Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah..not a dead on sculpt but I think I'm getting it....1/4 scale has so much presence when displayed and as long as they get the proportions right like the T800..I'm in....

Rob

That's something I'm eager to see, the Ht figures always looked stretched out cuz the body was more like a 6 foot person and Stallone's stumper looking, they got Barney Ross' proportions right.

I sort of respected the way First Blood was an action movie without the killing, really hard combination to get right. So I think I'd prefer a First Blood one. But Part Two had the bow and stuff and was a good movie... Not sure why EB chose III

Wow... amazing work by EB, specially considering it's production piece... not surprised by the nit-picking, T-800 got the same crap when it was originally shown. Now it's considered the best Arnie Terminator... :wave

I don't think anyone criticized the T800 beyond the initial proto sculpt which EB even agreed with remakes since they eventually fixed it. I disliked it originally, the revisions won me over, I this is what ships, I will always see it as flawed.

I don't think anyone criticized the T800 beyond the initial proto sculpt which EB even agreed with remakes since they eventually fixed it. I disliked it originally, the revisions won me over, I this is what ships, I will always see it as flawed.

On the HT T-800 thread they 'diss' the EB figure quite a lot

Not sure why EB chose III

Hot Toys.

The HT Rambo 3 is regarded as their best Rambo, and by some one of ther beat figures ever. Plus, HT did a 1/4 scale Rambo 3 bust.

This is another chance for EB to take a shot back at HT. If they fix the face, I would give EB the win, I have faith in their body as stuff an their hair is already more true to Sly's than HT.

On the HT T-800 thread they 'diss' the EB figure quite a lot

Yeah the reference here was to the folks who were critical then changed their minds, but I believe those folks were critical of Leader T800 and loved the fixed one and rightly so, the early portrait sucked and they did a great job cleaning it up.

Disagree, to me, T800 is Arnie right out of the movie, but this portrait requires an effort to see Sly in it, and it's not cuz I like T2 more, Rambo is my most favorite character ever, I care a lot about how this turns out and it's not there, but Arnie had his jumbo forehead in the early sculpt and that was fixed so hopefully there is time for Rambo.

You're right, with the glasses on it's Arnold. Glasses removed it really reminds me of this sculpt.

Yeah the reference here was to the folks who were critical then changed their minds, but I believe those folks were critical of Leader T800 and loved the fixed one and rightly so, the early portrait sucked and they did a great job cleaning it up.

Apart from that damned Captain Janeway bun-hair. Still bugs me. So close but for.....

I'm still in shock and awe at how realistic the sculpt is.... it is excellent likeness of Sly IMO... can't wait to see all the awesome accessories that EB has in store for us :D

Arnold will finally have a friend to share his detolf! :lol :yess:

Stick this sculpt on a body holding the bow and arrow and it's going to kick massive amounts of ass. Can't wait to see the specs.

You're right, with the glasses on it's Arnold. Glasses removed it really reminds me of this sculpt.

I think T800 is pretty close with glasses off, at least more than Rambo, but I will say, based on The two, eyes are a weakness for EB's sculptor(s), and with Rambo, you can't hide it.

I think T800 is pretty close with glasses off, at least more than Rambo, but I will say, based on The two, eyes are a weakness for EB's sculptor(s), and with Rambo, you can't hide it.

Have you ever thought maybe the eyes are too deep set on the T-800? I think they might be, apart from that though they definitely look like Arnie's eyes to me. And the only other thing thats a bit dodgy is the painting of the skin around the eyes - it makes him look like he was recently crying and rubbing his eyes.

Have you ever thought maybe the eyes are too deep set on the T-800? I think they might be, apart from that though they definitely look like Arnie's eyes to me. And the only other thing thats a bit dodgy is the painting of the skin around the eyes - it makes him look like he was recently crying and rubbing his eyes.

YES. I've always thought the eyes are too deep. Makes him look unintelligent, which Arnie is not.

The likeness is Incredible!!! It looks better than their T-800 imo. I passed on the T-800 to get this, and im glad i did.:yess:

YES. I've always thought the eyes are too deep. Makes him look unintelligent, which Arnie is not.

Could be, I mean even here, they look like Stallone's eyes, but I think the size of the eyes to the rest of his face and the shape of the face are making it look off.

hmmm idk, I think the Photoshopped one looks like Rambo if he were about to cry:lol

I think it retains the essence if sly/Rambo. Small tweak and it's perfect.

You don't want to slant his eye brows much, it will lose the aggression and angst. This sculpt is diverse enough at this moment.

Initial impressions blow me away.

You know, this can only get better for Rocky Balboa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back