Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so frustrated, and I had to write a long letter to Enterbay to let them know. I sent it to [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected]. :gah::mad: :gah: I feel a little better now.

Dear Enterbay Improvement Team,

I am an avid fan of your quality products with finest craftsmanship and innovative technology. I have purchased at least a dozen or more Enterbay 1/6 figure products in the past, and today I would like to make some suggestions for improvement for my most recently purchased Enterbay figure: Bruce Lee Game of Death: Behind the Scene Edition. I have already notified Enterbay Customer Service department of my problems, and I have been told that I will getting a replacement. But since then, I have discovered more problems, and I thought it was a good idea to share with you my original problems along with new problems I have just discovered. I hope I can do my part to help you determine the cause of these problems and improve this already amazing figure.

In my opinion, this GOD set is not only the best Bruce Lee production ever, but also the best 1/6 figure in general. This is not a toy but an art work, and I admire your continued effort to raise the bar with each release. I am totally floored by the package: finest life-like head and body sculpt, innovative rubber body, amazing diorama set and tons and tons of accesories. But this figure is not without its fault. I purchased 2 GOD sets: One is the regular release normal version, and the other one is Beijing Expo edition. And I am having problems with both sets. Let me elaborate on the issues I am having with each version. Please view referenced pictures for problem details.

Normal Version
-Paints rubbed off nose and chin area of both head sculpts (Picture 1 and 2)
-Major black spots on various area of the body (Picture 3 and 4)
-Minor orange and black staining on various area of the body (Picture 3 and 4)

Beijing Expo Version
-Unpolished Knee joint catching and damaging the clothes (Picture 5 and 6)
-Battle Damaged suit staining the body in 1 night (Picture 7)
-Legs popping out of the body (Picture 8)

One observation I made about the body stains is that the orange and black dye of the suit is causing the stains. My Beijing edition came in a perfect mint condition. However, the body was stained in 1 day when I took off the clean suit and put on the battle damaged suit. If I had left the figure in the battle damanged suit for a prolonged period of time, the staining would have been bigger and darker. I have number bodies from previous Enterbay Bruce Lee releases, and I accept and understand the fact that clothes can and will cause staining on the figure if it is left on for a long time. But battle damaged suit was left on for only 1 night, not even full 24 hours, and it stained the body. This is a hard fact for me to accept. Material used for the rubber body should be improved so that it won't be stained by the clothes in such a short period of time. Or the clothes should be properly pre-washed/treated to avoid body staining.

Second observation I made about the knee joint is that this is a problem that can so easily be avoided if those joint plastic mold bits are polished.

Last observation I made about leg popping out of the body is that I believe it is due to a design flaw. I am a figure collector who handle all figures with the utmost care and strictly follow given instructions and guides. I display all my figures in display cases, and I do not "play" with my figures. I do pose my figures for photoshoot sessions, and while I was posing this Game of Death figure, one of its legs popped out. I spread one leg to the side within its designed limit, and when I tried to put it back down, it popped out of place. I was able to pop it back in, but every time I spread to its designe limit, it pops out. I noticed that the c-clip on the body aligns just right with 2 small gaps on click gear guide inside of the upper thigh when the leg is spread, and c-clip derails from its track through the small gap when you try to put it back down. I do not have this problem with BL 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 and 3.5 bodies, and I think you are more than capable of fixing this rubber body's leg joint design.

Thank you for reading my long letter, and I hope you understand my frustration. 3 of my friends also own this GOD set, and they all have similar problems, and I can only hope that these minor problems will not turn off many Enterbay fans. I sincerely hope that you take heed to what I have shared with you today to make Enterbay products even better. Thank you again for your outstanding contribution to figure collection community, and I hope to see improved products in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXX

I was so frustrated, and I had to write a long letter to Enterbay to let them know.

I feel a little better now.
:clap Good letter expressing yours & some of our feelings as well :hi5: Except for the way you signed off your letter:

Sincerely,

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

:lol Jokes :D

Very honestly its been like less than 12 hours since I got the figure, however right now that paint rub issue is growing on me and just thinking of not having a perfect set inspite of the hight cost is slowly getting to me. This is the first time I have had a QC issue with any 1/6th figure... also when I put all the Bruce Lee's in display Arnie's smiling head looks the best of the lot, followed by Kato, FoF, DX (with neutral head and a nice angle) and then this... Also I found I really couldnt put him in much good looking/stable action poses... and the head to body ratio was sticking out too much, the thigh/crotch joints arent like the earlier bodies which could be manipulated much easier to achieve desirable poses... Hmm... I can replace the head from Enterbay.. which ive decided I will... $300 is too much to NOT have a perfect set. Sending the body is useless as in the future itll inevitably stain no matter WHAT you do... unless you dont keep ANY CLOTHES (that includes socks) on the figure... Also Im not very happy with how light the battle damage is painted on my BD tracksuit, it looks ditto like the normal one except with a VERY FAINT footprint...

