Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what rubber stuff you have. The rubbery material on the T800 is a soft rubber that doesn't crack because it's very flappy to say the least. It's not likely to deteriorate too soon.

I hope this has the posable eyes and they don't paint them sideways like that, I hate web companies do that, it's so limiting for poses and especially now where HT and EB have posable eye technology.

I'm not sure what rubber stuff you have. The rubbery material on the T800 is a soft rubber that doesn't crack because it's very flappy to say the least. It's not likely to deteriorate too soon.

Hopefully you're right but even then it shouldn't happen at all.
Enterbay and hot toys figures in the past have both had deterioration problems so I'm just guessing these wont be any different over time.

I will say that sculpt looks great, to bad I don't collect 1/4 scale:( Still looking forward to seeing the full reveil thought, wonder how the body will turn out. There is two things I hope enterbay fixes with there figures is that the skintone matches thoughout the body and that they use black fabric that don't stain the body. This could be a grail piece for alot of people so I hope it comes out great, I would buy in a heartbeat if in 1:6 but I'm sure one will be coming at some point in the future from ether hot toys or enterbay.

I'm not that big of a Rambo fan, but HOLY ____!!! If they continue to release this caliber of work, they may surpass Hot Toys. I know that's said a lot, but this likeness is dead-on, and the paintwork is on par with HT, and, judging by the MIB pic Bill posted, their tailoring seems better than a lot of the stuff HT has put out, and it seems like each release is treated with the same quality packaging as a Hot Toys DX. That being said, it's good for us on both fields, as, hopefully, Hot Toys will take heed of this subject and work to stay level with EB. Back on topic: After seeing this, I can only imagine the visual spectacle that was this, the T-800, Batman, and Joker all standing on Bill's desk. :drool Now, bring on the full specs!

I think their sculpts have surpassed Hot Toys on the mark of realism when you combine the paint job. There's a certain aesthetic to Hot Toys headsculpts where they wipe out all the flaws of the characters look and just leave in the traits of facial recognition.

Look at the new Noland closely. You'll know what I'm talking about. Something is usually off.

522904_306476749426865_100001936270990_711010_1777142985_n.jpg

Like I say it's a good likeness but not incredible

Eyes are a little small and face looks a little thin, if anything. But i'm sure the Rambo fans will be more than happy with it

It's a lifelike looking portrait, but the face is off enough, I don't easily see Stallone in the portrait except his nose and lips, compared to the T-800 this is quite off.

For someone who owns all the Hot Toys Rambo figures, I'd say this is a nice upgrade from the early-releases.

Hot Toys Rambo 3 can still go head-to-head with today's headsculpts in terms of likeness, but this one is just very lifelike :clap

I think this looks amazing. I'd prefer as a 1:6 but would likely pick this up as a 1:4 as long as the body doesn't look weird. Enterbay is really upping its game. Good to have them breathing down HT's back.

It's a lifelike looking portrait, but the face is off enough, I don't easily see Stallone in the portrait except his nose and lips, compared to the T-800 this is quite off.

My first reaction was definitely 'Wow' but yeah after those comparison side-by-sides with the real Stallone it looks more Stallone-esque than a dead-on sculpt. Looks very Rambo at least.

For someone who owns all the Hot Toys Rambo figures, I'd say this is a nice upgrade from the early-releases.

Hot Toys Rambo 3 can still go head-to-head with today's headsculpts in terms of likeness, but this one is just very lifelike :clap

Same here, have the HT figures, HCG statues, Sideshow pieces, this is easily the most lifelike all, but sadly, I feel like it's one of the more off likenesses, it's close but the eyes especially need work.

on par with their HD-1004 T2 likeness

It looks like him about as much as you want it to...similar to the T2 figure

Disagree, to me, T800 is Arnie right out of the movie, but this portrait requires an effort to see Sly in it, and it's not cuz I like T2 more, Rambo is my most favorite character ever, I care a lot about how this turns out and it's not there, but Arnie had his jumbo forehead in the early sculpt and that was fixed so hopefully there is time for Rambo.

yeah..not a dead on sculpt but I think I'm getting it....1/4 scale has so much presence when displayed and as long as they get the proportions right like the T800..I'm in....

Rob

Wow... amazing work by EB, specially considering it's production piece... not surprised by the nit-picking, T-800 got the same crap when it was originally shown. Now it's considered the best Arnie Terminator... :wave

Back