Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to see these in the flesh so to speak, and I have to say they look more like Bruce than the DX. And I own the DX, and will not own these. So that's not me being biased
YouTube - ‪My very short review of the Enterbay 2011 Game of Death figure courtesy of Onesixthbruce‬‏

Yeah, it was clear to me from the start that these look more like Bruce than the DX.
The DX is an incredible figure and I love mine, but the headsculpt just isnt as good as this or Arnie Kims sculpts.

@ axe - I love seeing pics of your Bruce Lee. Its the best mass produced one Ive seen.:clap
Are you going to add the bruise under his left eye or leave it how it is?
Im definitely going to add it...and if I dont like it, I can always remove it.
263005_198359253545024_100001128519509_520320_1881363_n.jpg

Hey Tin have you figured out a way to make sweat apps much finer and thinner?... Ive done the repaint as close to the Beijing Proto as I could but the lack of the sweat apps is being the final hurdle at my attempt to recreate the Proto

In other news, some more pics of my work in progress... Day 3:
P.S you may notice some wierd lines on the pictures more visible int the brighter 2nd and 3rd pic and looks like strands of thread/hair and dust on all around the sculpt... thats my camera.. the lens has become dirty probably

dsc00643jy.jpg

dsc00647gz.jpg

dsc00648ud.jpg

And a full body shot...
dsc00608yd.jpg

Hey Axe. Nice job on repainting yours btw :clap For sweat - I'm planning on using glossy clear coat. I spray out some into a small container. Then I use a single bristle of a paintbrush to dip and apply to the head. Then let the clear coat dry. If you make sure there's very little clear coat on the bristle (and wipe off bristle after you apply each sweat drop) the drops should be pretty small.

@ Tin - Thanks for the tips. Didnt think of using a single bristle paintbrush.
Man, I cant wait to paint this guy!

Heres an old pic I posted ages ago that shows the sweat -
Untitled2-4.png

It seems that in some parts(especially the neck), the sweat is actually "big" like in the custom that Gung Fu posted.

@ axe - I love seeing pics of your Bruce Lee. Its the best mass produced one Ive seen.:clap
Are you going to add the bruise under his left eye or leave it how it is?
Im definitely going to add it...and if I dont like it, I can always remove it.
Thanks TFG for your kind words :) Thing is I DID add the bruise under the left eye... however it killed a lot of the likeness, so I opted for the less movie accurate but better looking and stylised Beijing Exhibition Proto head...

Hey Axe. Nice job on repainting yours btw :clap For sweat - I'm planning on using glossy clear coat. I spray out some into a small container. Then I use a single bristle of a paintbrush to dip and apply to the head. Then let the clear coat dry. If you make sure there's very little clear coat on the bristle (and wipe off bristle after you apply each sweat drop) the drops should be pretty small.
Thanks tin! coming from an experienced customiser like you, it means a lot! :) Hmm I had that idea but tell me isnt it better to seal the paint on the head first with a matte clear finish/sealer (which is better) and THEN try the glossy clear paint? That one bristle will be a LONG LONG process the way I see it now...
Also can you recast me the head Tin unpainted? Id like to use one for practice before I do something major with the figure...

I think you really turned this all around - and the DB head came out pretty good Axe ! The nose-job seems completely invincible now

You did good !
Thanks Gung! :) Im much happier about the figure now... it looks GOOD on display with my other Bruce's... also I posed him in a neutral standing pose... looking like the pic I posted. Better to follow Enterbay's posing instructions than one day see a rubber tear on a point of articulation of the figure...

I am in love.

DSC00338.jpg

Ahgnus, would you mind telling us which 1/6 towel did you use in this wonderful photo shoot ? Is it the Hot Toys 1/6 Rocky Balboa towel or from another release - or something you made ? I really like your clever idea of the use of the towel to cover up the open joints, and of course the bendt upper body to show the ab flexing.

Coffee and Krispy Kreme.. Best pic of the 'behind the scene' I have seen. This was Enterbay's intention!! Fantastic ;)

dsc00643jy.jpg

dsc00647gz.jpg

dsc00648ud.jpg

And a full body shot...
dsc00608yd.jpg

They look freaking AwEsOmE Axe!! :clap:hi5::yess:

You've inspired me to start a repaint project of my own. LOL I just ordered 2 GOD heads from ebay.

Just one little comment about the bruise on his right cheek bone. It's a great paint job, but i think it lacks a little bit of "freshness". I mean it looks dry as if the bruise has already scabbed up. I wasn't sure if you had already planned on touching it up with clear paint when you do the sweat effect to make it look more "fresh" and "wet". Just a thought. Great job again Axe!

Rorywan, I hope you do not mind me "stealing" your photos to post on my wall on FB... I have of course credited you - but I just wanted to let you know
smiley.gif

Btw, have you tried out the forward bend to flex the muscle on your two figures ?

Ahgnus, would you mind telling us which 1/6 towel did you use in this wonderful photo shoot ? Is it the Hot Toys 1/6 Rocky Balboa towel or from another release - or something you made ? I really like your clever idea of the use of the towel to cover up the open joints, and of course the bendt upper body to show the ab flexing.

The towel came with a wooden dummy diorama set I got from ebay. I do like the fine detail of the towel, and it was sort of an accident that the towel ended up covering up the joint lines. I think that added so much more realism to the picture.

Coffee and Krispy Kreme.. Best pic of the 'behind the scene' I have seen. This was Enterbay's intention!! Fantastic ;)

yup, amazing pic, by far the best picture of the set out there.
Well done ahngus!!
:clap

Thank you guys! I don't have any skill whatsoever when it comes to taking photos, and I never know what the pictures actually look like until I download onto my PC. More than half of the pictures I take end up being too blurry, but ever since I started using the tripod and photo box, pictures are getting sharper. I took 100+ photos in that photo session, and that was the only photo that came out looking good. I was surprised at how good it actually looked.

Bruce wouldn't be caught dead eating a glazed donut :slap

:rotfl:rotfl
LOL I am sure he had to have eaten donuts some time in his life. I know he was a total health freak, but I thought the donut setting was ironically cool, especially with his mischievous smile, to catch him in a "Gotcha!" moment. These pictures might suit you better then.

DSC00345.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

A look inside....

Credits 玩意社,
694c4ee7jw1diznm3csu7j.jpg

Cool photos aeumuse. Thank you for finding these photos of rare look inside. I got curious while looking at the these tho. Does this mean that the upper arm is supposed rotate at the yellow circled area like the forearm does?

INSIDEGODARM.jpg

Ahgnus I got my 1st WOtD custom suit setup for $29, the 2nd was $35 since I couldn't find it that cheap again. I did not buy a sculpt though (the eyes look wonky on that one imo). What did you pay?

$35 for the head and body. (Y4NK33 the eyes are fine, identical to Kato, the pic is just a phone pic). The suit was around $30 as well.

Rorywan, I hope you do not mind me "stealing" your photos to post on my wall on FB... I have of course credited you - but I just wanted to let you know
smiley.gif

Btw, have you tried out the forward bend to flex the muscle on your two figures ?

No worries Gung! Honored.

Back