Unboxing felt nice with all the stuff... but with deeper retrospection and tinkering these are the main issues that came up for me...

This is not a "User Error" nor a "QC issue". This is a design flaw.
Maybe. I never considered testing & posing a high end figure like this in 'extreme' poses, it's too risky for this investment imo. If that's something you expected from this figure than I see your gripe, however I did not.
I'm paying for all the shipping :monkey2 I only get it fixed/replaced for free. It wasn't a QC issue, so I understand why I have to pay for shipping both ways
1340.jpg
That pic is too much! Anyway, yeah I guess you can't expect EB to pick up the tab if the figure wasn't broken before you started fiddling with it. They can't pose for it for you, can they? :wink1:

***HOT HOT HOT UPDATE****

STAIN ADVISORY!!!
Geez, relax. This type of post is will only add fuel to the fire of people lurking to bash the figure & the company, when in fact this was covered by Enterbay themselves early on and has been discussed a lot. :slap
& still I'm probably not going to bother washing the suits. Might regret that decision if I see the body staining though.
I'm not washing mine, with my luck my washer will destroy them. Regardless, any body that I have fully zipped up and suited is staying that way, and whether it gets stained or not I'll never know, nor will need to know. :D
two shots by arrovve

Gorgeous shots! That's what I'm talking about!

Last edited:
To get over the lingering paint rub disappointment I decided to fix the problems that I could... First the BD suit... as I said before the BD on the suit was painted SO light on my figure, the light footprint's big toe wasnt even visible... So just repainted the suit. I diluted Acrylic black in water...LOTS OF WATER, used a stiff paintbrush to put that light black water on the suit and brushed it on to let it dry and soak... the results make me feel MUCH BETTER now... I think after I get my head replaced Ill finally feel the way I was expecting today...

here are some pics... the lighting doesnt really bring out the BD that well also but I watched warriors journey for a couple of times to get the BD placements a little more accurate and also the Beijing exhibition Proto...
dsc00535mr.jpg

dsc00536uq.jpg

dsc00542rs.jpg

Last edited:
GREAT job axe. Looks really nice. Shame about that damn paint rub though.

Thanks TFG! Coming from a veteran customiser like you it means a lot to me, anyway I was planning to see If I could manage to paint over the paint rub, I already cleared the chine rub by taking that same diluted black water I used on the jumpsuit and let a drop of it fall on the chin rub, stay for like a minute and then rub it off with a dry paintbrush... after 6/7 repeated procedure it worked... quite well

Now matching the nose's skin tone is a problem. Can you recommend how to go about it?

Last edited:
Nice paint job Axe & good explanation Axe, thanks :rock

No problem, just trying to solve the shortcomings in my set and maybe help a couple of others on the way. Actually Im a little OCD about repairing things, till now whatever I buy I try to repair it myself incase it has some issues... done that and been successful always... but the paint rub being bang on the nose may prove more challenging and difficult than I can handle... If someone can recommend me a suitable flesh tone and paint I can probably try it.. If thats done expect MORE customisations on the head...

the bruises and cuts will start to become more prominent... Ill try to replicate the Beijing Expo Proto displayed version with the help of my Chinese friend (although that had the identical paint rub on the nose like mine) but the sweat effect is something I cant figure out yet...

Thanks TFG! Coming from a veteran customiser like you it means a lot to me, anyway I was planning to see If I could manege to paint over the paint rub, I already cleared the chine rub by taking that same diluted black water I used on the jumpsuit and let a drop of it fall on the chin rub, stay for like a minute and then rub it off with a dry paintbrush... after 6/7 repeated procedure it worked... quite well

Now matching the nose's skin tone is a problem. Can you recommend how to go about it?

Im no veteran, my friend. Especially when it comes to paints.
But thanks anyway!:)

Personally, I would also use the same technique you used on his chin to fix the nose too.
....But I imagine the nose will be much harder to disguise though.:dunno
Getting the correct skin tone is crucial as you obviously know. This is something Im not experienced at yet. Never tried it.

But really, I would suggest you seek someone with experienced painting skills to offer proper advice.
Good luck, my friend...And sorry for the useless advice!:(

Actually Im a little OCD about repairing things, till now whatever I buy I try to repair it myself incase it has some issues... done that and been successful always.

the bruises and cuts will start to become more prominent... Ill try to replicate the Beijing Expo Proto displayed version[/B] with the help of my Chinese friend (although that had the identical paint rub on the nose like mine)

Same here!:hi5:

but the sweat effect is something I cant figure out yet...

