Estate of michael jackson and sony music renew 30-year relationship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about for the Thriller scene in 13 Going on 30? And I guess you're right it is very rare that the music itself is used in stuff, rather its MJs persona that is more mocked and joked in countless movies.

I think we're going around and around. I like some of MJs music. I'm not dissing it. I'm just saying I don't think its worth the money Sony thinks it is.

If this forum is still here in 10 years we can revisit this and see if Sony is regretting the decision.

If someone wants to convince me otherwise, feel free to post a list of MJ songs you think are "marketable" for commercials or tv shows, etc. I'll come back and give you a Beatles list about 5x longer.

You do know that music makes money from other endeavors and not just tv shows and commercials right? Like movie soundtracks, theater plays, video-games, dance clubs, etc.
but just to entertain you...

"I Want You Back"
"ABC"
"I'll Be There"
"Never Can Say Goodbye"
"The Love You Save"
"Dancing Machine"
"Blame It on the Boogie"
"Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)"
"This Place Hotel" (a.k.a. "Heartbreak Hotel")
"Can You Feel It"
"State of Shock"
"Ben"
"Just a Little Bit of You"
"Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough"
"Rock with You"
"She's Out of My Life"
"One Day in Your Life"
"The Girl Is Mine" (with Paul McCartney)
"Billie Jean"
"Beat It"
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
"Human Nature"
"Thriller"
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
"Bad"
"The Way You Make Me Feel"
"Man in the Mirror"
"Dirty Diana"
"Another Part of Me"
"Smooth Criminal"
"Leave Me Alone"
"Black or White"
"Remember the Time"
"Jam"
"Heal the World"
"Will You Be There"
"Scream"
"You Are Not Alone"
"Earth Song"
"They Don't Care About Us"
"One More Chance"
"We are the World"

Jackson Fans and Avatard fans are the same. :lol

But not as bad as Twilight ones...
:gun

calling someone a twilight fan is worse than pretty much anything i think i've ever said to anyone in my life.

How about for the Thriller scene in 13 Going on 30? And I guess you're right it is very rare that the music itself is used in stuff, rather its MJs persona that is more mocked and joked in countless movies.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that one. Also personally approved, I think (not a stretch to think that MJ would have loved the concept). But in any case, I agree, the 'tainted' area is his persona far more than his actual music. Before he died, almost everyone would own up to liking at least a handful of his songs, but very few would say anything positive about the man himself.

You do know that music makes money from other endeavors and not just tv shows and commercials right? Like movie soundtracks, theater plays, video-games, dance clubs, etc.
but just to entertain you...

"I Want You Back"
"ABC"
"I'll Be There"
"Never Can Say Goodbye"
"The Love You Save"
"Dancing Machine"
"Blame It on the Boogie"
"Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground)"
"This Place Hotel" (a.k.a. "Heartbreak Hotel")
"Can You Feel It"
"State of Shock"
"Ben"
"Just a Little Bit of You"
"Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough"
"Rock with You"
"She's Out of My Life"
"One Day in Your Life"
"The Girl Is Mine" (with Paul McCartney)
"Billie Jean"
"Beat It"
"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
"Human Nature"
"Thriller"
"I Just Can't Stop Loving You"
"Bad"
"The Way You Make Me Feel"
"Man in the Mirror"
"Dirty Diana"
"Another Part of Me"
"Smooth Criminal"
"Leave Me Alone"
"Black or White"
"Remember the Time"
"Jam"
"Heal the World"
"Will You Be There"
"Scream"
"You Are Not Alone"
"Earth Song"
"They Don't Care About Us"
"One More Chance"
"We are the World"

Gotta admit thats a strong list!

Hits, hits, hits.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ydoldv8QuWI&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ydoldv8QuWI&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Don't forget Say,Say,Say though, that's a great song.

