Escape Plan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this tonight at a preview screening...
Sorry to say but it sucked... it was boring as hell and nothing really happened until the last act.
Some funny one-liners, and certain cool scenes, but overall it was pretty awful...

No surprise, looked bad in the trailer. I can't believe Arnold is second fiddle to Sly nowadays.

I was looking forward to this until I saw 2 things.

A TV spot which called it "Smart and FUN!".

I had to do a double take. Smart? Uh. That can't be right. I assume that was probably from an review that went like this...

"Escape Plan COULD have been smart and fun...but instead it was dumb, and boring."

And then I checked RT. 40ish. Eh. I'll watch it for cheap. Still looking forward to it.

Sorry to say but it sucked... it was boring as hell and nothing really happened until the last act.
Some funny one-liners, and certain cool scenes, but overall it was pretty awful...

but you loved Pacific Rim....hmmmm

if only the setting was in a retirement home. more fitting. lolz

Probably make for a better movie. :clap

These geezers could be on lockdown on a unit and trying to escape past the nefarious nurses played by Margo Martindale and Rebel Wilson.

[ame]https://youtu.be/FeyyVGnlg1w[/ame]

^That guy does a great Arnie impression!

:monkey3

Seriously that's pretty cool. Normally the only lines he repeats are I'll be back or Hasta La Vista.

Going to see this tomorrow. I don't have high expectations and figure its pure cheese. As long as I get that it's ok.

I saw this last night. Gotta say, I enjoyed it. Of course, it's not what you'd call a good movie and was cheesy as hell, but it delivered what I was looking for, which was a 80s style Arnold/Stallone movie complete with cheesy one lines, stuff blowing up, plot that really doesn't make sense, and over the top villain. Arnold stole the show in this one for me. He's pretty damn funny in this.

Back