Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squeeze the sides of it gently until it pops open. It will take a little time but don't rush it or you'll risk breaking it.

Thanks and I have another question for you, can you tighten the armor bodies after you remove the armor, I have the Utapau Clone and he is very loose. I have always wanted to remove the armor, thanks for the help.

Thanks and I have another question for you, can you tighten the armor bodies after you remove the armor, I have the Utapau Clone and he is very loose. I have always wanted to remove the armor, thanks for the help.

Yes you can. I was lucky and only my General Obi-Wan body needed to be tightened. One you strip it, you can then take the body apart and either tighten the screws to make the joints tighter, or, what I had to do, I used some 'Zap-A-Gap' glue in the shoulder joint to make the loose rotating right shoulder tight. Now he can hold up his hologram Rex arm. :yess:

In regards to the vinyl suits, I doubt (my humble opinion) very much it is microbial in nature,bacteria or fungus, ect.. My education is in micro biology...so hopefully I know a little something about the subject...I will admit the pattern is very much like a growth pattern, however It is more likely a reaction between products, i.e the plasticides and colouring reacting.
As someone put it previously, cheap manufacturing. This may be one of the reasons SSC switched over to the fabric suits. Less issues and probably cheaper for them.
Brinn where are you in Canada? I'm in Ottawa, Ontario.
Cheers

Yes you can. I was lucky and only my General Obi-Wan body needed to be tightened. One you strip it, you can then take the body apart and either tighten the screws to make the joints tighter, or, what I had to do, I used some 'Zap-A-Gap' glue in the shoulder joint to make the loose rotating right shoulder tight. Now he can hold up his hologram Rex arm. :yess:

Thank you so much for responding to my questions so fast. I am going to the fabric store to see if I can find a ribbed spandex material so I can try and have some suits made. My wifes gay friend is really handy with a sowing machine, fingers crossed he can pull this off.

In regards to the vinyl suits, I doubt (my humble opinion) very much it is microbial in nature,bacteria or fungus, ect.. My education is in micro biology...so hopefully I know a little something about the subject...I will admit the pattern is very much like a growth pattern, however It is more likely a reaction between products, i.e the plasticides and colouring reacting.
As someone put it previously, cheap manufacturing. This may be one of the reasons SSC switched over to the fabric suits. Less issues and probably cheaper for them.
Brinn where are you in Canada? I'm in Ottawa, Ontario.
Cheers

Yes, I thought so too. I believe the suits are breaking down. Just too coincidental that only the Ep 2 Clones were turning. I assume the rest will all go at some point.

I am in Oakville, ON. :wave

Thank you so much for responding to my questions so fast. I am going to the fabric store to see if I can find a ribbed spandex material so I can try and have some suits made. My wifes gay friend is really handy with a sowing machine, fingers crossed he can pull this off.

SWEET! I hope they can, its hard grabbing them from Toy Anxiety! I was VERY lucky when i did!!:monkey3

Just did and...... nothing. WHEW! I'll be switching out his vinyl suit for the ribbed one now. I bleached it a little and turned it brown, so it should look sweet.

Anyone else see this happen to their vinyl clone suits?

Thanks Brinn, I've been having some work done in my house so most of my figures are packed away for their protection, so it would take some time to check mine! Would love to see pics of Gen. Kenobi with the ribbed suit underneath!
Jim

Would love to see pics of Gen. Kenobi with the ribbed suit underneath!
Jim

Here you go. I basically switched out the stand and bodysuit, cleaned off the brown wash from the belt, and CAREFULLY scratched off some of his extra mascara:

Clone_Obi_01.jpg

Clone_Obi_02.jpg

Clone_Obi_03.jpg

Clone_Obi_04.jpg

I'll deal with his "doll dots" later. ;)

So whats the best way to crack the armor open to check for the red stuff, is there a tutorial or pics? I did a google search and came up with nothing.

Squeeze the sides of it gently until it pops open. It will take a little time but don't rush it or you'll risk breaking it.

You may have to wedge a flat-head screwdriver under there to GENTLY help it apart. :monkey3 Chest armour first, then the abdomen armour.

Last edited:
You may have to wedge a flat-head screwdriver under there to GENTLY help it apart. :monkey3 Chest armour first, then the abdomen armour.

Man this sounds dangerous. Squeeze the sides (I'm assuming at the seam) and use a screwdriver to gently pry it apart? Hmm....not sure I wanna try that, but I guess if I had the body suits, I'd give it a whirl. SS doesnt use terribly strong seals anyway.

Man this sounds dangerous. Squeeze the sides (I'm assuming at the seam) and use a screwdriver to gently pry it apart? Hmm....not sure I wanna try that, but I guess if I had the body suits, I'd give it a whirl. SS doesnt use terribly strong seals anyway.

Yes, its a pretty easy custom, and the seals aren't too strongly glued together. I made sure I didn't over glue them back on in case I ever get enough True Type slim bodies to switch out the SS bodies on them. ;)

Here you go. I basically switched out the stand and bodysuit, cleaned off the brown wash from the belt, and CAREFULLY scratched off some of his extra mascara:

Clone_Obi_01.jpg

Clone_Obi_02.jpg

Clone_Obi_03.jpg

Clone_Obi_04.jpg

I'll deal with his "doll dots" later. ;)

Looks sweet!! I want to do this with mine and my 2 Utapau troopers. I"ll just have to patient to get some extra bodysuits for Toy Anxiety.

Hello all! New to "Freaks" and to collecting Sideshow SW 1/6. I was able to purchase a new Phase 1 Clone Trooper (https://www.crossroadsdiecast.com/si2.html - $74.99!!) and it was just delivered yesterday. I'm sorry to say that right out of the box, it has the same issue described in this thread. I've been in contact with Sideshow and will let you know if I get anywhere. They asked for pictures which I'll e-mail tonight. I've also mentioned this thread as well ( hope that was ok?). I've heard that their CS is very good and since this seems to be a defect, I'm hoping they will try to make it right. The person I talked to had never heard of this problem? Might be a good time for more folks to call in and enlighten them.

Well, you showed them this thread so they will see the pics here and know. Sorry you met with the same problem.
:fireworks
And :welcome1:

I went ahead and purchased 2 of the newer body suits on ebay, I replaced the plain old white clones body suit, I wanted to try the armor removal on a figure that I could live with it being damaged. It went ok, I know where I went wrong when I do the next one. The newer suits look soooooo much better. The old body suit had all the brown crap all over it, just like in the pics a few pages back and most of it washed away but you could see where it was starting to deteriorate the suit. The newer body suits are hard to find and kinda spendy but it makes a world of difference.

I had mentioned this problem last year. Same clone reddish dye rubbing off on my white armor. I can see it very clearly on the arms and around the elbows. It is really annoying!

I went ahead and purchased 2 of the newer body suits on ebay, I replaced the plain old white clones body suit, I wanted to try the armor removal on a figure that I could live with it being damaged. It went ok, I know where I went wrong when I do the next one. The newer suits look soooooo much better. The old body suit had all the brown crap all over it, just like in the pics a few pages back and most of it washed away but you could see where it was starting to deteriorate the suit. The newer body suits are hard to find and kinda spendy but it makes a world of difference.

Yeah, I was going to pick some of those up, and I don't know if it was the ones you got, but they wanted like 35-40 dollars for the ones I saw so I had to pass.

Back