EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm, did you specifically tell them that they are plastic/polystone items, originating from China? Most of the EU does not charge duty on those types of items. In most cases, duty applies for metal replicas, original works of art, etc. (but of course, some countries may have varying customs laws, unfortunately :()

as for your other question, I will forward to our shipping manager.

With all due respect Dusty, EU customers always have been charged import duty on any statue brought into the zone, regardless of construction material or place of origin.

I emailed Sideshow about these changes and the import duty issue last week and no-one had the decency to reply to me. Nice to see that you're ignoring your customers' complaints.

As of tonight I'm out of the SS game. I hope someone deserving gets the benefits of my Rocketeer, Mystique and Hulk Buster Exclusives :(

How can a Blackbeard PF which weights 3 times more and the box is at least 4 times the size of a 12" figure can be only $7.79 shipped across the Ocean on a plane ?

If you paid attention to anything besides that which you find useful for condemning Sideshow with, you'd have noticed that Dusty said that they negotiated rates with FedEx for EU shipments to reduce the total shipping costs for them.

I know our items never came from EU Warehouse, but SS this Aussie love you!
Ken came to $65 shipping, where the Vega & Ryu was around 80-90 bucks.
Just got a quote for Styracasaurus $56, very nice considering the rest of the Dinos in the line have been close to $100.

I know our items never came from EU Warehouse, but SS this Aussie love you!
Ken came to $65 shipping, where the Vega & Ryu was around 80-90 bucks.
Just got a quote for Styracasaurus $56, very nice considering the rest of the Dinos in the line have been close to $100.

Really? OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Great news! I just bought a 12" figure, shipping was $40 instead of $55. Looks like I might be buying from SS more often! :rock

Just a note: This item was shipped well before the new shipping rates were put into effect (December 9th/10th was the official launch of new international shipping rates).

Also, there was no added duty fees added onto this... the FedEx fee is their 'advancement fee', which means they pay the VAT on your item as soon as it arrives and they handle all the customs paperwork, etc.

As far as I know, the Store Exclusives will be imported internationally, to all of our current international distributors (who, in turn, sell to the local retail shops). I would try calling your local Sideshow retailer and inquiring directly with them to see if they have chosen to participate in this program. Or, if you don't know your local Sideshow retailer, you can try calling your nearest distributor...I'm not sure which would be nearest to Belgium, but you can try the French ones, perhaps: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4491#FR

Thanks for the info Dusty, I appreciate it. Like I said in my post, I wasn't sure if my order would fall under the new regulations. So, you think this would be cheaper for me when the new regulations are in effect?

I still have a few questions about the FedEx invoice I got though. The FedEx fee indeed is their 'advancement fee' like you paraphrase correctly. What I want to know now is whether that FedEx 'advancement fee' is the same as the 'brokerage fee' which is mentioned in the Sideshow Collectibles International and EU Shipping - Questions Answered.
According to one of the statements in the Q&A, the FedEx brokerage fee is already included in the shipping price. I'm wondering if FedEx is charging us two times for the same service, but under different names.

Hm, did you specifically tell them that they are plastic/polystone items, originating from China? Most of the EU does not charge duty on those types of items. In most cases, duty applies for metal replicas, original works of art, etc. (but of course, some countries may have varying customs laws, unfortunately :()

as for your other question, I will forward to our shipping manager

This is also very unclear on the invoice I got from FedEx. On the original (English) air waybill the Creature statue is described as "Statuettes & other ornamental articles of plast". On the Dutch customs form, the item is described as "Fancy bijouterieën van onedel metaal", which translates as "fancy jewelery made from non precious metal". Which is something completely different of course. I wonder if FedEx is taking liberties on our expense. Can you please ask your shipping manager about this? If it is true what you say that most of the EU does not charge duty on statues, FedEx is clearly bypassing this by redefining what's actually in the boxes!!!

