EU Wharehouse closing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand, what happened to these smaller shipping costs to offset the extra import, duties etc etc??? :confused:

Also sideshow only gave one shipping example.
We need examples from many of there different formats, especially 12 inch figures.
I have a lot of 12 inch figure ordered with them and If I'm not clear on what I'm paying then its Alterego all the way for me. I usually get to duck custom charges with them as well for some reason and their shipping costs are fairly reasonable, oh and they're cheaper!

The loser in this is going to be SSC....

I think some of you keep missing what has been stated several times already... most of these orders were made before the new rates went into effect and may still be shipping from the EU warehouse which won't be completely phased out until January. The items mentioned so far have all been in stock items (some quite old) that may well have been sitting in the EU warehouse ready to go.

My brother´s order was shipped on December 14th so there is no doubt the new Fedex shipping rates went into effect here.

Last night I cancelled preorders worth $3000. A good thing about cancelling is that you can tick "shipping costs" and "duty fees" as reasons for cancelling - I really enjoyed doing that and I hope others cancelling do the same. That's the only way we can show SS that we're unsatisfied with this new move.

But then again. All the items I cancelled were sold out (at SS) so that just means someone on the waitlist will get it.

And now I do my shopping at FP.

I forgot to say it was shipped to Spain.

Lo siento amigo a mí me va a tocar lo mismo con Legolas.

Sorry my friend. Bad news for me and my Legolas EX i have on order. Maybe time for cancellation.

I guess we'll know from SS next week, so much cancellations in one week. They must be really concerned about the bad move.

Also in Spain, I read on a spanish board, you have to write an exculpatory statement and send it back to customs stating the collectable is not dangerous for kids, because it´s marked in customs as toy.

LIE for LIFE

Last edited:
Also sideshow only gave one shipping example.
We need examples from many of there different formats, especially 12 inch figures.
I have a lot of 12 inch figure ordered with them and If I'm not clear on what I'm paying then its Alterego all the way for me. I usually get to duck custom charges with them as well for some reason and their shipping costs are fairly reasonable, oh and they're cheaper!

The loser in this is going to be SSC....

Again, PLEASE contact Sideshow directly for the quotes on YOUR specific items. THere are 3 ways that you can contact:

If you need an answer IMMEDIATELY (for a current in-stock order, etc), I would suggest a phone call: +1-805-214-2157 (or +1-805-214-2100 extension 2)

If these are pre-orders and it's a while before they ship, you can send a customer service request for for a shipping quote - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=134 (please note, this could take a few *business* days to go through... even a bit longer since holiday days off are about to begin)

Or you international collectors can request a call back if they do not want to spend money on a phone call - https://www.sideshowtoy.com/article.php?id=intlcallback

I think some of you keep missing what has been stated several times already... most of these orders were made before the new rates went into effect and may still be shipping from the EU warehouse which won't be completely phased out until January. The items mentioned so far have all been in stock items (some quite old) that may well have been sitting in the EU warehouse ready to go.

I don't see how the ordering time has any impact on this. And, if all these items came from the EU warehouse, why is the shipping cost higher then it used to be? Why is FedEx applying a higher tax rate then the usual 15%? Why are they shipped by FedEx, in stead of Parcelforce/GLS, like they used to?
lonnie, I hate to be a drag, but I was informed by SSC on NOVEMBER 13th that my order (SSE Creature Dio) would be shipped from the US warehouse by FedEx, and further that "we have negotiated special shipping rates with FedEx which have allowed us to MATCH and in some instances REDUCE the shipping rates you would have received from our EU warehouse!"

So, I'm sure that my order was shipped by the new rates.

As a reminder:

PC 1 1 0 $179.99 $179.99
SSE Creature Diorama
------------
Sub Total: $179.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $40.47
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $220.46

And here's the FedEx invoice:

Tax 21%: $45.14 (31€)
FedEx handling fee: $14.56 (10 €)

GRAND TOTAL: 280.16

Not only have the shipping costs increased, but the tax rate has too. That's the way it seems today. If I'm wrong, all the better!

Add to that that Sideshow may have a bulk discount deal going with their local Fedex, to minimise shipping prices. Therefore your local Fedex office may have no idea that the quote you ask for incorporates that discount, even if you tell them it's coming from Sideshow. To be fair, to yourselves and Sideshow, you should request a quote from them. I think Dusty has addressed this with her last post, in a roundabout way, without saying it. Even so, quotes are not written in stone, but to openly say Sideshow are liars, I find, are libelous remarks.

dusty,i have requested a phone call but no one called me.....

When did you call? How much time have you given for a response? You're what I'd call a panic merchant. It is Christmas you know.

...lonnie, I hate to be a drag, but I was informed by SSC on NOVEMBER 13th that my order (SSE Creature Dio) would be shipped from the US warehouse by FedEx, and further that "we have negotiated special shipping rates with FedEx which have allowed us to MATCH and in some instances REDUCE the shipping rates you would have received from our EU warehouse!"

So, I'm sure that my order was shipped by the new rates...

Well, something seems wrong here... we have been told repeatedly that the new rates didn't go into effect until December 9th or 10th... your shipment may have still used the old rates it seems to me.

Well, something seems wrong here... we have been told repeatedly that the new rates didn't go into effect until December 9th or 10th... your shipment may have still used the old rates it seems to me.

Yes, there's something wrong. I'm hoping to wake up any minute now, realizing this all was just a bad dream, and everything is back to normal. The way it used to be. 15% Tax, and the old shipping rates - which I already found to be outrageous btw! :lol

Okay, guys, please understand that I have next-to-no knowledge, personally, about international shipping. I've never even imported a personal package for myself, and I am not a Sideshow customer service rep or 'head honcho'. All *I* can say, since I have no power (I'm just the messenger) is that I am taking down all your questions and posts and submitting them to those who are actually in charge. :duff

As for responses from customer service/callback, I do know there is usually a few days of turnaround time, which can be extended a bit during the holidays. Phone messages and emails are responded to in the order in which they are received.

One more time, if it is something URGENT that needs to be addressed right away (in-stock/etc) and you can't wait a few days, please call during business hours:

Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM, Pacific Time (which is the time noted on Sideshow's website on the top left...but please don't call around 9:30-10:30 tomorrow morning, as that is the Emperor PPO!!).

International phone numbers: +1-805-214-2157 (or +1-805-214-2100 extension 2)

Shipping Quote Request form (can take a few days, and won't be accurate unless your item is within about 3 weeks of processing): https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=134

Lo siento amigo a mí me va a tocar lo mismo con Legolas.

Sorry my friend. Bad news for me and my Legolas EX i have on order. Maybe time for cancellation.

I guess we'll know from SS next week, so much cancellations in one week. They must be really concerned about the bad move.

Also in Spain, I read on a spanish board, you have to write an exculpatory statement and send it back to customs stating the collectable is not dangerous for kids, because it´s marked in customs as toy.

LIE for LIFE

Gracias compañero.

Fedex only asked my brother for a signed authorization and a photocopy of his ID card to clear customs.

what extension 2 means????:banghead:banghead

"extension 2" means that once you reach the recorded message for the company (after dialing the main number: +1-805-214-2100) you hit the #2 on your phone and it connects you to customer service.

If you just use the first number I posted, it will work without having to hit the extra #2.

Back