Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll undress him again when the paint dries (was modding him when I saw)

It almost looks like mould on the body, yet on the back of the armour its as if somebody has touched it with a leaky blue biro (not done that, and its like it on both my sandtroopers - both were the sergeant originally, the oldest of them all)

Btw, if I left this, whats the worst that could happen? it wouldn't ruin anything would it? just maybe make the bodysuit tear? (it isnt rubber, its fabric)

another edit: just checked pics in the thread, mine looks just like that but purple instead of orangy, but it hasnt shown on the outside of the armour yet (it been fully repainted and glossed up so not sure if it would ever show)

Why do I get the feeling 1 of those 1978 star wars figures are going to outlast all this stuff by a good 1000 years? haha

Last edited:
Odd? The body suit is fabric, yet the clone suits discussed here are vinyl. Weird. I think the wore that could happen is the armour could get stained by the colouring?

Trying to figure out if it could have been from the double sided tape I used to keep the armour firmly in place. Didn't use much of it though and only on the abdomen area, but the marks are on other pieces too.

I've only noticed this happening a bit to the right leg of my Stormtrooper Luke figure. I think some of the dye from the suit is leaching into the armor. It's not incredibly noticeable, but a concern. I'll likely end up repainting the affected sections or try to replace them if I can ever find the pieces loose again.

Is there a recommendation for just plain body suits to switch out? I'm not caring much about realism/accuracy when it comes to the underarmor, I just want to make sure my Sandtroopers last.

Additionally, does anyone have any damaged/used old vinyl bodysuits that they would like to get rid of or sell (for cheap :pray: )

I've only noticed this happening a bit to the right leg of my Stormtrooper Luke figure. I think some of the dye from the suit is leaching into the armor. It's not incredibly noticeable, but a concern. I'll likely end up repainting the affected sections or try to replace them if I can ever find the pieces loose again.

Thats SSC quality for you...on the cheap. Fabric dyes staining the armor, now a concern even with the fabric ones.

Great.. :lol

..& I thought I dodged a bullet by selling my Ep2 grunt clone, & getting the yellow fabric suited commander.

Mine's still boxed too - maybe I should check it. :monkey1

Back