Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you want this.

8177995588_53d309f399_o.jpg

You know you want this.

8177995588_53d309f399_o.jpg

Yeah that right there is epic ...and pretty much how I'd display him.
Most pics seem to have people trying to throw everything on at once ....less is more :)

I'm curious, can he do a kneeling pose? (one leg forward, foot planted flat, one leg back, knee/shin on ground)

Anyone dirtier up their Rambo?

If I buy, I'd like to distress the clothes a little ...nothing hard ...just desert dust ...maybe even just some chalk dust or something :)

Anyone dirtier up their Rambo?

If I buy, I'd like to distress the clothes a little ...nothing hard ...just desert dust ...maybe even just some chalk dust or something :)

Hey Sab, I did that with mine brother :) although you may not be able to see it much from the pic, it certainly added to the realism with the backdrop...

c4b0f94a3825ce41d5effc0d66e04953.jpg

Hey Sab, I did that with mine brother :) although you may not be able to see it much from the pic, it certainly added to the realism with the backdrop...

c4b0f94a3825ce41d5effc0d66e04953.jpg

I'm definitely aware of your two amazing displays! ...and the fact you don't seem to be able to hold on to them :rotfl

May I ask how you achieved the distressed 'dusted up' look? Have you painted him or just rubbed something on there?

For me the best representation of Stallone! Enterbay when you decide to make out Rocky 1/4? Enterbay like Hot Toys brings out 3000 versions of michael jordan! No more NBA now!

I'm definitely aware of your two amazing displays! ...and the fact you don't seem to be able to hold on to them :rotfl

May I ask how you achieved the distressed 'dusted up' look? Have you painted him or just rubbed something on there?

:lol thanks so much Steve for the kind words :) and yes...your right about me not being able to hold on to him :( that's twice now that I've owned him and each time I regrettably sold him...however let me explain why I did so cos I really did want to keep the figure both times.

So this display you see above, I was approached by a fellow collector who wanted to trade this figure, which cost me around $300, for the Sideshow Original Comic Thor PF, which costs pretty much double what I paid for Rambo :horror so that was more or a less a no brainer as I'm also a massive fan of that particular Thor piece. So a few months had passed and I started to miss my Rambo and one day I managed to secure a great deal for a BNIB figure for $200 was it? I'd have to scroll back on this thread as it could have even been less than that :horror all I know was that it was a crazy deal :lol So for this one I decided to purchase a custom 'afghanistan theme' base for him and went for the more conventional 'museum pose' and for me personally, was my favourite display of the two :)

a8516f95736b25ef5173710d7ca9ab20.jpg

0ae49d389410567e389701361033f5ae.jpg

After posting the pics on the forums I was once again approached by another collector and huge Rambo fan who had seen the pics and offered me a staggering $1200 for the display :thud: so once again, as much as loved the figure, it was a price I just couldn't turn down as you can appreciate :)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having him in my collection and maybe one day i'll get him back a 3rd time :lol but I can only agree with everyone else on this thread when they say that its probably the best representation of a Rambo collectible by a country mile :)

In regards to the weathered look on my first display, I just coated my fingers in chalk dust and ran my fingers across parts of the clothing to achieve the desired look...pretty straight forward. The rocks in the background are actually real and were mega heavy!!! :lol

so go and get brucey then andy:lol have you seen the latest pics.?

I have indeed Chris! Very encouraging indeed, however, I finally cancelled my order last week buddy :( Unfortunately it was a matter of finance that determined my decision in the end...but I'm really happy for you guys that have him coming cos it looked so much better from those last pics :rock

:lol thanks so much Steve for the kind words :) and yes...your right about me not being able to hold on to him :( that's twice now that I've owned him and each time I regrettably sold him...however let me explain why I did so cos I really did want to keep the figure both times.

So this display you see above, I was approached by a fellow collector who wanted to trade this figure, which cost me around $300, for the Sideshow Original Comic Thor PF, which costs pretty much double what I paid for Rambo :horror so that was more or a less a no brainer as I'm also a massive fan of that particular Thor piece. So a few months had passed and I started to miss my Rambo and one day I managed to secure a great deal for a BNIB figure for $200 was it? I'd have to scroll back on this thread as it could have even been less than that :horror all I know was that it was a crazy deal :lol So for this one I decided to purchase a custom 'afghanistan theme' base for him and went for the more conventional 'museum pose' and for me personally, was my favourite display of the two :)
After posting the pics on the forums I was once again approached by another collector and huge Rambo fan who had seen the pics and offered me a staggering $1200 for the display :thud: so once again, as much as loved the figure, it was a price I just couldn't turn down as you can appreciate :)

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss having him in my collection and maybe one day i'll get him back a 3rd time :lol but I can only agree with everyone else on this thread when they say that its probably the best representation of a Rambo collectible by a country mile :)

In regards to the weathered look on my first display, I just coated my fingers in chalk dust and ran my fingers across parts of the clothing to achieve the desired look...pretty straight forward. The rocks in the background are actually real and were mega heavy!!! :lol

haha fair enough, hard to turn down for those offers!
I don't think you'd posted specifics before, I'd always wondered (as I'm sure did others!) what exactly the great offers were that would cause you to part with this beast ...twice! :D

This guy is one of the best 1/4 figs out there. The details and Young Stallone give it all. Whoever got this, will never regret getting it!
This fig has no issue that we need to worry so far I concerned.

It's too bad the 1/4 scale didn't really take off, some great pieces, some quick sell outs but you can still get some at retail from EB direct, would have liked to see more Rambos but he's definitely a slow seller for the HD line.

I guess is due to its size also. It is so spacey consuming. So peeps must really pay attention what to keep on 1/4, while 1/6 is different story.
It's too bad the 1/4 scale didn't really take off, some great pieces, some quick sell outs but you can still get some at retail from EB direct, would have liked to see more Rambos but he's definitely a slow seller for the HD line.

True, but I would think there'd be a balance. Of Enterbay's whole 1/4th offering, only the 2 T-800s, Rambo, T-1000 and Michael Jordan have really interested me, that's not a great deal of space, space is a bigger issure for any folks trying to collect them all but is that really the majority of buyers, would the majority really want everything.

We've got to remember their entire 1/4 line was essentially based on a loophole.
Hot Toys grabbed every 1/6 figure license they could ....Sideshow got everything 1/4 statue license.
Enterbay figured out no one had a 1/4 figure license and they quickly bought up big licenses at the same time - Rambo, Rocky, Terminator, Batman, etc...
Hot Toys quickly closed the loophole and now make sure they sew up scales they don't intend to use.

Back