Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sent my email. Mine had never been opened and has been in storage, so I pulled it out to check. Mine is doing the same thing, turning reddish brown. Glad I saw this thread. Didn't bother with photos, although offered to send them upon request.

Well, I heard back from SS:

Thank you for contacting our returns department. We are very sorry to hear about the damage on your Clone Trooper Figure suit.

Was this item purchased directly through Sideshow Collectibles? If so please provide the order number for this item. Please note that if the item was not purchased directly through Sideshow Collectibles, or if your item is outside of our 30 day return policy, you will be responsible for all shipping costs if a replacement piece is available. After we receive this information, please allow 3 to 5 business days for us to decide the best course of action on how to fulfill your request.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

As I didn't buy my clones through SS I guess I have to pay shipping if they send me something. Its also been WAY past the 30 days since it was released so I guess we all have to cover shipping? No worries. I'll let you know if I hear anything more. I just requested two of the new, ribbed fabric suits.

SS customer service ROCKS, doesn't it? :rock

This sounds like a canned response for a typical in-kind product replacement. There’s no point in me shipping them my figure, and having them ship me a replacement figure, because whatever reserve stock they have is likely having the same problem. Unless they plan on shipping replacement figures with the fabric body suit, but I doubt that. More likely the responder just hasn’t read the message and understood the problem.

EDIT: Rereading, they mention shipping, but not necessarily RETURN shipping. So maybe this is shipping for them to send a new suit?

I got the same email response as Brinn. I spoke to Daniel Campisi over the phone and he told me they were still looking into it for a solution and that I would get another email in a few days. I think they will just send replacement suits and that we won't have to send the damaged ones. After all, they are trash.

That's what I am hoping. Put two fabric suits in an envelope and charge me $2 shipping. Fine by me! ;)

Ok, I called Sideshow and I sent them a email explaining the issue. I hope this will be addressed, it would be a shame if they did nothing about this.

I emailed SSC the other day and got my reply
_
"Thank you for contacting our returns department._ If you could please provide pictures and a description of this issue with your Clone Trooper, they will greatly assist us in the handling of your inquiry._ After we receive the pictures, please allow 3 to 5 business days for us to examine them and then decide the best course of action on how to fulfill your request.
_
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me and I will do my best to assist you.
_
Best Regards"

Now i just have to take the pics and send them in and see what they do. Hopefully they replace the bodysuit. I took the armor off one of my two troopers but it's Still a pain as I wasn't really too keen on cracking open the Other trooper but oh well, just gotta be careful....

Just an update, I'm still going to try to make some of these suits once I get my hands out of laminate flooring. :panic:

Nope nothing yet. I sent them pics as well. Sorry I did not post them here Brinn I am rubbish at posting pics to freaks. I always do it wrong and takes me forever to do it.

E-mailed Dan again @ SS. He says that they are still looking into this issue. I'm sure most of their time and energy is being focused on SDCC. This will probably be resolved after that.

Back