EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think some of you keep missing what has been stated several times already... most of these orders were made before the new rates went into effect and may still be shipping from the EU warehouse which won't be completely phased out until January. The items mentioned so far have all been in stock items (some quite old) that may well have been sitting in the EU warehouse ready to go.

No they sent me blade/dracula dio from US with fedex new shipping.
They sent it after the 9/10th december, so this is the real shipping cost and this cost me more than shipping from EU warehouse.
And I will have more VAT and I don't know at this time what will be fedex fees.
Finally I know one thing: It cost more.
But I will make update and when fedex will send me invoice I will post the difference between from UK and from US

kinda confused ..i got this email from sideshow

Dear Collector,

Thank you for your recent order T****** with Sideshow Collectibles!

This email is to inform you that your order will be shipping directly to you via FedEx, from our US warehouse. We have negotiated special shipping rates with FedEx which have allowed us to MATCH and in some instances REDUCE the shipping rates you would have received from our EU warehouse!

The current ship cost for this item shipping from our US warehouse is $7.13

Using FedEx to ship your order will allows us to provide you with the following benefits:

*Faster Delivery of your item

*More accurate Tracking information

*Better Parcel Insurance

*Expedited exchange services (if required)

This item is the mk2 full size iron man bust...........the price kinda contradicts others freaks examples, ether that or sideshow is lying to me :confused::confused:

i think eu warehouse closing is a good reason to explain why silver surfer hasn'y sold out yet...right???

Well pay more just for a print directly with sideshow when you can find it for less with local retailer or with US seller :D

If Sideshow continues to make the exclusives art prints and have interchangeable parts available for the regular I wouldn't mind the closing of EU warehouse at all. Please continue with this practice Sideshow!!!

Hm, did you specifically tell them that they are plastic/polystone items, originating from China? Most of the EU does not charge duty on those types of items. In most cases, duty applies for metal replicas, original works of art, etc. (but of course, some countries may have varying customs laws, unfortunately :()

I don't see what the content of tha package has to do with customs.
All goods that are allowed are taxed when they are over a certain value, if it's plastic, they'll tax you, if it's polystone they'll tax you ...

And what I'm most concerned about is the double FedEx fee.
SS charges the brokerage fee en on arrival FedEx charges again an administrative fee.

What's that all about ?

I don't see what the content of tha package has to do with customs.
All goods that are allowed are taxed when they are over a certain value, if it's plastic, they'll tax you, if it's polystone they'll tax you ...

And what I'm most concerned about is the double FedEx fee.
SS charges the brokerage fee en on arrival FedEx charges again an administrative fee.

What's that all about ?

Our Fed Ex rep explains that the brokerage fee= handling of customs paperwork and admin getting it through the Customs Office. This is covered within your freight.

The Advancement service fee = a charge for them fronting EU customer's customs fees to the EU Taxation offices, which requires them to collect it from you. I believe this fee covers their paperwork and efforts to do this specific service. This is payable to the carrier.

Therefore there is no double fee. I believe this page may answer many of the questions that posters have had. https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=95

We urge everyone to contact us for a ship quote and then use the calculations from the information page above to estimate their customs fee charges prior to canceling.

Last edited:
Just received 2 shipping quote for France:

For a 12" Hot toys 44$53 Now with Fedex
(Before with UK it was 38-39$)

For a Gandalf/Balrog diorama 60$77 Now with fedex
(Before it was under 55$ with UK)

Far from what sideshow told us.

I agree this are good for Fedex but sorry it cost more than before and we have more VAT (17.5 % to 19.6%) and fedex fees (not 10$ but 10€ which are 15$) and hope nothing more.
25 gift card is useless and it will be better if sideshow increase reward point when we buy something.
Like 1$ spent give you 1,5 reward point (maybe 2).
For a PF which cost 300$ we can have 450reward/22.5$ discount.
It's better than 15$ discount and we can use this with preorders.

I think sideshow need to think about this, because we have no interest to buy non-exclusive from sideshow (example for a T700 bust with sideshow it will cost 480€ and with local retailer 390/420€ and before sideshow price with UK warehouse cas the same as retailer, with 2 reward point earned for 1$ spent I have 50$ discount which reduce sideshow real price to 440€).
:rolleyes:

At this Time I canceled few orders because it cost more and think to cancel more.

Last edited:
Sideshow, what have you done? I don't want to speak for others, but, as a loyal customer since 2004 - I bought virtually everything from you directly - I feel left out in the cold.

Last edited:
maybe ss and fedex have agrred that the shipping for all the european countries should be 44-55 dollars..anyway,44.53 dollars are very good price for overseas shipping...

Yesterday received first package with fedex, opened by customs and damaged by customs.
And I think they don"t understand package have 50% off as I see that custom value on fedex print is the real item price.
So now I need exchange and to explain fedex that real price is invoice total not product price.
:banghead

Yesterday received first package with fedex, opened by customs and damaged by customs.
And I think they don"t understand package have 50% off as I see that custom value on fedex print is the real item price.
So now I need exchange and to explain fedex that real price is invoice total not product price.

damaged????????why did they open the package???

What a joke and now you have the hassle of getting it swapped out and getting the price sorted out, takes the fun out of collecting eh? :rolleyes: :mad:

damaged????????why did they open the package???

Just to see nothing wrong they open all, brown box, printed box (and they don't do this with caution) and look inside but they don't properly put parts back (perhaps they fear sideshow hide something in package).

What I know is with UK warehouse this never happened.

I saw legolas PF coming, will cancel this, better price with local retailer, exclusive is not a must have and no problem with customs or with fedex.
Hope for others they will not do this all the time :monkey1

Back