ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY - 1/4 The Dark Knight

I'm not sure about the price boost.
T-800 clothes are from real leather (italian leather, not leather from China, it's very important) & Joker is all about simple cloth, Batman is all about rubber or plactic (rubber I guess :().
Plus, in Joker's case, the clothes are easier to recreate. I mean they are more complicated & there is actually more of them :)lol), but they are pretty much simple by their own. T-800 jacket is probably a very tough call for seamstress.
But they can be more pricey in the end only because of the license but I don't think it cost more because like with T2, it seems like everybody on the market was able to buy that one.
And there is another thing - LE number. T-800 is 5 000 worldwide & that helps a lot when we are talking about price decrease. If Joker & Batman will be in 1 500-3 000 LE range - yeah, I believe we are in trouble :lol

Where'd you get the info regarding T800 being limited to 5000pcs worldwide?

I got that info from my dealer from China and I'm sure I saw that info on Enterbay website at some point (in specs). 5 000 together for Ani-Com Special Edition (in dark-grey box) & Regular (in silver box).
It's interesting because I can't find that info there now. Gonna double check with my dealer. The thing is he got 1 000 pieces from the first batch of the regular versions & already sold out, waiting for new batch in mid february.
I was shocked when I heard about 5 000 for the first time. It really is a lot for something in $400 price range. Even for fantastic product full of win. A lot of guys just don't buy things like that because it's too pricey for a collectible. No matter how good it is. But it looks like this guy is popular among the buyers. It's also funny because me myself bought 9 pieces already for my friends (PayPal is new in Russia & not everybody can use it). Even non-collectors folks asked me to help with that one. That never happened with any product before from any company. Enterbay dealers here are crazy too! They are selling it for $600 & it's still a pre-order.
And Russia is definitely not the biggest market for things like that in the world (but it's growing extremely fast though).
So I could only imagine how many of this guys are sitting in the US & China collections already.
And some of us crazy enough to buy more than one. Just like me :lol

Nope :( No snow for most of the russians this year. Feel myself like australian.

I'm not sure I understand why companies are going to the 1/4 format. Can there possibly enough of a demand for something at that high a price point? So many are complaining about HT going up and over the $200 mark. I've seen numbers in excess of $1000 for the 1/4 figures.

I may be clueless and just not interested in changing formats, but I'd be shocked if anything in that price range has any sustainability.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

I'm not sure I understand why companies are going to the 1/4 format. Can there possibly enough of a demand for something at that high a price point? So many are complaining about HT going up and over the $200 mark. I've seen numbers in excess of $1000 for the 1/4 figures.

I may be clueless and just not interested in changing formats, but I'd be shocked if anything in that price range has any sustainability.

:dunno:dunno:dunno

:exactly::exactly:

I think it's a great idea, personally. From a logical stand point, it seems like they're trying to bridge the gap between 1/6th and Premium Format collectors. Keep all of the articulation, accessories, and detail of a 1/6th figure, but do it in a scale where the items could potentially integrate into a market which was almost all statues.

I think it's a great idea, personally. From a logical stand point, it seems like they're trying to bridge the gap between 1/6th and Premium Format collectors. Keep all of the articulation, accessories, and detail of a 1/6th figure, but do it in a scale where the items could potentially integrate into a market which was almost all statues.

I can understand the collectible aspect of why. But if what you are say is they want people who collect 1/6 to start getting 1/4, I still doubt enought people will be able afford to get these. And how many 1/6 collectors are will to stop getting 1/6 figures? I, for one, have no interested whatsoever in 1/4. Most because of price, but also because I have over 20 1/6 figures. Read how many complaints there are about Iron Man 1/6 figures being @ 1 inch too short. Now they want 1/6 collectors to add 1/4 figures. Thats about 6 inches bigger.

NO THANKS!

The mixture of 1/4 and 1/6 scales in my collection does not bother me for some reason. Regardless of the size, its the final presentation that's the deal breaker for me. If the sculpt, design, and detail are excellent, I would have no problems with picking this up. I welcome the diversity and choices brought by both Enterbay and Hot Toys. As a consumer, we ultimately decide what is right for our collections.

But it isn't just about 1/6th collectors, sure, there'll be some who make the jump, but there are 1/4 scale collectors as well who may pick up a figure because it fits in with their collections, and it could potentially lead to them liking the features enough to start getting into 1/6th do to the larger selection that is available.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter. You'll have the HT and EB die-hards, the 1/4 scale collectors, and even 1/6th scale collectors who'd like to experiment with the larger scale, and yeah, I think the market is there. Plus, there are some people out there who think that a larger scale means more detail, etc.

But it isn't just about 1/6th collectors, sure, there'll be some who make the jump, but there are 1/4 scale collectors as well who may pick up a figure because it fits in with their collections, and it could potentially lead to them liking the features enough to start getting into 1/6th do to the larger selection that is available.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't matter. You'll have the HT and EB die-hards, the 1/4 scale collectors, and even 1/6th scale collectors who'd like to experiment with the larger scale, and yeah, I think the market is there. Plus, there are some people out there who think that a larger scale means more detail, etc.

True. I am also all about choices. Get what you want, and can afford. Those price points will keep me away though.

Thanks for all the knowlege.:wave

No problem, and I agree about choices, if It doesn't affect their 1/6th offerings, more power to 'em, more options = better for collectors IMO.

I've just noticed, as the Batman figure is from the start will the Joker be too? So far we have only seen the mask which he never wears other than with the robber outfit,
no purple coat = no buy for me

Lol I like how the line for this figure is called "HD Masterpiece"

Well it's not just the TDK figures. Enterbay's 1/4 line is called the HD Masterpiece line which I assume is supposed to be analogous with HD picture in that you see/have more detail.

I do wonder if they came up with that b/c of HD movies or just a coincidence??

Well it's not just the TDK figures. Enterbay's 1/4 line is called the HD Masterpiece line which I assume is supposed to be analogous with HD picture in that you see/have more detail.

I do wonder if they came up with that b/c of HD movies or just a coincidence??

Oh, I just thought it was funny because it sounds like a ripoff of HT's Movie Masterpiece line.

Oh, I just thought it was funny because it sounds like a ripoff of HT's Movie Masterpiece line.

:lolOkie dokes.

You're post also made me question why it was called HD masterpiece since I never thought about it before.

After seeing the T2 figure in hand, the only thing keeping me from switching to 1/4 will be room space. The T2 box = 4 Hot Toys boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back