Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks axe. Ive took note of those colours.
Did you finish it off by sealing it with a clear matte or satin paint? Thats something I still need to do for my BD terminator "repaint".

None of them friend, it was 1.30am when I finished it, sat with it from 12am or so... never painted any figure before this other than a NECA Berserker Predator... no idea what these are. But by the sound of it I think this clear matter will be good as satin may look too glossy to go with the surrounding skin... however too much matte makes it flat. Id say use satin first but sparingly, almost like dry brushing. Itll probably seal well without being too smooth and glossy.Actually the contours and texture of the skin in the sculpt is very important... the better the inherent texture/contours the better the dry brushing effect. You shouldnt have a problem. HT, EB sculpts are the best things in the market...

BTW whatll happen if I DONT use a sealer? the paint seems fine as it is... :dunno

I am finally back online with my personal computer without having to surf on my cell phone ! ....so, what have I missed ???
smiley.gif

:blissy

Btw, Axeman, I am a little confused now: Are you or are you not going to return the rub stained heads ?

Btw, Axeman, I am a little confused now: Are you or are you not going to return the rub stained heads ?

You mean head right? My smiling head is flawless, it was the BD head that had a paint rub on the tip of the nose

At the moment I dont think I will... but lets see how the paint holds up.. if it stays the way it looks, no point returning the head. Itll save me a lot of certainty and hassle, also seeing the way things are going... Im feeling encouraged to repaint it like the Beijing Proto... too bad I dunno how to make the sweat effect. If I knew then i could surely do it...

(maybe my experiment going right is giving me too much confidence at the moment, maybe I wont feel like this tommorow morning when I wake up :lol )

None of them friend, it was 1.30am when I finished it, sat with it from 12am or so... never painted any figure before this other than a NECA Berserker Predator... no idea what these are. But by the sound of it I think this clear matter will be good as satin may look too glossy to go with the surrounding skin... however too much matte makes it flat. Id say use satin first but sparingly, almost like dry brushing. Itll probably seal well without being too smooth and glossy.Actually the contours and texture of the skin in the sculpt is very important... the better the inherent texture/contours the better the dry brushing effect. You shouldnt have a problem. HT, EB sculpts are the best things in the market...

BTW whatll happen if I DONT use a sealer? the paint seems fine as it is... :dunno

Im not sure what will happen in the long run if you dont use sealer(hopefully nothing will happen if its left alone).
But I did a little test before I painted my BD terminator - which is also my first and only paintjob, by the way!
I wanted to see how easily the paint would come off without a sealer.
I found that you can easily scratch or rub the paint off...especially if the paint is undiluted.
But yeah, I think it will be fine if no one deliberately tries to rub if off.:lol :dunno

I need to learn more about it and finally put a seal on it.

Im not sure what will happen in the long run if you dont use sealer(hopefully nothing will happen if its left alone).
But I did a little test before I painted my BD terminator - which is also my first and only paintjob, by the way!
I wanted to see how easily the paint would come off without a sealer.
I found that you can easily scratch or rub the paint off...especially if the paint is undiluted.
But yeah, I think it will be fine if no one deliberately tries to rub if off.:lol :dunno

I need to learn more about it and finally put a seal on it.

Cool, maybe you can teach me what its about... and what and how I should use it... The way things are going Im tempted to repaint more and more of the head to make it look like the Beijing Expo Proto...

You just have to teach me how to get the sweat effect :lol

Cool, maybe you can teach me what its about... and what and how I should use it... The way things are going Im tempted to repaint more and more of the head to make it look like the Beijing Expo Proto...

You just have to teach me how to get the sweat effect :lol

Dont worry, bro. I will tell all as soon as I find out how to do them.
Im also going to go for the Beijing Expo proto look....It HAS to be done!:exactly:

Finally got my set:

5916608099_7f6734298d.jpg

5917247900_53b92a68a3.jpg

The fig looks nice but the accessories are very fragile. Very poor QC. :(

Finally got my set:

The fig looks nice but the accessories are very fragile. Very poor QC. :(

Congratulations pchin !

