Enterbay: GODFATHER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bruce Lee figures are expensive, all the other Enterbay figures haven't been.

Yeah the Bruce Lee figs that I've seen are over 300. If this wont be that pricey then its a possibility I may get him. Would be cool, it would be my first Enterbay fig. For now though I do have the Hot Toys fig of him ordered...

I ordered the HT figure today... but I'll be watching Enterbay to see if I need to jump ship or not.

is it just me or does he look like he has one too many donuts? something about the eyes look off, but still a great figure. glad i ordered the ht one

Here is a lightened version of the Enterbay image:

30cn4m1.jpg

EB's version looks like Don Correleone from the earlier scenes in the movie. Hot Toys' version looks like Don Correleone after the assassination attempt.

Enterbay doesn't disappoint. What surprised me (or doesn't anymore) is how far Hot Toys is ascending Enterbay's ladder in quality. Something I couldn't say even a year ago.

Anyway, can't wait till we see more pics. If the Enterbay Vito came with a diorama but not the chair, I'd have to get the HT figure also! My poor wallet weeps.

A major deciding factor for will be the chair, I'm leaning more towards Enterbay
since I absolutely love their work but if it doesn't come with a chair I might just
get HT.

The Enterbay sculpt is too podgy and baby-faced, period. As for the eyes I expect they'll be moveable.

If the HT production piece is as good as the prototype it will be the clear winner based on what we've seen so far.

This is a very tell tale point in Enterbays existence, seeing how small an enterprise they are and considering the economic situation. To start out they had to make an impact and bring in revenue, and to that point they have succeeded with the Bruce Lee figures. Since then they have had success with the lower priced Jet Li figure and it remains to be seen how they fair with Mr Bean and the Don. I feel the 24 figures will be another feather in their cap. For their future they have the Bruce Lee big Boss and Kato figures and Jackie Chan figures coming, that will certainly be successful.

It is more than interesting that both Hot Toys and Enterbay have this particular licence and are releasing it around the same time. Hot Toys are established, and really their reputation will make this another one of their successes. Enterbays commitment to excellence in their product doesn't necessarily ensure their success this time around. Hot Toy has the jump on them and many are looking to buy one or the other. Many have already made their choice. This puts Enterbay behind the 8 ball.

Hot Toys will be receiving numerous pre-orders and planning their production runs. I dare say the Don is that popular there may be more than two production runs for this figure. This will sap the market that Enterbay are looking to delve into. Without much detail as to price and accessories, let alone pics, I will be waiting to see if they defer from their previous line of attaining their goal, which has been patience and precision. Choosing to virtually have their figures ready to ship before announcing complete disclosure on what consumers will be getting for their dollar and anticipation. What will they do to lure the market toward their product. Hot Toys has come out firing their big guns by including the chair, plus a bonus hat for the elite. What will or can Enterbay do to top the illustrious Hot Toys? It is rather exciting. A high quality diorama, as plasmid has just suggested, will definitely put the price into the Bruce Lee range. If they choose that route buyers will flock to the Hot Toys product. If they stick to the $150 price point, which you have to admit would be hard, considering the economic shift at this time, then Hot Toys have a competitor to reckon with. Has anyone noticed the drop in price Hot Toys have put on their more recent figures? On the Don I would say it reflects the anticipated popularity of the figure and will probably be the largest edition size of any of their figure thus far.

On the other hand, Enterbay may have this particular figure earmarked for their high end range and not compete at the Hot Toys price level at all. All very interesting.

Many are not biting because of the one solitary teaser Enterbay has shown. A shaded pic at that, but many are already able to tell just from that one pic. All very uninteresting.

Looks like Dave was right.

15wkjsl.jpg

I see he'll have a cat as well.

Wow, such great craftsmanship in the chair, I'm very hyped about seeing the
whole figure. I'm curious as to what type of body the figure will employ.
I have no idea what sort of bodies does Enterbay use or do they simply
make unique bodies like they did for their Bruce Lee figures.

Spoke with Enterbay again today.

Eyes are not movable and no way that the end user can move the eyes as it will be done in the production process, this new process will make the eyes look more natural as there will be a slight gap in the eyeball and eye lids.

This new technique will make the 24 characters as well as the Godfather very realistic.

It does not replace the movable eyeball system, its just that Bruce Lee and Mr Bean had the movable eyeball system because you are able to play around with the characters expression, I would think that they would use the 360 eyeball system again on Jackie Chan, as you can't have him looking in just one direction!

As for price for Godfather I will update once I have the info

Last edited:
Big thing will be Enterbay making sure the production is as good as proto. If that happens with Bauer I think they'll be in a great position.

Although, for volume of product they are a lot less than HT... will be interesting to see if they keep the same pace or start adding more.

My only concern for the Enterbay Godfather is that they won't do anything to his body to adjust the proportions. Enterbay's bodies all have those really sloping shoulders and thin frames. Hopefully they know there's no way to do this figure justice on an existing body of theirs.

I see that EB has great quality. What I dont get is how they are considered by some top dog when,they have only produced such a small quantity of very expensive figures. $300+.
Ive see the Bruce Lee figure up close. Its amazing yes, but $300+?
To be fair, the 24 figures are slick looking and at a much fair price. I pre-ordered the HT Don and am waiting on more pics, but I can assure you that if the price is the same as the Bruce Lee figs, that'll be a big no for me.

All I know is they better release some photos if they want to compete. Hot Toys is up for order everywhere now and with people putting orders in for that one they may not see the point in canceling an order if the Enterbay is just a little better. It's obviously ready to be shown, so let's see it Enterbay.

Back