Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind a Rambo 1/First Blood version with the Grey singlet.

I'm happy with the M65 Jacket version already :clap

Now if only we knew what "launch" meant... I'm assuming it's the pre-order (as in, the PO will be up ten days after the official pics are shown this month)? Or does it mean the PO goes up along with the official pics and the final product is actually released ten days later?

Now if only we knew what "launch" meant... I'm assuming it's the pre-order (as in, the PO will be up ten days after the official pics are shown this month)? Or does it mean the PO goes up along with the official pics and the final product is actually released ten days later?

I'm thinking they release the specs and pics 10 days before it goes up for order.

The sculpt isn't perfect, but im sure in hand it'll look 10x better. Still the best Stallone likeness out there imo.

The launch would most likely be the opening of the product for pre-order opportunity.. which is all I care about right now. I came into this hobby very late, wherein I had to chase every mother-effin' Hot Toys Rambo and buy them at high-aftermarket prices.

This is the first time I'll pre-order a Rambo action figure (although 1/4).. This is a good year to be a fan of espionage & war heroes (Metal Gear Solid & Rambo fan here)! :hi5:

Nah, it's just that we're "sad and pathetic complainers who'll find all kinds of faults with it". :rolleyes:

Somebody post this on Bill's Facebook. This otherwise excellent headsculpt needs droopier eyes:

14ebramboiiiebretoc4rid.jpg

Wow, that extra white underneath his irises because of the droopier eyelid really makes a big difference. I'm sorry but the 'complainers', annoying though they seem to be to some, are an asset that should be taken advantage of. One person sculpting something can easily persuade themselves that there is no way to get the likeness closer but clearly in this case there is. This is why EB should show their sculpts earlier and get feedback in enough time to make changes. If there is complaints see which ones are the most common and what photoshops demonstrate the problem most clearly. 'Passion for Perfection'? Great, but this is one way you might achieve it as a backup if you are unsure whether you've got a perfect sculpt on your hands on the first prototype reveal. And I don't think there would be any shame in actually looking for fan input.

This one is close, so close to literal perfection if they just make the tiny changes necessary. If theres time (and there may not be) they should give it another whack.

Bill has responded to your comments and posts of the photoshop of the sculpt:

"Enterbay Bill: thx idea guys, it is final and everything is set"

He said it was the final production sculpt in his last post so I'm not sure what you guys expected him to do. Looks amazing to me, EB can just take all my money :D

Yeah thats what we figured. I just don't particularly like that strategy of only show it at the last minute and post nothing but boring teasers of foreheads and weapons in the meantime.

Oh well. So now its just buy or don't buy time! :D

But he loses that aggression a bit with the modified eyes though.

I'm sure it will look better in hand. The lighting in that picture makes his eyes look a lot closer to his brows than it really is.

Well after all, we are basing our judgements on only two simple photos (probably taken on his iPhone)...let's wait until proper specs and pictures come out before we really start jumping to conclusions.

And Andrew, who are you kidding, you know you will get this bad boy to grace your 1/4 Arnie :D :1-1:

Well after all, we are basing our judgements on only two simple photos (probably taken on his iPhone)...let's wait until proper specs and pictures come out before we really start jumping to conclusions.

And Andrew, who are you kidding, you know you will get this bad boy to grace your 1/4 Arnie :D :1-1:

Nah I'll get the other 1/4 Arnies to grace my 1/4 Arnie! :lol

In an ideal world I'd get this too but I just can't. Gotta stick to the childhood favourites and for whatever reason Rambo was never one of mine.

Oh well. So now its just buy or don't buy time! :D

Buy it is, then. :)

It's Rambo (which is something you don't see every day) and it puts HT's attempts to shame. However great the newer ones were (their civilian attire 'First Blood' Sly was fantastic), this figure will look unreal. The eyes aren't quite perfect, but Stallone is there. In-hand, it'll be a grail. The life-like quality of the paint apps also push it over the edge.

Someone posted a while back that Bill said there'd be basic articulation, or something to that extent. What's "basic"? It'd be nice if they could develop a new body so he'd have Arnold-esque poseablity, but without the clunkiness. Take the HT Hawkeye joints for instance. They're visible, but they don't look as awkward as EB's T-800 does nude.

Guys, the reality is Stallone is a strange looking man, and it is VERY difficult to accurately capture his likeness. I have said this since the Rambo PF days.

Example:

Look at the picture on the right. It's more accurate, yet it doesn't seem right because of how weird he looks. Strange looking dude
14ebramboiiiebretoc4rid.jpg

As much as I've been waiting for Rambo I won't buy this figure if the sculpt turns out to be like the prototype. The photoshoped version looks worlds different. If it's to be released end of May they're not gonna have time to fix it for sure. EB, do the right thing....delay the release for whatever time needed to get the eyes right. I think that I speak for majority.

Wow, that extra white underneath his irises because of the droopier eyelid really makes a big difference. I'm sorry but the 'complainers', annoying though they seem to be to some, are an asset that should be taken advantage of. One person sculpting something can easily persuade themselves that there is no way to get the likeness closer but clearly in this case there is. This is why EB should show their sculpts earlier and get feedback in enough time to make changes. If there is complaints see which ones are the most common and what photoshops demonstrate the problem most clearly. 'Passion for Perfection'? Great, but this is one way you might achieve it as a backup if you are unsure whether you've got a perfect sculpt on your hands on the first prototype reveal. And I don't think there would be any shame in actually looking for fan input.

This one is close, so close to literal perfection if they just make the tiny changes necessary. If theres time (and there may not be) they should give it another whack.

I just don't particularly like that strategy of only show it at the last minute and post nothing but boring teasers of foreheads and weapons in the meantime.

Well put, and agreed.

EB, do the right thing....delay the release for whatever time needed to get the eyes right. I think that I speak for majority.

Too late. Bill said the sculpt is final. Oh, well.

Still the best Stallone likeness out there imo.

Sure it is, it's just a pity they didn't go the extra mile.

I wouldn't mind a Rambo 1/First Blood version with the Grey singlet.

I'm happy with the M65 Jacket version already :clap

I actually would be all over a First Blood 1:4 much rather than to RIII. Hopefully it'd have a revised headsculpt, too. What do you guys think the chances are of them releasing one? Does anybody know whether Hot Toys holds the rights to that one or something?

Back