Escape Plan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with teemu there. for movies i'm on the fence about, waiting till they come out on Demand usually makes them better for me. I usually end up enjoying them.

Whats wrong with people? We've been waiting years for an Arnie and Sly buddy movie......

Well, I am buying it as soon as it comes out then! They will make more money on blu sales anyway.

Got snowed in yesterday so I decided to watch this and it was pretty much what I was expecting. I was pretty entertained throughout the film, nothing surprising.

Got snowed in yesterday so I decided to watch this and it was pretty much what I was expecting. I was pretty entertained throughout the film, nothing surprising.

More OR less entertaining than an Expendables flick?

I really enjoyed this. The idea was pretty solid and I thought the execution turned into a fun movie that did harken back successfully to the spirit of 80s action. I've only seen the first Expendables and hated everything that it was.
I got a vibe from this of No Escape (though it's from 1994), which I love and still watch quite a bit, and I think they both will make for a great double feature set in my future. Much the same way I won't watch Demolition Man without also watching Judge Dredd.

I think Arnie was a bit stilted in his line delivery much of the time, even more wooden than usual, but he still put a decent character out there.

I really enjoyed this. The idea was pretty solid and I thought the execution turned into a fun movie that did harken back successfully to the spirit of 80s action. I've only seen the first Expendables and hated everything that it was.
I got a vibe from this of No Escape (though it's from 1994), which I love and still watch quite a bit, and I think they both will make for a great double feature set in my future. Much the same way I won't watch Demolition Man without also watching Judge Dredd.

I think Arnie was a bit stilted in his line delivery much of the time, even more wooden than usual, but he still put a decent character out there.

Now I really want to see this, haven't seen No Escape in forever, but I really enjoyed that flick.

I'll just repost my thoughts from RoR thread :lol

7,5/10

Suddenly good...
Plot may seem predictable but kept me in suspense until the very end. Great shooting overall, modern techniques works well in close space and adds to atmosphere - something that can rarely be seen nowadays. Humor nicely dilutes the tension. And HOLY **** that cast is awesome!

Some CGI was completely unnecessary. Secondary storyline with "sidekicks" wasn't involved in the plot thus a waste of time it is, plus sitting through 50Cent's attempts in acting was painfull... thk God his on-screen seconds can be counted on the fingers of one hand. The final third was too damn long and felt like an inappropriate mix of old action movies with all these firing, slow-mo and cliche which sharply contrast with the rest.

Anyway I didn't expect anything and was pleasantly surprised, do not regret the money spent and 115 minutes of life :lol

Back