Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, has anybody heard anything lately? I got the email and replied to it with my shipping address on 8/15, but have never received a reply with the shipping quote for me to approve.

Same here. Also requested clarification on version of bodysuit being sent.

Steve :)

I got this today.

Dear Jason,

Thank you for your continued patience and I apologize for the delayed response. I will be sending you your ship quote for the clone trooper suits later today. Once you receive it, please confirm via email that you approve the shipping cost and your replacement suit will be shipped to you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

(805) 214-2139 Office * (805) 214-2190 Fax

WTH!!!!! It seems that SS is providing the original bodysuit as the replacement!!!! To add insult to injury the shipping cost I was quoted is $8.29!!!! That is outrageous! My last clone shipped for about $11.95! They are basically charging us cost for the item and calling it shipping!!! I'm extremely disappointed and a little insulted! I have no faith in that original bodysuit and would never use it !!

Last edited:
I agree. My quote for two suits is $20.00! Toy Anxiety shipped my 6 fabric suits and other parts for $7.00! I asked what they are sending me, so if they are vinyl and not the new ribbed fabric suits I'll opt out of this replacement. :slap

Bad move or not, I can confirm this. Just got this message:

Thank you for your patience. Yes, this quote is for two of the body suits. Additionally, we are only able to replace the damaged suits with the same vinyl type.

So I said I was not interested in replacement suits. I already have two rotting ones taking up space. :slap

Ah well, it was worth a try, so keep your eyes PEELED on Toy Anxiety for new ribbed, fabric suits!

BTW, THANKS SS and Daniel @ Customer service!

I replied to opt out of this "replacement" program also.

I'm seriously considering opting out of future products as well. I've spent over $5K on their 1:6 SW line, and they're not willing to send me a piece of fabric to make this better? Really? I keep hearing about how great SS customer service is, and couldn't speak to it before because I never had to put it to the test. Now that I have, this feels like just another company that hates its customers.

I got the same email, I responded explaining how stupid that decision that was and I didn't want the same POS suit I already have. What a crock of $h1T, Very disappointed, why didn't they explain that in the beginning, I plan to call on Monday and try to talk some sense into those MoFo's.

I called yesterday and spoke with Daniel. I politely explained my concerns about accepting an original bodysuit and my disappointment with the cost of the shipping. I have no desire to have this happen again in the near future and have no recourse. Based on the cost of the figures, I expect to be taken care of! He is going to see what he can do. We will see...the saga continues.

I called yesterday and spoke with Daniel. I politely explained my concerns about accepting an original bodysuit and my disappointment with the cost of the shipping. I have no desire to have this happen again in the near future and have no recourse. Based on the cost of the figures, I expect to be taken care of! He is going to see what he can do. We will see...the saga continues.

Awesome man! Yes, I will call on Monday as well. Thanks for posting. Maybe if we all call something can be done? And yes, those shipping charges were NUTS for vinyl suits. I mean, shove some fabric suits in an envelope for $2 and we are happy!

Anyone going to make these? I need three of them, maybe four. My Phase I is getting bleed of the vinyl suit.

I'll mention the issue to SSC, but I am not replacing the suit with another vinyl unless they guarantee no problems.

C'mon, Sideshow is not that stupid, I am certain that they will give us cloth bodysuit replacements. I highly doubt that they have a surplus of old clone body suits, we will be getting the new cloth suits and its gonna be cheap to ship. Relax, they are gonna take care of there customers. :pray::pray::pray:

Guess that didn't happen...:dunno

Anyone going to make these? I need three of them, maybe four. My Phase I is getting bleed of the vinyl suit.

I'll mention the issue to SSC, but I am not replacing the suit with another vinyl unless they guarantee no problems.

I still plan to give it a go. I have to finish my flooring first (should be 2 to 3 weeks) and then I'll get to work on it.

I was hoping that you guys were onto something as I wanted to get a few of the new body suits myself.

I guess we could have asked them if they would be willing to sell them at SDCC but it would have cost you $50 bucks :huh

I too, don't want the same decaying suits for replacement!

Very disappointing!!! :( Are you reading our reactions to your solution for this problem, Sideshow???!!!

Decided to go "Gentle Giant" on my Gen. Kenobi figure. I Kind of like the contrast of the black with the white and brown!

I too, don't want the same decaying suits for replacement!

Very disappointing!!! :( Are you reading our reactions to your solution for this problem, Sideshow???!!!

The only reaction that matters to them is whether or not you keep on buying. I've got IG-88 on PO with them, and dewback at BBTS, with plans for Fett and Grievous coming up. I'm very seriously considering canceling and walking away from 1:6 SW if they don't change their position on this. These things are way too expensive to not be able to count on decent service. What makes it particularly abrasive is how inexpensive and easy the right answer is in this case.

Has anyone heard anything this week? My email has gone ignored.

Back