ENTERBAY : The Dark Knight - HD 1/4 Christian Bale Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ENTERBAY - 1/4 The Dark Knight

I wonder if that is how 1/6 started out ;)

:borg

Well perhaps for some people. For me though living in central London in a small apartment, there is literally no space for more than 3-4 1/4 scale figures/statues. I can manage a good 30-40 1/6 figures (currently have about 25) as they are easier to display in the space I have

I wonder if that is how 1/6 started out ;)

Do you mean in void's case or in general?

1/6 figures go all the way back to the 1960s with Stan Weston and GI Joe. The first real, articulated action figures that evolved to what we have today. There's a rich history there.

1/4 is cool but do people honestly want to replace their 1/6 collection with a whole new line of 18" figures? I'm not knocking 1/4 by any means, I just got my first high end 1/4 figure the other day (I've bought NECA versions in the past) in the form of a certain cyborg and was blown away. I get that way with every "new" colellectibe though. The scale didn't impress me, the headsculpt, accessories and clothes/tailoring did.

I can see a few 1/4 icons here and there. Like Kara mentioned, a Batman, a Joker, Vader, Robocop, spread out like Premium Formats. One and done figures from popular culture and films. But a full fledged line of big guns? Batman after Batman, Predator after Predator? Isn't that a little much? Most of these characters have already been done hundreds of times already and now we want more of them, upscaled?

Do you mean in void's case or in general?

1/6 figures go all the way back to the 1960s with Stan Weston and GI Joe. The first real, articulated action figures that evolved to what we have today. There's a rich history there.

1/4 is cool but do people honestly want to replace their 1/6 collection with a whole new line of 18" figures? I'm not knocking 1/4 by any means, I just got my first high end 1/4 figure the other day (I've bought NECA versions in the past) in the form of a certain cyborg and was blown away. I get that way with every "new" colellectibe though. The scale didn't impress me, the headsculpt, accessories and clothes/tailoring did.

I can see a few 1/4 icons here and there. Like Kara mentioned, a Batman, a Joker, Vader, Robocop, spread out like Premium Formats. One and done figures from popular culture and films. But a full fledged line of big guns? Batman after Batman, Predator after Predator? Isn't that a little much? Most of these characters have already been done hundreds of times already and now we want more of them, upscaled?

at around $400 a pop, there's no way EB and HT can have huge success with 1/4 lines if they don't spread things out cause they have large edition sizes compared to statue companies. Anymore then 1 per quarter is too much imo cause most people like myself who collect mainly 1/4 have funds tied up in 1/4 statues. 1/6 collectors aren't going to jump ship all together into 1/4 territory.

I don't think price should be considered a factor though. 1/6 is upto almost $250 now. Still rising too.

Bill has posted some sneak peeks at the 1/4 Bale HS on his FB. Not the whole head, but glimpses. One pic - I could have sworn it was a photo of Bale until I noticed Bill's giant thumb behind Bale's head.

I don't think price should be considered a factor though. 1/6 is upto almost $250 now. Still rising too.

it's easier for most to afford multiple 1/6 figures that come out back to back, I don't think the same will be said if 1/4 Batman, Joker, BD T-800, and Rambo all come out before the end of the year. Another factor is discounts too, the clean T800 wasn't available with any discounts and only available through a couple of retailer where HT product can be found all over for 10% cheaper.

I don't think price should be considered a factor though. 1/6 is up to almost $250 now. Still rising too.

There's the flow-on effect though - a $400 figure is going to be taxed just that bit more in countries that tax imports; and the shipping cost is going to be that bit more too.

There's the flow-on effect though - a $400 figure is going to be taxed just that bit more in countries that tax imports; and the shipping cost is going to be that bit more too.
:goodpost:
I and lots of other collectors - there are 10 million people in my state alone - pay about 89% of the price of the good + shipping in import taxes. A $400 figure ends up costing about $900 after shipping if the officers tax you correctly around these parts. Sometimes they don't factor in the shipping though.

it's easier for most to afford multiple 1/6 figures that come out back to back, I don't think the same will be said if 1/4 Batman, Joker, BD T-800, and Rambo all come out before the end of the year. Another factor is discounts too, the clean T800 wasn't available with any discounts and only available through a couple of retailer where HT product can be found all over for 10% cheaper.

