.62 x 0.065 = 10.6353
Total VAT= 163.62 + 10.6353 x 0.07 (=7%) = 12.1878
Final Import Costs= 12.1878 + 10.6353 + 4,5646 (Average US$5-US$20) = 27.3877 € (163.62 € + 27.38 € = 191 €)

Can one of you please tell me the shipping cost to Spain?

Last edited:
I really want to pull the trigger on the Bowen Grey Hulk and use up my reward points but I'm worried about shipping etc to UK does it give any indications when you go through the ordering process about final costs?

Alice, shipping for Morrigan was $60.13.
Thanks!

I really want to pull the trigger on the Bowen Grey Hulk and use up my reward points but I'm worried about shipping etc to UK does it give any indications when you go through the ordering process about final costs?

Yes that is still an issue also. Buying with reward points, getting a discount with the giftcard for instance, ... Will the tax be raised on the original (full) amount, or the discounted amount?
This new situation is already annoying enough, so I really don't feel much for paying full tax, duty and what have ya on items wich I have bought with reward points. These items are suppose to be for free, a reward so to speak for being a loyal customer with Sideshow (haha!). It's already hard enough as it is, having to pay $40 for shipping on a 'free' item!

Oh and, reward points are not free. It's more of a postponed investment imo. With every purchase you give SSC a bit more than the actual price. All that extra money is converted into 'reward points', which you can reinvest in Sideshow... Smart move from them. And we thought we would be rewarded.

Last edited:
It stinks so bad that i have cancelled my 2 T600 1.1 heads as i refuse to be RIPPED off.

2000 dollors for 2 T-600's NO THANKS.

If the EURO was still open i would of bought these.

Big Fail sideshow.

mmm how epic???? im thinking 2,000.00 USD

=

1,240.83 GBP.

i can just sbout deal with this,if its the price.

it will become a Grail piece very quickly :naughty

and i think the price will rocket.

It stinks so bad that i have cancelled my 2 T600 1.1 heads as i refuse to be RIPPED off.

2000 dollors for 2 T-600's NO THANKS.

If the EURO was still open i would of bought these.

Big Fail sideshow.

What changed your mind so suddenly?

It cost less with european retailer, the price in gbp is the price he could buy this in €
Like T700 bust you can find it for 390-420€ when sideshow send it to France for 480€ (with €/$ = 1.4, 50$ shipping, 10€ fedex fees and VAT @ 19.6%).

That's why I suggest Sideshow to increase reward point for international as 25$ gift card have no interest while more reward point is better.

Back