Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This figure is too big IMO next to HT BL DX.

I've been thinking of changing the body on this one, which one should I get? :(

This figure is too big IMO next to HT BL DX.

I've been thinking of changing the body on this one, which one should I get? :(

I've got mine on a TTM16, but a narrow would be fine too I think. He's still too tall, but acceptably so, whereas the original RM body is outright too tall.

I ordered the last one from BBTS after much thinking, but ordered mostly because the price on ebay is starting to raise as well as everywhere and BBTS has it for the same price since they had them in stock.

I really hope I don't get one with QC problems, that's what was stopping me from buying.

Fingers crossed.

I ordered the last one from BBTS after much thinking, but ordered mostly because the price on ebay is starting to raise as well as everywhere and BBTS has it for the same price since they had them in stock.

I really hope I don't get one with QC problems, that's what was stopping me from buying.

Fingers crossed.

:rock :rock :rock

So I loved these movies and would really like this figure. Does anyone have any experience with the newest version of it, which comeswith the RM4 or whatever Enterbay calls their new body? It seems like it would be too much of an investment to buy this and then buy a Hot Toys body and I am not nearly as ____ about Enterbay as some of the other posters here are. The face sculpt looks fine to me. It's just loose joints that I absolutely cannot stand on figures of any kind.

got mine on friday. my first enterbay figure. i really like the set. i haven't changed him over to a truetype but i probably will. the enterbay body is ok but the shoulders on mine are loose so his arms are always wanting to swing out too wide. other than that i don't have a problem with the body. sculpt is not a 100% dead ringer for yen but it's pretty close. i think it's the blank expression more than anything that throws it off. i like the clothing and shoes (magnets are cool idea) and all the pieces are pretty solid and well made. the base and wooden dummy are also cool. box and packaging are nice as well and were in great shape. only paint issues i have with the hands are on the fingernail beds of most of the hands. i'm not exactly sure what they were going for but it looks like the nbase of the nails have white out on them. overall, definite thumbs up and i'm glad i picked one up finally. it's a cool looking figure from one of my favorite movies so it's a win. like i said, it is my first enterbay figure but i will definitely be buying the legend of the fist/return of chen zhen set as well so i guess they have a repeat customer.

Last edited:
Congrats Orc! Ip Man was also my 1st Enterbay figure and Legend of the Fist was my 2nd too :lol

I agree the shoulder joints do become loose very easy, but I do not have the nail issue on the hands you described. Regardless, the clothing is great and so is the mook jong accessory like you stated.

I think you'll be very happy with the Chen Zen set, I ended up buying 2 :D You might want to pick up and extra body when you get that figure because it does come with 2 outfits, and 1 body. Just a heads up if you didn't know. :wink1:

Post some Ip Man pics!

Congrats Orc! Ip Man was also my 1st Enterbay figure and Legend of the Fist was my 2nd too :lol

I agree the shoulder joints do become loose very easy, but I do not have the nail issue on the hands you described. Regardless, the clothing is great and so is the mook jong accessory like you stated.

I think you'll be very happy with the Chen Zen set, I ended up buying 2 :D You might want to pick up and extra body when you get that figure because it does come with 2 outfits, and 1 body. Just a heads up if you didn't know. :wink1:

Post some Ip Man pics!

thanks, man! :rock

any complaints i have about the ip man set are minor. even the paint issue is only on a couple of the hands. i am very happy with it overall.

yeah, i was considering picking up 2 of the chen zhen sets. i like the kato suit but i really dig that completely pimpin' white suit.

switched him over to a truetype real quick to see what he looked like. i like that the neck isn't quite so long. quick desktop pic...

128.jpg

126-1.jpg

Last edited:
thanks, man! :rock

any complaints i have about the ip man set are minor. even the paint issue is only on a couple of the hands. i am very happy with it overall.

yeah, i was considering picking up 2 of the chen zhen sets. i like the kato suit but i really dig that completely pimpin' white suit.

Great pics! :rock

I will tell you that both suits are VERY well done, so much so that you really need to have them both displayed, it would be a shame to have 1 boxed up really.

Like I said i did buy 2 sets but you could get away with buying 1 set and then 1 body to save some $, or get both if you're a nut like me! :panic:

I ended up putting my extra white suit on a DX Bruce Lee body and DX sculpt and it looks great :rock I still have an extra black suit though, didn't use it for a DX Bruce like I thought b/c I landed a EB Kato BL pretty cheap and I didn't anticipate that happening :lol

awesome, glad to hear they are both good quality. i think 2 is the way to go as well. i'm too ocd not to have them both displayed.

awesome, glad to hear they are both good quality. i think 2 is the way to go as well. i'm too ocd not to have them both displayed.

:lol Me too! I'm still annoyed that I haven't picked up an extra body to display the white shirt that comes with this Ip Man figure. Also need a pair of black pants too :slap But I do have 5 Donnie 1/6's displayed and running out of room FAST, so I can wait :monkey1

:rock that's a lot of donnie.

i really dig the white shirt/black oufit look as well. the shirt is very well made.

Agreed, I had him posed in that for quite awhile, but after watching the film a few times I just had to go with the robe :D

When he rolls up a sleeve, it's on! :rock

Agreed, I had him posed in that for quite awhile, but after watching the film a few times I just had to go with the robe :D

When he rolls up a sleeve, it's on! :rock

100% this ^. the robe is the default look for me as well. watched it tonight with my brother who had never seen it. it got to the part of the duel between ip man and jin where ip man rolled up his sleeves and my brother was like, somebody's about to get their ass beat.

100% this ^. the robe is the default look for me as well. watched it tonight with my brother who had never seen it. it got to the part of the duel between ip man and jin where ip man rolled up his sleeves and my brother was like, somebody's about to get their ass beat.

:lol That scene is epic. Every fight scene in the first 2 films really is epic now that I think about it. I really wish they hadn't pulled a Rocky IV for the second half of Ip Man 3 but oh well, I liked half of it anyway :D

pics from ip still on the eb body...

163-1-1.jpg

156.jpg

151.jpg

137-2.jpg

that's as far as the arms will go in and hold a pose. when you tried to pose the arms tighter in and staighter they would just swing out again.

And is this on their newer body that came with the most recent models? If so, that's really bad.

Mine's on the stock body of earlier batches & faces the same problems. Did EB ever update the body for newer Ip Man releases?

%252B%252B%252BP1080604%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252B%252B%252BP1080683%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

%252B%252B%252BP1080674%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

Back