Last edited:
Right ive ordered 2 T-600 life size busts

Date Placed: 2009-05-15 07:45:59
Subtotal: $1499.98
Tax (Est.): $0.00
Ship (Est.): $28.78
Grand Total: $1528.76

has anyone got any idea what the total cost of this will be?

Im in the UK.

If the cost is silly its going to get cancelled.

Not happy.

Ok sideshow announced a great deal and we have something :monkey1
Package sent 12-14-2009
Shipping is higher than bfore with UK warehouse and at this time I don't know how much fedex will ask me for fees but I know VAT is higher (17.5% in UK 19.6% in France).

90101 PC 1 1 0 $349.99 $175.00
Blade vs Dracula Exclusive
------------
Sub Total: $175.00
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $50.91
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $225.91

Package weight 20lb / 9kg.
So where is the great deal??????
Where is the new shipping cost?

Without VAT, fedex fees and the ohers fees it cost more and package was sent after the 9/10th december.

What will be the cost for 30lb/40lb item..... :monkey4

Time to cancel a lot of things for me, sideshow is a liar
And don't told me this is because you sent me package before new fedex shipping policy because it's not.
:monkey1:monkey4

Right ive ordered 2 T-600 life size busts

Date Placed: 2009-05-15 07:45:59
Subtotal: $1499.98
Tax (Est.): $0.00
Ship (Est.): $28.78
Grand Total: $1528.76

has anyone got any idea what the total cost of this will be?

Im in the UK.

If the cost is silly its going to get cancelled.

Not happy.

the tax will be epic :(

Ok sideshow announced a great deal and we have something :monkey1
Package sent 12-14-2009
Shipping is higher than bfore with UK warehouse and at this time I don't know how much fedex will ask me for fees but I know VAT is higher (17.5% in UK 19.6% in France).

90101 PC 1 1 0 $349.99 $175.00
Blade vs Dracula Exclusive
------------
Sub Total: $175.00
Freight: $50.91
------------
Invoice Total: $225.91

Package weight 20lb / 9kg.
So where is the great deal??????
Where is the new shipping cost?

Without VAT, fedex fees and the ohers fees it cost more and package was sent after the 9/10th december.

What will be the cost for 30lb/40lb item..... :monkey4

Time to cancel a lot of things for me, sideshow is a liar
And don't told me this is because you sent me package before new fedex shipping policy because it's not.
:monkey1:monkey4

That figures. Based on your experience, I belive my SSE Creature dio was sent out according those new guide lines already, even if it was sent prior (NOV 18) to the official launch.

mmm how epic???? im thinking 2,000.00 USD

=

1,240.83 GBP.

i can just sbout deal with this,if its the price.

it will become a Grail piece very quickly :naughty

and i think the price will rocket.

Is there any link or site that we can use to calculate our own shipping costs, including Fedex charges, freight and customs?
I mean SSC should provide us with some way of us to calculate our costs otherwise I too will be canceling a lot of orders.
I don't want to receive a invoice thats a lot more than I'm willing to pay and then have to scramble at he last minute to cancel my order.

Is there any link or site that we can use to calculate our own shipping costs, including Fedex charges, freight and customs?
I mean SSC should provide us with some way of us to calculate our costs otherwise I too will be canceling a lot of orders.
I don't want to receive a invoice thats a lot more than I'm willing to pay and then have to scramble at he last minute to cancel my order.

That would be great if there was.

OK, Sideshow sent my brother his invoice for Morrigan statue. He has also received an email from Fedex telling him he will have to pay roughly 65 € ($93.25) to the Fedex driver if he really wants to get the package. Notice they say roughly 65 €, which means it may be a lot more.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Item # Description U/M Ordrd Shpd Back Price Ext
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Comments: 12/14/09 Sent to shipping. LG

35% Discount on Item - B&W Promo Code BWF012009
5411 PC 1 1 0 $274.99 $178.74
Morrigan Statue
------------
Sub Total: $178.74
Freight: $65.13