The prices of collectables are like nature... they find a way..not to mention the folks who collect them... I think you will be very surprised how well the 1/4 line of Batman, Terminator and Predator will sell.. in fact I foresee a sell out...

:goodpost:
I and lots of other collectors - there are 10 million people in my state alone - pay about 89% of the price of the good + shipping in import taxes. A $400 figure ends up costing about $900 after shipping if the officers tax you correctly around these parts. Sometimes they don't factor in the shipping though.

:lol And a $250 1/6 scale figure will cost you $500+ Not sure I understand the difference.

We're comparing apple to oranges here. My 1/4 Arnold can/will top anything in 1/6 scale. "That" is the difference here. Why it's worth the hassle.

Plus Bill posted pics of the new Rambo box. The material is a lightweight styrofoam. Less weight = cheaper shipping.

:lol And a $250 1/6 scale figure will cost you $500+ Not sure I understand the difference.

Plus Bill posted pics of the new Rambo box. The material is a lightweight styrofoam. Less weight = cheaper shipping.

Well, some people aren't willing to spend about $1k in a single figure and some can't even afford that. There's also the issue of dimensional weight, so the dimensions of the packaging also have a huge impact in the shipping costs. These larger and more expensive collectibles certainly aren't for everyone who collects 1/6 figures and the price is a big factor, especially after import taxes are applied. I saw the pictures of the Rambo boxes and the fact that they're lightweight helps a lot, of course.

edit: and I don't disagree with you, the EB T-800 can't be compared to any 1/6 scale offering of that character =)

Well, some people aren't willing to spend about $1k in a single figure and some can't even afford that. There's also the issue of dimensional weight, so the dimensions of the packaging also have a huge impact in the shipping costs. These larger and more expensive collectibles certainly aren't for everyone who collects 1/6 figures and the price is a big factor, especially after import taxes are applied. I saw the pictures of the Rambo boxes and the fact that they're lightweight helps a lot, of course.

edit: and I don't disagree with you, the EB T-800 can't be compared to any 1/6 scale offering of that character =)

Well I do know about customs so I agree with you there. What i'm saying is, if you're after the very best piece maybe price shouldn't be an object. I mean, I could have 10-20 figures because they "costed" me less to get them here but why consider overall price when with 1/4 scale you have the best of the best.

I'm not saying 1/4 scale is best because it's 1/4. I'm just going off of the shockingly awesome T-800.

Imo 1/6 will never be replaced. That's just crazy talk :)

1/6, as has been said, has been established since original GI Joe and is a standard scale here to stay.
1/4 more of a museum piece, statue like item meant for drawing the center of attention in any collection...EB's Arnie T2 is without question that!

I've been showing many different folks photos of collections that have grail 1/6 figures posed in the same room with the EB 1/4 Terminator and I get the same first response every time.

Nice Terminator.

Now I just want to confuse them with many 1/4 pieces. :lol

I'm sure these 2 cars below will get the same reaction though.

Last edited:

I totally get where DiFabio is coming from on this. Its insane. It makes you really wonder if it will ever end. Well certainly not anytime soon.

Personally I'm going to try for Terminator and Robocop at high end 1/4. Considering the amount of 1/4 Terminator on the way(and my completist tendency when it comes to that) thats a lot in itself so theres just no way I can do Predator, Alien, Batman, Superman etc etc aswell. I'll stick to Neca for 1/4 scale Preds and Aliens. I'm sure HT will make that difficult on me with light up wrist bombs etc but I just can't keep doing this. One has to draw the line somewhere.

Where has it been said that there's a 1/4 Superman coming? I really want to know because I really don't want to cry myself to sleep anymore.

I agree that lines should be drawn. If I had the money I'd be getting both these TDK figures (I am getting these), Robocop, Predator, Rambo and more Terminators. But obviously, a 16 year old doesn't have access to insane amounts of money that regularily. So just Jokes and Bats for me then my hook will be hung. Collecting will be done. Unless of course I come into a tonne of money and theres Rambo's and Robocops on the loose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back