Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's also a little simplistic to say "all of their woes are entirely of their own making". And it shows a lack of business understanding. From what I've been told - the factory that went under wasn't owned by EB but was a contracted to handle part of EB production. Every toy maker has to sub-contract out production. Do you think HT does everything inhouse? I doubt it. So EB can't be faulted if one sub-contractor goes under. all EB can do as a responsible company is to try to bypass that obstacle - which it sounds like they've done (or are trying to). What more can be expected? My own company partnered with GO Networks (remember them?). GO promptly went under about 6 months later even though they had $$$$$$ and took a huge chunk out of my companie's revenue etc. Was that all my own doing? Or was it just unfortunate circumstances that all businesses risk?

I disagree, but all this EB talk has been trawled through in various threads so I'm not going to revisit it all again now. Interesting that you talk about my lack of business understanding when I'm not the one running a company into the ground through poor management. Blame a factory all you want, there's a lot more to EB's woes than a spat over production. Peace out :peace

The only thing that annoys me about them is their misleading proto pics.

Make your figures cost nearly 2x your competitors, I don't care... but don't lie to us about how the product will look.

The only thing that annoys me about them is their misleading proto pics.

Make your figures cost nearly 2x your competitors, I don't care... but don't lie to us about how the product will look.

Agreed. Although I myself have had this gripe about almost every toy maker. HT - I'll admit - has a much better record than EB.

I wanted to also point out that I'm by no means an Enterbay fanatic. This new GOD figure would only be the fourth EB figure in my entire collection - which is predominantly Medicom, followed closely by HT. So I'm not simply defending Enterbay - I'm defending that industry as a whole. It's a tough business.

Interesting that you talk about my lack of business understanding when I'm not the one running a company into the ground through poor management. Blame a factory all you want, there's a lot more to EB's woes than a spat over production. Peace out :peace

He just told you why his company went bankrupt, how is that poor management?

Wait. I didn't say my company went bankrupt. I sold it. And I don't believe EB is bankrupt either?

My company dealt in zeroes and ones. I can only imagine how complicated and difficult it is when your business has actual physical production like these toy maker's models. That's why I think it is easy to say that it is all EB's fault without realizing how much collective effort it takes between EB and its partners to get these figures made for us. Same with HT, Medicom, etc. And so if one of those production partners takes a fall - EB takes a fall as well. Same thing would happen if it was HT or Medicom.

My company dealt in zeroes and ones. I can only imagine how complicated and difficult it is when your business has actual physical production like these toy maker's models. That's why I think it is easy to say that it is all EB's fault without realizing how much collective effort it takes between EB and its partners to get these figures made for us. Same with HT, Medicom, etc. And so if one of those production partners takes a fall - EB takes a fall as well. Same thing would happen if it was HT or Medicom.

Don't think that I'm ragging on EB for stuff that happens in the day-to-day running of a business. When I say that EB's problems are 'all of their own making' I'm not talking about factory production issues per se. I'm talking more about the stuff that they have complete control over, like their marketing strategy. It seems to me that the problems EB are having getting traction with their customers are almost entirely related to QC issues and their habit of rolling out final products that do not come up to the expectations established by their promotional material. The perception with many collectors is that EB are not being honest with their promo material. This is a damaging perception for a company to have to battle against. Once they lose this credibility they are sunk, so they have to turn this around ASAP.

In that regard - you are completely correct Lejuan. Marketing and PR are completely within the control of the company. Any bad publicity that EB gets from posting deceptive pre-release pictures, etc. has to be on their shoulders alone.

I think EB made a huge mistake with this upcoming GOD figure by releasing those prototype body images. It just got everyone's expectations set way too high. I've been collecting a long time and have learned to mentally prepare for the final product being less than pre-release photos represent. HT and Medicom have been pretty good about it. EB hasn't been too bad imo until this GOD figure. I don't own any SST figures specifically because their final products rarely look like the photos. This - mind you was years ago; I understand they're much better now.

I think once the GOD comes out - it will fall somewhere in between. Not as amazing as the proto pics, but not as bad as the recent supposed release figure pics. We'll see.

If everything works out... so far I'm going to get a yellow suit, BD head, and possibly some of the diorama... might grab an EB NBA player when they come out and Custom a Kareem...

I think once the GOD comes out - it will fall somewhere in between. Not as amazing as the proto pics, but not as bad as the recent supposed release figure pics. We'll see.

I'm looking forward to seeing in-hand pics - the ones we've seen of Bruce in the con display weren't the best. The head sculpts are the heroes of this figure, and if the body disappoints then posing him in the full suit is going to make for a good display. I'm a fan of screen representation over 'behind the scenes' - if I was picking this up my preferred display option would be suit on anyway, regardless of how I felt about the body.

Don't want to highjack this thread but apparently there is a pic floating around that shows that the torso of the GOD body can be bent forward. This is key imo since I'm a stickler for the classic BL hunched stance (which EB captured so well in the prototypes). The supposed release pics look extra crappy because they show Bruce standing with his back completely erect and his shoulders pulled back. This not only isn't Bruce's posture, but it makes the arms look smaller than they actually are.

If the torso can be bent forward and his shoulders pushed forward and down - that posture would match up much more closely with the prototype.

i just ordered this guy after watching ip man again. this will be my first enterbay figure. hopefully he will be here by the end of the week. can't wait!

Last edited:
i just ordered this guy after watching ip man again. this will be my first enterbay figure. hopefully he will be here by the end of the week. can't wait!

Congrats! :rock

He was my first Eb figure as well. The sculpt is decent, though the expression is very bland. The mook jong (wooden dummy) accessory he comes with is awesome, you'll enjoy posing him with that :D

Post pics when you get him! :hi5:

Back