If any of the parts had flaws when you got it then all you have to do is first send Enterbay an e-mail about it in which you explain which item has damage/flaws, what kind of damage/flaw(s) and I am sure they will offer to replace it with a new part - it is really as simple as that
smiley.gif

Awright, to celebrate last nights success, I went to work with paints again today morning... TFG was right... a sealer is necessary (unless someone wants to rub off the paint by rubing it hard with his fingers) The acrylic had set and I just rubbed over with a little force to see the results... and true as he said, it had hardend and came of as one nice flake... :(

I repainted it ALL OVER AGAIN! and decided NOT to try the rubbing stunt again...

[ALL THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE IN NATURAL LIGHT. Sunshine streaming through my window at 11am]

"You wanna say something about my nose job baby? If you do, all I can say is... you will be in deep trouble"
dsc00592k.jpg

and also in the process did some minor changes...

1. Repainted the two bruises on the face to give it a more realistic bruise look... the high cheeckbone on the right side of the face and the lower smaller and lighter bruise on the left side of the jaw
dsc00591f.jpg

dsc00595ro.jpg

2. Drybrushed over the eyebrows to make them darker and match the hair's darker colour (actually copied that from the Beijing Proto which's hairline be it stubble as well as brows are much darker...
dsc00585l.jpg

dsc00596e.jpg

And now a full body shot...
dsc00584mv.jpg

Good job Axe :hi5:

Time to post the tutorial video now :D

Hahaha, I dont think its too complicated to require a video, and I didnt do THAT MUCH of a mod too... with time Ill incoporate a little more and more...
however if anyone wants any help regarding what I did I will do my best... :wave

Awright, to celebrate last nights success, I went to work with paints again today morning... TFG was right... a sealer is necessary (unless someone wants to rub off the paint by rubing it hard with his fingers) The acrylic had set and I just rubbed over with a little force to see the results... and true as he said, it had hardend and came of as one nice flake... :(

I repainted it ALL OVER AGAIN! and decided NOT to try the rubbing stunt again...

[ALL THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE IN NATURAL LIGHT. Sunshine streaming through my window at 11am]

"You wanna say something about my nose job baby? If you do, all I can say is... you will be in deep trouble"
dsc00592k.jpg

and also in the process did some minor changes...

1. Repainted the two bruises on the face to give it a more realistic bruise look... the high cheeckbone on the right side of the face and the lower smaller and lighter bruise on the left side of the jaw
dsc00591f.jpg

dsc00595ro.jpg

2. Drybrushed over the eyebrows to make them darker and match the hair's darker colour (actually copied that from the Beijing Proto which's hairline be it stubble as well as brows are much darker...
dsc00585l.jpg

dsc00596e.jpg

And now a full body shot...
dsc00584mv.jpg

fantasic.... man...:clap:yess:

wow looks great!
Thanks SAB! what about your set? You still getting one I hope... I wish the very best for you to get a qc error free set... :wave

fantasic.... man...:clap:yess:
Thank You Shadow, I hope your figure's issues are sorted out or will be sorted out as soon as possible.

Looks like it is going to be a keeper Axe-man ! Great work
Haha, after some repainting,yes. Because its special as its got some of my work in it now, I cant possible call it bad :lol :wink1:

By the Way Gung Fu, since you are a mine of rare BL pictures can you get me some good reference pics of Bruce Lee in his bruised up state wth his final fight against Kareem? from different angles would be even better... maybe I can try to incorporate it in my repaints... :)

Also I dont know, as they have said that painting on the rubber can be bad, I was thinking whether I should paint over the stains on my body... The limited articulation of its arms really bother me in a way, because I really cant get him into any kickass dynamic poses... the best poses that work for this figure for me is more of the all stern look and standing tall pose...

Last edited:
Still on the fence.
You guys are a lot more forgiving of QC issues than I am. :)

Im not, I totally regretted dropping $300 for this when I got it and started to really check every nook and cranny... I can guarantee you that If I didnt work on trying to fix it and if it unfortunately didnt turn out like it has with my customising, I would have really wanted to get rid of it...

My main gripes are still
1. Body isnt really articulated enough... to really get great poses... specially the arms... the lack the side to side movement at the elbows, very limting

2. The QC issues are really quite a lot... I mean so many regular editions and no one has said its been spotless... its only the Beijing Exclusive sets which have been spotlessly qc error free from the day of unboxing...

I hope EB will learn from their mistakes and offer us better Bruce Lees like Im sure they will in the future... However also being an avid Bruce Lee fan and a collector who doesnt have too many choices... Id rather try to sort out the problems if any than NOT have a representation of one of his iconic looks

Back