Enterbay IP MAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5099899714_641df1df6c_o_d.jpg

Finally hunted this down and ordered one of these babies :D Together with a Bruce FoF suit Donnie will be ready to take on 10 men again ;)

someone have the link for this head ? The quality is really better than the original ?

Hey guys, what do you think of the fact Ip man is still available at EB for 170 and he now comes with RM4?

Hey guys, what do you think of the fact Ip man is still available at EB for 170 and he now comes with RM4?

I think Enterbay hit a wall. The problems with their production factory. That their web site was suspended temporarily, due to non payment. I suspect :lol a financial problem.

Which leads me to suspect that is the reason for the GoD debacle, and not having final production pics of same. They needed to secure good pre-order figures to finance them through their difficulties. To move stock they are looking to liquify their existing assests to further secure their future.

Am I reading too much into this?

Could be that the Ip Man figure turned off a lot of buyers because the gaze looks funny, the sculpt is ok not great and the body was crap. Simply throwing a new body on it and knocking a few bucks off the price is not going to get people banging down the door for a figure that earned an early reputation for being average.

Could be that the Ip Man figure turned off a lot of buyers because the gaze looks funny, the sculpt is ok not great and the body was crap. Simply throwing a new body on it and knocking a few bucks off the price is not going to get people banging down the door for a figure that earned an early reputation for being average.

Very good point as usual LJ. Just seeing this available for $170 makes me want to pull the trigger since Donnie Yen is my favorite martial artist, even ahead of Bruce :monkey1

Can anyone tell me about the new body EB is including? Is it as reputable as the new True Types? If it is, then I'll pick up another Ip Man to go with the 2 Chen Zens and 2 BD sculpts in transport from HK :lol

I'd love a 2nd mook jong 1/6 too :rock

Very good point as usual LJ. Just seeing this available for $170 makes me want to pull the trigger since Donnie Yen is my favorite martial artist, even ahead of Bruce :monkey1

Can anyone tell me about the new body EB is including? Is it as reputable as the new True Types? If it is, then I'll pick up another Ip Man to go with the 2 Chen Zens and 2 BD sculpts in transport from HK :lol

Man I have been going to the site everyday tempted to grab one since I got my DX04... I want to let Bruce at the Wooden man a bit, and put the magnetic shoes on Bruce and have him do some wild poses, maybe each of them get magnetic shoes and have the fight scene of the century...

The RM4 is what comes on the Borne figure... from what I know it's stiff and good... but to me it's too big/tall especially for someone who should be around the height of Bruce...

Anyway just really surprises me they are available... I think you are all right.

Watch, the MINUTE I commit to wanting it... it will be sold out.

Man I have been going to the site everyday tempted to grab one since I got my DX04... I want to let Bruce at the Wooden man a bit, and put the magnetic shoes on Bruce and have him do some wild poses, maybe each of them get magnetic shoes and have the fight scene of the century...

The RM4 is what comes on the Borne figure... from what I know it's stiff and good... but to me it's too big/tall especially for someone who should be around the height of Bruce...

Anyway just really surprises me they are available... I think you are all right.

:goodpost:

That's exactly what I have going right now - Bruce & Ip Man training on a mook jong and I love it :rock

I'll have both in Kato displays and FoF displays in the next week or 2 :rock

The more Yen & Lee, the merrier! :D

The wooden dummy being made out of wood and not plastic was the surprise package of this figure. The metal plate and magnetic shoes were a nice feature too. I think $170 for this figure with a solid, poseable body, is a pretty good deal, and by the sounds of it you can't have too many Donnies :lol

The larger-than-it-oughta-be body is a downer, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker IMO. Although I agree with all the negative stuff that's been said about this figure, there is a lot to like about it as well (especially if you're a martial arts fan and not just a Donnie yen fan). If I didn't already have one, I'd be all over this one for $170 :)

The wooden dummy being made out of wood and not plastic was the surprise package of this figure. The metal plate and magnetic shoes were a nice feature too. I think $170 for this figure with a solid, poseable body, is a pretty good deal, and by the sounds of it you can't have too many Donnies :lol

The mook jong and metal plate are retailing for around 80 dollars atm. Might as well drop another 90 and get the total package :D

I love the magnetic base & shoes, I'm quite surprised nobody mentions them that often & that HT hasn't mimicked this with any current figures. If it has I'm not aware of any :monkey1

Gah, need some help from fellow Freak-a-zoids. :panic:

Ok, so I just got in this custom BD Donnie head (as well as a variant) :rock from Hong Kong but I need to order some kind of neck adapter for them.

Can someone give me info where to look for these? What size they run? And any other additional info?

Thanks!

What's wrong with the Enterbay IP figure? I have one that's still in the box I picked up last time I was in HK for my friend and it ended up he got one too. I'm not a fan so never opened it but it looks like an awesome figure.

As far as Enterbay's woes. I know that they had one of their factories go down. But that was a result of the factory owner and not Enterbay directly. And I know their website was down but are you sure it was for non-payment? Enterbay is a relatively new company and all new companies struggle.

I do notice that my Kaspersky goes into high alert whenever I visit the HT website and I've have at least 4 attacks from their site already. Three viruses and one trojan. Not sure what's going on there.

