Enterbay - NBA - Stephen Curry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is Curry, is still a Shooter, and there isn't many Shooter in NBA history that has gained as much popularity as those One Hit Wonder dunkers especially post Magic era. Larry Bird is all i can think of & Magic Johnson. Also his babyface doesn't appeal to mass majority like MJ/Kobe & even A.Hardaway, Grant Hill & Drexler.

I'm not sure I 100% agree but I see your point. What makes Curry elite is not only can he shoot off the dribble like no one can but he can also drive and finish in the lane. But when I think of the NBA I think of monstrous dunks - something that I would never be able to do on a 10 foot rim. It's stuff like that which makes me look up to these guys as athletic wonders. So Lebron definitely fits that mold for me as still the reigning face of the NBA.

(And this coming from a Golden State fan living in the Bay Area)

I'm not sure I 100% agree but I see your point. What makes Curry elite is not only can he shoot off the dribble like no one can but he can also drive and finish in the lane. But when I think of the NBA I think of monstrous dunks - something that I would never be able to do on a 10 foot rim. It's stuff like that which makes me look up to these guys as athletic wonders. So Lebron definitely fits that mold for me as still the reigning face of the NBA.

(And this coming from a Golden State fan living in the Bay Area)

I thought the appeal of Curry to the average fan (and kids) is that he resembles the "everyman."

He's short and slight in stature/build (for NBA standards) - most people can never become an athletic freak like Lebron but most people can dream of becoming Curry if they put in enough work. Obviously, that won't be true for 99.99% of people because Curry possesses some naturally gifted elite talents which he's honed with thousands of hours in the gym. He's marketable because from outward appearances, he has that baby face look, he's humble and a family man.

Today's NBA is different from the isolation heavy days of the 1990's and 2000's, where athleticism was so important. But the current NBA rules allow for Curry's skill/finesse to flourish. That coupled with winning a championship and the baby-face appeal has made Curry arguably the new face of the NBA.

In any event, I guess I don't mind getting double-dipped if the facesculpt on a Curry 2.0 is more accurate and Enterbay includes more accessories. I don't believe Enterbay has ever included a NBA Finals MVP (Bill Russell) trophy before - if Curry can get earn that in 2016, that would be a nice addition.

I thought the appeal of Curry to the average fan (and kids) is that he resembles the "everyman."

He's short and slight in stature/build (for NBA standards) - most people can never become an athletic freak like Lebron but most people can dream of becoming Curry if they put in enough work. Obviously, that won't be true for 99.99% of people because Curry possesses some naturally gifted elite talents which he's honed with thousands of hours in the gym. He's marketable because from outward appearances, he has that baby face look, he's humble and a family man.

Today's NBA is different from the isolation heavy days of the 1990's and 2000's, where athleticism was so important. But the current NBA rules allow for Curry's skill/finesse to flourish. That coupled with winning a championship and the baby-face appeal has made Curry arguably the new face of the NBA.

In any event, I guess I don't mind getting double-dipped if the facesculpt on a Curry 2.0 is more accurate and Enterbay includes more accessories. I don't believe Enterbay has ever included a NBA Finals MVP (Bill Russell) trophy before - if Curry can get earn that in 2016, that would be a nice addition.

they'll include it with Kawhi, after he wins FMVP again.

Iverson would fit that image more than Curry in terms of being small but Big, Iverson might shoot most of the time but he has killer crossovers & more well known for dunks than Curry, Curry is skilled and great shooter that very few players possess that kind of range & accuracy but it's more like playground style plays, he's not lightning fast or explosive like Iverson that makes the whole arena go wild, people do cheer everytime Curry scores but nothing really memorable. Even if it's an impossible downtown stepback shot, it's still, just a shot, the impact is just not there.

Now i wouldn't say Lebron is any better because even though he's fast & powerful, he's play style is pretty one sided, you know what he's gonna do before he even start his dribble, his Impact is the Power dunks, that is all.

Compared to Jordan, Magic, Kobe, Iverson, and the would be been legends like A.Hardaway & Grant Hill, Lebron's Impact is just "meh". But he's the best there is in the post Prime Kobe era.

There's alot of great players currently, interesting players, not so many compared to the 90's.

ee251c514d8eda7ed6c0dc7d26524959.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone see this yet from Enterbay Bill? Why another away jersey Curry? Hope he has an update/better head sculpt tho!!

v7zazr.jpg

I'd prefer more legends.

Karl Malone, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain.

Bring on the giants!

I read that those are 1/8 scales? Let's hope not.

Anyone see this yet from Enterbay Bill? Why another away jersey Curry? Hope he has an update/better head sculpt tho!!
v7zazr.jpg

Maybe they'll double dip and give him home and away jerseys and a couple of other add-ons, new headsculpt? I do think EB underestimated the demand especially with him circling another MVP.

I read that those are 1/8 scales? Let's hope not.

You'd think if they were going to do a new scale they'd hit Michael or Kobe first...

Really?? That would be strange.. curious where you heard that from?

I read it on some Facebook groups. Enterbaybill did post a smaller looking. Prototype awhile back, I think that's where they got it from.

Here is my new pose for Curry. How does everyone else have theirs posed?
c1e3b0c4fe0be315209d0fa9bd2be66e.jpg

Nice crossover pose!!! Have you ever had problems with the magnet coming out of the hand? I had mine in that position with the basketball facing downwards and the basketball eventually fell down with the magnet stuck to it. I glued it back but doesn't quite hold well rubber to rubber.

Nice crossover pose!!! Have you ever had problems with the magnet coming out of the hand? I had mine in that position with the basketball facing downwards and the basketball eventually fell down with the magnet stuck to it. I glued it back but doesn't quite hold well rubber to rubber.

Yea I've seen that a lot. Enterbay should have put the magnet inside the hand when they produced it. Terrible design. I've glued mine back also, but doesn't always hold the best.

Maybe they'll double dip and give him home and away jerseys and a couple of other add-ons, new headsculpt? I do think EB underestimated the demand especially with him circling another MVP.

You'd think if they were going to do a new scale they'd hit Michael or Kobe first...

Awesome sig, man. :lol :duff

I heard this figure has weak ankles. :chase

CgtVVmBUgAAwm2i.jpg

:lol

Does he come with another head sculpt that has him awkwardly chewing on his mouthguard? That's the most accurate pose since that's all he does.

Back