I love these MJ threads. They're almost as bad as some SW ones. :lol

:lol I find them awesome because like his music these stupid threads never popped up or even mattered because they didn't exist. Now all the sudden Milky, I mean Mikey is such and integral part in everyones lives that threads need to be made. And only after he died. Hahaha

:lol I find them awesome because like his music these stupid threads never popped up or even mattered because they didn't exist. Now all the sudden Milky, I mean Mikey is such and integral part in everyones lives that threads need to be made. And only after he died. Hahaha

Nothing for you to see here then. Thanks for stopping by! :wave

7.gif

Ok the majority of the people accross the world know he was a weirdo. LOL!

They "know." Well man I'd sure love to see the hard evidence these majorities of people have. Would have really shortened the trials that went on.

I know quite a few people, but not even one of them seems to "know."

I've always appreciated his music since I was very young. Being in my 30's now it's never changed. While I agree some people only climbed on the "poor Michael" bandwagon after his death, most people have always loved him.

My whole point is outside 7-10 songs, there is little else in the Jackson catalog worthy of such a high investment.

He had 13 number 1 hits....just the number 1 hits alone, that doesn't even cover the other songs that people still know & love.

And I would say A LOT of kids know the Beatles. I'm only 32 and I knew the Beatles growing up in the 80s. I would say kids know them now, especially with the Rock Band game.

And while people may not "dance" to a Beatles song, I wouldn't be so shallow as to say the only music black people know is what they dance too... I have a black friend that absolutely loves Johnny Cash, I've never spoken to him about the Beatles, but I guess I can ask.

Maybe I didn't clearly get my point across... Michael Jackson has crossover appeal that The Beatles or the Stones do not have. His music reached across rock, pop, soul....you name it. More black people recognize Michael Jackson's music than they do the Beatles or Stones. Having a black friend who's a Johnny Cash fan is pretty rare.

Most kids can't name any of the members of the Stones or Beatles or name any songs they made.

Everyone has their taste and opinions, but the reality is.....yes. Michael Jackson will transcend through generations to come as he already have done. Weirdo... yes. Did the man have crazy talent....hell yeah. My Grandma (RIP) listened to him, my parents listened to him me and my bros listened to him and I'm pretty sure when I have my kids, they will listen to him. He just had that voice that would just captivate you and some very catchy hooks. Hell, most of these "pop artist" today are either rip offs or heavy influence by his music. Not saying he was better than Elvis, The Stones, or The Beatles, but he was the best at what he did and 'till this date, no one could ever touch him.

They "know." Well man I'd sure love to see the hard evidence these majorities of people have. Would have really shortened the trials that went on.

I know quite a few people, but not even one of them seems to "know."

I've always appreciated his music since I was very young. Being in my 30's now it's never changed. While I agree some people only climbed on the "poor Michael" bandwagon after his death, most people have always loved him.

I can pretty much say with 100% certainty that that if you polled the entire world with "Was Mikey Jackson a weirdo or not" question that the majority of the answers would be yes. If you think differently then you are dreaming. :lol

Yes i admit he was a little strange but what difference does it make?Aren`t we all different?

C`mon dude,if you don`t like Michael stay out of this thread,this is not about how weird he was,we have heard it all before and it is getting so old,move on...

I can pretty much say with 100% certainty that that if you polled the entire world with "Was Mikey Jackson a weirdo or not" question that the majority of the answers would be yes. If you think differently then you are dreaming. :lol

Are Sideshow Freaks even the right people to be making decisions about who's weird? :lol

After all, we are grown men who play with dolls in the eyes of the rest of the world. Let some non-collectors see some of the pics in the "Show Your Shelves" section here. Most people will wonder why don't we just grow-up. Most people would wonder why we waste thousands of dollars on toys....most of the same things people said about Michael Jackson.

Don't pay much attention to BadMoon guys...
he's a chronic alcoholic so most of the time he doesn't know what he's talking about...
If you throw him a beer he might just shut up for a little while...

:lol:lol

Are Sideshow Freaks even the right people to be making decisions about who's weird? :lol

After all, we are grown men who play with dolls in the eyes of the rest of the world.
I don't disagree. However, grown men playing with dolls is less weird than grown men sleeping in bed with small boys. In my opinion.

Back