Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has arrived this morning ....seller was good enough to check on the dreaded Enterbay QC before so I was at least guaranteed there would be no awful surprise! So looks great and no body seam or shoulder issues.

It is extremely frustrating to try and get the shoulders to sit without showing massive joint gaps....once I think its right and finish adjusting, it settles downwards and reveals a hole anyway :mad:
At the moment I definitely prefer using the archer bag over one shoulder gap and slinging the AK47 over the other to cover that side.
And as I think, every single owner has said, its an utterly bizarre decision by Enterbay to fully sculpt boots, locking in place the ankle joint and ensure there is no way to do any pose other than a straight forward stiff stance. .....but I've long since known about that so not bothered.

The headsculpt, body and accessories are easily right around the top of best collectibles ever. A way underrated piece I think because of its odd position on the market ...figure joints turning off the statue people, the massive 1/4 size (and price) turning off the 1/6 figure people.
Definitely an imposing piece on the shelf though and am glad I got one of the last remaining ones at retail prices!

We've got to remember their entire 1/4 line was essentially based on a loophole.
Hot Toys grabbed every 1/6 figure license they could ....Sideshow got everything 1/4 statue license.
Enterbay figured out no one had a 1/4 figure license and they quickly bought up big licenses at the same time - Rambo, Rocky, Terminator, Batman, etc...
Hot Toys quickly closed the loophole and now make sure they sew up scales they don't intend to use.

And NECA owns it for The Avengers, Alien, Predator, Halo, Pacific Rim, Batman and Superman it seems. I really wish that Enterbay could have snatched up some of those licenses. I'm surprised they have not done Star Trek or X-Men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And NECA owns it for The Avengers, Alien, Predator, Halo, Pacific Rim, Batman and Superman it seems. I really wish that Enterbay could have snatched up some of those licenses. I'm surprised they have not done Star Trek or X-Men.

That would be very interesting to know for sure.

Often licenses are separated by price / category in market price .... Neca obviously make a much cheaper product aimed at a slightly different market.
I'd be surprised if they were granted exclusive license for 1/4 articulated figure at that low price point ....but you might be right!

Reposed him with nothing but the AK47 and no other accessories ...less is more I think ....and having to push the arms forward to achieve both hands holding the rifle across the body helps to close the shoulder gaps as well. Definitely the way to pose him I think!

Reposed him with nothing but the AK47 and no other accessories ...less is more I think ....and having to push the arms forward to achieve both hands holding the rifle across the body helps to close the shoulder gaps as well. Definitely the way to pose him I think!

Congrats steve :clap looking forward to those pics :) those points you made about the lack of articulation in the boots reminded me of the one real negative point about the figure. Certainly frustrating when trying to bang out some cool poses...but overall, the definitive Rambo collectible :)

With some gentle work, you can get some front to back posability out of the ankles. I don't have a photo online but I can post later, i was able to get some to get him in a cool pose on the display stand besides just a boring upright posture.

With some gentle work, you can get some front to back posability out of the ankles. I don't have a photo online but I can post later, i was able to get some to get him in a cool pose on the display stand besides just a boring upright posture.

Oh really?! That would be cool to see. I didn't think it was even something that could be attempted based on how the boots are.

Finally had a chance to set this guy up after being boxed for a month.

What a figure. Best Sly representation other than the real thing ever. VERY happy with it.

A beast of a figure. Quite exceptional work by Enterbay.

4c0657a9cf51e457f0e363c9d9415585.jpg

anyone looking to sell theirs...let me know....thanks...:)

I was just going to ask the same question, am not really into figures am a statue collector, but the head sculpt on this figure is amazing. I wish someone would do a 1/4 Rambo III statue in the stick fighting position, love that opening scene.

Thanks for the stick fighting pics, I hope we see some new 1/6 and 1/4 Rambo and Rocky figs or statues soon, it's been a while for both.

I bought one of these when they came out, it's a great piece though it's my only 1/4. I wish they'd do some new 1/6 versions. Not sure if I'll keep this guy, it's really nice but trying to thin the collection.

Back