Sideshow Tim Curry Pennywise Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me there are two areas of concern when it comes to production. Eyes and mouth of the smiling head. Those two areas for me really capture Curry. And those are often the areas hit the hardest by production down grade.
Their eye paint quality always takes a hit so definitely the place to look out for.

zy9nfaU.png

The skin detail softening up on this one might be okay since you don't really see it with the white paint make up. The rooted hair is an unknown aspect since it's not something they really ever do.

Their eye paint quality always takes a hit so definitely the place to look out for.

zy9nfaU.png

The skin detail softening up on this one might be okay since you don't really see it with the white paint make up. The rooted hair is an unknown aspect since it's not something they really ever do.
As someone who generally enjoys SS releases based on their sculpts and am usually ok with their soft goods tailoring, it's the bodies that put me off. They are always trash. Some more than others.

Then there's the price. Yeah, no. I will NEVER pay retail or preorder a SS figure. Ever.

It's the eyebrows bothering me.....they are off somehow.

Hair is way too low also

Last edited:
I'd have much preferred the sculpt based on the bottom pic.

I don't particularly want a smiling OG Pennywise where he looks like just another happy go lucky clown. I just don't remember him that way.

His mean, scary faces are what sold me, as a character of interest. If there were EVER a character that would benefit from multiple sculpts, it's Pennywise, be it the OG or the remake.

Last edited:
I agree, it's like the top half of the head does not match the bottom.....very odd.

Man I wish they'd put as much love into Freddy rather than having to go custom route. Sideshow Have killed both It and Beetlejuice, generally hoping to see more.

I don't mind a slight drop but this is pretty basic and I hope they don't mess it up!
PXL_20240204_211323855.PORTRAIT.jpg

I was thinking the same. New Freddy and Jason figures would be so sweet.
I'd love a FvJ Jason but it'll never happen.

Third party is our only hope for such characters. They can't sell this stuff to today's generation. And let's be clear here, that is their target audience.

That prototype looks absolutely awesome but I just don’t have faith in SS when it comes to their production pieces. There’s no way I’ll preorder but if in hand pics look like this or really close to it then I’ll track one down.
This is the single only reason I haven’t ordered Pennywise or Beetlejuice. I simply don’t trust SC with their quality control. However if Hot Toys had both licenses, I would have preordered.

This is the single only reason I haven’t ordered Pennywise or Beetlejuice. I simply don’t trust SC with their quality control. However if Hot Toys had both licenses, I would have preordered.
HT won't touch these kind of IP's. You know this. So folks saying "if HT MIGHT"
NO.
It's not happening. Hang that nonsense up. Stop. Squash that. Never gonna be a thing. Ever.

Clearly.

Now, re-focus on the FACT that SS made it and act accordingly. Great sculpts (even after production - yall he lieing like a mf on that), ok tailoring, with a foundation (body) that might as well be a $20 Barbie buck.

So there it is.

If you're actually gonna pay $300+ for this, msg me. I wanna show you how I paid $175-$200 for it. OK that's me just being extra but there's no reality that exists where I pay $300 for a SS Pennywise.

That just isn't gonna happen.

Just don't be stupid. It's SS. JUST BECAUSE it's a character you're into doesn't change things... Good Lord. Wake up.

$300+ IS NOT THE GENERAL BASE PRICE

STOP PUSHING THIS BS BE IT HT OR SS. JUST STOP BUYING. YOU HAVE CONTROL - USE IT.

Last edited:
HT won't touch these kind of IP's. You know this. So folks saying "if HT MIGHT"
NO.
It's not happening. Hang that nonsense up. Stop. Squash that. Never gonna be a thing. Ever.

Clearly.

Now, re-focus on the FACT that SS made it and act accordingly. Great sculpts (even after production - yall he lieing like a mf on that), ok tailoring, with a foundation (body) that might as well be a $20 Barbie buck.

So there it is.
You were saying…

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/it-pennywise-hot-toys-904949

I mean prices are what they are. Not saying I like where we’re at but being in the hobby I know what to expect at this point. I ordered Beetlejuice and Pennywise is tempting. I might wait until something new from Sideshow releases to gauge the quality.

I agree, it's like the top half of the head does not match the bottom.....very odd.
I think they are trying to simulate his bald cap (that has wig on the back part of it).. so when the forehead is wrinkling because of his expression (with eyebrows raised), we can see where the bald cap meets his actual forehead.

Back