ENTERBAY: Men In Black

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not until they're ready to shoot promotional shots and package the stuff to ship. Should be the upcoming weeks though.

No way... That's the Will Smith head sculpt? That's crazy, looks exactly just like him. First thing I thought of was Del Spooner. ;D

Have they yet to add the 'stash to that sculpt though? That would make it inaccurate to I am legend. I would love to do an I am legend bash, it would be cool if they released the head as it is above on a nude body or something!!

I have to admit that EB has been nailing the head sculpts as of lately...at least based on the teaser pics. This, BD T800, and the Joker. Too bad they are going mostly 1/4 though...:(

When Hot toys continue to disappoint me with every releases
(DX 02 oil fail, comedian fail, Indy fail & now keaton fail), I really think that Enterbay will rise this year!
I'm all about competition forcing HT to step up its game. . .but, in fairness, HT has had a lot more opportunity to fail. They've probably released 5 times as many products as Enterbay has, so statistically, you would expect more HT snafus. Further, Enterbay hasn't proven itself to be flawless. Their Jack Bauer figures were notorious for having fragile joints, and apparently their recent Bruce Lee was a disaster. I hope neither company has these glaring problems as time moves forward.

That'd make a badass Robert Neville ...

legendbor_l.jpg

I couldn't care less about MiB ... but the possibilities for Neville (smith) and Sam Gerard (Jones) from these two sculpts is compelling.

SnakeDoc

I agree. Mod that head onto the upcoming Noland body and it would be perfect!

This is what competition should stir, HT has raised bars in 1/6 and EB is clearly pushing to raise them even higher and I think they are.

This is what competition should stir, HT has raised bars in 1/6 and EB is clearly pushing to raise them even higher and I think they are.

:goodpost: :exactly: Whoever loses, we win. That being said, HT needs to step it up. EB is right on par with HT lately in terms of the figures themselves, but in terms of what you get, EB is seemingly usurping the throne. When EVERY release is given the same quality as HT's DX series (even the boxes, with their foam and magnetic panels), and the acquisition of a bunch of popular new licenses, this may spell trouble for HT.

Last edited:
Competition equals quality. As long as EB keeps pressing with the attack, HT will be forced to counter them with better and better releases, but they're both going to maintain their pricing range.

The real upset will happen when a third company (maybe Art Figures?) crosses that threshold that separates the major league from a sea of minors. Then we might see a pricing war in addition to quality and that would benefit us all.

The next couple of years will be fun for the hobby :)

Back