Ep 2 Phase 1 Clone bodysuit discolouration

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVERYONE: I just called customer service and told them about this problem. I asked them if they will offer replacements for the suits, but we won't get them until we ALL start calling and informing them about this issue. They can do it just like they did with the stormtrooper hands and the paint flaking off from them. They were replacing those hands regardless if you bought it straight from their website or another retailer. But we all have to call them. Here's their Customer Service number: 1-800-474-3746.

Sideshow is great with customer service and won't ignore this like Hot Toys does with the rubber stuff and the leaking problems.

Well, you showed them this thread so they will see the pics here and know. Sorry you met with the same problem.
:fireworks
And :welcome1:

Thanks very much for the welcome! When I got home last night no e-mail from Sideshow CS? Kind of tough to suppy them w/ proof if they don't follow through on where to send it! Oh well, will probaby try again later. Good tip on Toy Anxiety! Scored two new fabric bodysuites and two stands last night!!
btw.. Great job on General Obi-wan figure. Excellent color on the new suit! What was the ratio on bleach to water? Also found this figure on Amazon for $ 44.99 / free shipping. About 12 left in stock if anyone needs one!

Called again and spoke to Dan in CS/returns. Got his e-mail tonight. Please keep the calls going!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the welcome! When I got home last night no e-mail from Sideshow CS? Kind of tough to suppy them w/ proof if they don't follow through on where to send it! Oh well, will probaby try again later. Good tip on Toy Anxiety! Scored two new fabric bodysuites and two stands last night!!
btw.. Great job on General Obi-wan figure. Excellent color on the new suit! What was the ratio on bleach to water? Also found this figure on Amazon for $ 44.99 / free shipping. About 12 left in stock if anyone needs one!

Great score on bodysuits from TA! I always seem to miss out on them when they do a breakdown

Excellent color on the new suit! What was the ratio on bleach to water? Also found this figure on Amazon for $ 44.99 / free shipping. About 12 left in stock if anyone needs one!

You are welcome!

For bleaching the suit I used 100% straight bleach soaked over about 6 hours. Good luck!

Are there any other clones beside the White Phase I that are having this problem? Is it just this clone, or are there others with the pleather body suit having this issue?

Are there any other clones beside the White Phase I that are having this problem? Is it just this clone, or are there others with the pleather body suit having this issue?

In my collection, out of EVERY pleather body suit released, ONLY THE PHASE 1, EP 2 CLONE had this discolouration on two different figure's suits.

My issue is that my fresh white clone armor is stained now. That is what really irks me. So even if I do replace teh body suit I have them darn red/orange underarms and elbow armor. :(

No word back for Sideshow CS other then that they got my e-mail and are looking into a resolution. Got the replacement bodysuits from TA, what a big difference!!!!!
Btw...was able to remove the majority of the reddish stains on the armor w/ a moist Scotch Bright scrub sponge. Really didn't take much effort. Just be gentle, they can be harsh.

I got a call 2 days ago from customer service and was asked to take pictures of the suit and email them to them. Looks like they are willing to resolve this issue for us, guys. If you haven't contacted them about this, do it asap so we can all get replacements that will last.

My phase 1 has the orange stains/dust too! I have cleaned it off once, but it has come back over time. Also stained his armor a little bit. Do you think sideshow will replace these with the new fabric suit, or with the pleather? If pleather I'll stick with what I've got. Not too noticeable.

Well I wanted to do a repaint with my episode 2 clone that I replaced the soiled bodysuit. I went with a heavy battle damaged look, like the Shock Trooper. I don't paint, but I was willing to give this a try, the all white was too clean. Please let me know what you guys think.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

My phase 1 has the orange stains/dust too! I have cleaned it off once, but it has come back over time. Also stained his armor a little bit. Do you think sideshow will replace these with the new fabric suit, or with the pleather? If pleather I'll stick with what I've got. Not too noticeable.

Not if you don't make a call and tell them about the problem. Call the returns departmen and inform them of what happened. Customer service phone is: 1-800-474-3746

Hey all,
I purchased a E2 Clone from an Amazon deal $40 and when I received it the body suit had that discoloration that everyone, including myself, have complained about. So I order a Commander Cody bodysuit from ebay $30, and did the old swaparoo, looks much better and it doesn't bunch in the shoulders. Then I started looking at the color, it was just too damn white, No Shinys in my Grand Army. So I started with pencil led, just dusting and giving it some shadows and depth, it looked better, but I wanted more. I dry brushed with black acrylic paint and wiped it clean. It looked cooler but I still wanted more, like the Shock Trooper. so the last step was to add darker spots, I had a brush with the bristles were going in all kind of directions, it made some interesting BD on the armor, I even used an emery-board to scuff up areas. Anyway I am no master painter and I am still at a novice level, but any tips and comments on how to make this look even better would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0141.jpg

Instead of spending $30 for the suit, you should've called Sideshow and get your replacement for free. You should do that before the suit on that Shocktrooper in your pictures starts staining too. Or do you really want to pay $30 all over again?

Last edited:
Not if you don't make a call and tell them about the problem. Call the returns departmen and inform them of what happened. Customer service phone is: 1-800-474-3746

Instead of spending $30 for the suit, you should've called Sideshow and get your replacement for free. You should do that before the suit on that Shocktrooper in your pictures starts staining too. Or do you really want to pay $30 all over again?

I bought the shock trooper and clone from ebay and amazon, would Sideshow still replace the suit?

I bought the shock trooper and clone from ebay and amazon, would Sideshow still replace the suit?

When I talked to CS I told them I bought my clone from a local retailer at the mall and not directly from them. The person at the returns department said to send him pictures of the suit and call me back, and that it didn't matter where I had bought it or how long ago had I purchased it. This was on Thursday. I am taking pictures tomorrow and send them via email for them to look at. He didn't make any promises but at least they will look into it. This is why I think everyone should call/write about the problem.

I am taking pictures tomorrow and send them via email for them to look at. He didn't make any promises but at least they will look into it. This is why I think everyone should call/write about the problem.

Can you supply us with the email address? Have they seen this thread?

THANKS!

OK, I just mailed both address and nothing has bounced back (so far). Linked them to this thread as well. Glad I started it! ;)

BTW get your clone armor off the discoloured suits ASAP to avoid the armour getting stained! :(

Back