So the heads dont come with the sweat effect?
Thats a shame. I imagine it wont be hard to do yourself though.
I will practice on some spare heads in preparation for this figure.

Last edited:
So the heads dont come with the sweat effect?
Thats a shame. I imagine it wont be hard to do yourself though.
I will practice on some spare heads in preperation for this figure.

Cool maybe you can keep me informed with some tips and tricks on the way and we can do this repaint together on our respective figures, a team effort! ;)

Cool maybe you can keep me informed with some tips and tricks on the way and we can do this repaint together on our respective figures, a team effort! ;)

Yep, will do.;) And also, if my figure comes with paint rub on his nose, I will try to fix it and give details of how I did it.

Enterbay asked me to send back the defective Battle Damaged head today, Im paying to ship to them by EMS, they'll pay for shipping it back to me by EMS... Ill see whatever alternatives I can do to fix it by the time or Ill just send it on Monday...

Enterbay asked me to send back the defective Battle Damaged head today, Im paying to ship to them by EMS, they'll pay for shipping it back to me by EMS... Ill see whatever alternatives I can do to fix it by the time or Ill just send it on Monday...

By any chance did you ask about flesh tones in the custom section? Those folks could probably help you out a ton.

Out of curiosity I decided to check the body on my GOD that has had a BD suit zipped on him since the minute he arrived, and I found that it has no stains from the suit, bracelet or socks anywhere on it - totally mint. I also did another comparison between the BJ & HK sculpts, and I can't tell the difference between the smiling or the BD, both truly fantastic paint jobs. The BJ GOD BD suit def has a darker foot imprint though, not sure if I caught that the 1st time around.

two shots by arrovve ;)

Awesome shots Arrovve! I love the poses!

Maybe. I never considered testing & posing a high end figure like this in 'extreme' poses, it's too risky for this investment imo. If that's something you expected from this figure than I see your gripe, however I did not.

It is not so much a grip but an observation. This GOD set is obviously intended for more natural action poses, and not so much of extreme action poses. I love the articulation on the neck and ab joints, and I think the more "calm" poses best match expressions on the head sculpts. Regardless of what looks the best, I called it a design flaw, because it should not malfunction when limbs are moved within its allowed range of motion. Enterbay simply needs to add a line to GOD instruction not to spread past x number of clicks, and problem is solved.

Geez, relax. This type of post is will only add fuel to the fire of people lurking to bash the figure & the company, when in fact this was covered by Enterbay themselves early on and has been discussed a lot. :slap

"This type of post" will help out other owners who are as OCD as I am about this incredible figure. I can really careless about flamers and trolls. I simply make observations and share my personal experience with others only to help other owners make their own informed decisions. If my findings don't bother you, then just move on. If you happend to find my post useful, then I've done my part. You are either a newbie or delusional collector if you don't accept/understand the fact that body staining is normal and quite common with all scaled figures when the clothes are left on for a "prolonged" period of time. But clothes should not stain the body in less than 24 hours. That is simply unacceptable.

To get over the lingering paint rub disappointment I decided to fix the problems that I could... First the BD suit... as I said before the BD on the suit was painted SO light on my figure, the light footprint's big toe wasnt even visible... So just repainted the suit. I diluted Acrylic black in water...LOTS OF WATER, used a stiff paintbrush to put that light black water on the suit and brushed it on to let it dry and soak... the results make me feel MUCH BETTER now... I think after I get my head replaced Ill finally feel the way I was expecting today...

here are some pics... the lighting doesnt really bring out the BD that well also but I watched warriors journey for a couple of times to get the BD placements a little more accurate and also the Beijing exhibition Proto...
dsc00535mr.jpg

dsc00536uq.jpg

dsc00542rs.jpg

Great job! It looks SUPER! :hi5: I was thinking about cutting out a foot print stencil, slightly smaller than the actual foot print, and carefully misting with black spray paint. But it is going to be too dark if I am not careful about how little I spray. I think I will use your brush technique to smudge/blur the edges of the foot print.

Thanks TFG! Coming from a veteran customiser like you it means a lot to me, anyway I was planning to see If I could manage to paint over the paint rub, I already cleared the chine rub by taking that same diluted black water I used on the jumpsuit and let a drop of it fall on the chin rub, stay for like a minute and then rub it off with a dry paintbrush... after 6/7 repeated procedure it worked... quite well

I think you should just send it back, Axe. Shipping from India to HK will probably be around 15-20usd via EMS. I think it'd be worth it, as they'll probably send you a new perfect one.

Back