I may put EB IP up for sale in the future btw. But my friend tells me to hang on to it.

Gah, need some help from fellow Freak-a-zoids. :panic:

Ok, so I just got in this custom BD Donnie head (as well as a variant) :rock from Hong Kong but I need to order some kind of neck adapter for them.

Can someone give me info where to look for these? What size they run? And any other additional info?

Thanks!

The ball joint on the RM3 is the same as on a TTA body, so a TT neck post should do the trick. My body is a TTM16. The neck post looks like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Male-Ho...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item53e731bde1

..or with a head included:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Toy...355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item35b25e70a3

What's wrong with the Enterbay IP figure? I have one that's still in the box I picked up last time I was in HK for my friend and it ended up he got one too. I'm not a fan so never opened it but it looks like an awesome figure.

As far as Enterbay's woes. I know that they had one of their factories go down. But that was a result of the factory owner and not Enterbay directly. And I know their website was down but are you sure it was for non-payment? Enterbay is a relatively new company and all new companies struggle.

I do notice that my Kaspersky goes into high alert whenever I visit the HT website and I've have at least 4 attacks from their site already. Three viruses and one trojan. Not sure what's going on there.

I may put EB IP up for sale in the future btw. But my friend tells me to hang on to it.

EB a new company, are you kidding? All of their current woes are entirely of their own making. They have failed to adapt to the competition (driven mostly by HT, but there are other players circling) and as such are struggling. As for Ip, the main troubles with the figure are the awful RM3 body. I understand EB are now shipping IP with a RM4 body, so maybe this will resolve the floppy joints and awful giraffe neck. Aside from this the figure is a decent one, with an ok-not-great sculpt, and the final paint app is not as strong as the proto pics; and gaze is a bit short-focused. The tailoring and wooden dummy are the strongest components of this package IMO.

This is a decent figure, but it is certainly not an awesome figure. Hence EB have slashed its price and are offering it with a new body.

No need to get testy. I wasn't picking a fight - just asking for clarification.

How long has EB been around? About 7 years? 8? IMO - most companies start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (if they're lucky) after around 10 years. That's why I consider them a relatively new company. I consider HT a relatively young company too. When you consider that companies like Hasbro and Mattel still continue to struggle after being in business for decades -then you have to be a little more understanding of the trials that a small company like EB is going through.

Before my own company got bought - it was 6 years of ups and downs. Very few companies start and just shoot on a straight arc up. I guarantee you that if we got a glimpse of the accounting for HT or Medicom, etc. you'll see dips and miss steps a plenty. That's the rigors of business. Or else anyone can just start a company and be successful.

I haven't opened EB IP so I'm not aware of the flaws with it. Mine has the new body I believe.

No need to get testy. I wasn't picking a fight - just asking for clarification.

How long has EB been around? About 7 years? 8? IMO - most companies start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (if they're lucky) after around 10 years. That's why I consider them a relatively new company. I consider HT a relatively young company too. When you consider that companies like Hasbro and Mattel still continue to struggle after being in business for decades -then you have to be a little more understanding of the trials that a small company like EB is going through.

Before my own company got bought - it was 6 years of ups and downs. Very few companies start and just shoot on a straight arc up. I guarantee you that if we got a glimpse of the accounting for HT or Medicom, etc. you'll see dips and miss steps a plenty. That's the rigors of business. Or else anyone can just start a company and be successful.

I haven't opened EB IP so I'm not aware of the flaws with it. Mine has the new body I believe.

I'm not getting testy, just laying it out as I see it :)

I have no sympathy for EB - their business model is rubbish and they're paying the price for it. They need to get in an outsider to shake them up before they become totally irrelevant IMO.

It's also a little simplistic to say "all of their woes are entirely of their own making". And it shows a lack of business understanding. From what I've been told - the factory that went under wasn't owned by EB but was a contracted to handle part of EB production. Every toy maker has to sub-contract out production. Do you think HT does everything inhouse? I doubt it. So EB can't be faulted if one sub-contractor goes under. all EB can do as a responsible company is to try to bypass that obstacle - which it sounds like they've done (or are trying to). What more can be expected? My own company partnered with GO Networks (remember them?). GO promptly went under about 6 months later even though they had $$$$$$ and took a huge chunk out of my companie's revenue etc. Was that all my own doing? Or was it just unfortunate circumstances that all businesses risk?

Just my observation - but I remember back when Hot Toys first started making a splash with the first "Batman Begins" figure; everyone was griping about how much those cost. I remember a bunch of comments about how HT was raping collectors etc with their high prices. But now we see that HT wasn't raping anyone - they were struggling to get a foothold in the industry. So if you notice that as collectors slowly adjusted to the raised bar in quality, etc that HT represented - their prices started to level out. They had their hickups and misfires as well. I see Enterbay in the exact same way. Hopefully they make it through the current circumstances and continue to improve their products. But I'm not such a cynic that at the first misstep - I cancel my EB orders. Their prices can never go down if every collector has that approach.

And it shows a lack of business understanding.

This is a requirement for pretty much all the Enterbay bashers.

Back