Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know HT hands are great and even scene specific ( look at my pics on this thread ) but I want to use the DX body for a GOD bash and the EB hands ( not all of them ) are scene specific to the movie itself too :wave

thats dedication! :clap

I think you've just put your finger on EB's single biggest problem with this release IMO: communication. They have botched every piece of communication regarding this figure. They could've come out early on and clarified where the seams would be and wouldn't be, but they didn't. They could've released production pics a lot earlier, but they didn't. They could've come out and clarified the issue with the EVision system, but they didn't. All they did was drip-feed their customers a diet of photographs of prototype awesomeness that over-hyped the figure and a stack pictures of boxes.

EB need to fire their marketing team.

You got it right & I totally agree. :exactly:

They're really taking things personally. This one crazy girl? questions whether I really own any EB figures (because they're all bad I guess?). It's really odd.

I guess it's the manner you say it. They could presume you're putting oil into the flame... :lol

And really - all I'm basically saying is you either like what you see and want one. Or you don't like what you see and aren't getting one. Why rant about how it looks bad here and bad in this photo. You're not getting one - that's cool - don't try to convince me that I shouldn't get one. Is that really too much to ask?

hehe I know what you mean...I also understand how they feel. It's like your GF cheated on you. Of cos you will get upset, cry, furious, rant, etc...it's also very easy to say "if you don't like your GF then leave her" :lol

Bruce's teenage years were well behind him when he did GoD :lol

Actually Bruce did have problem with acne - even in his later years also.
smiley.gif

I've exchanged a BL jacket with a missing button in the past and Enterbay made the exchange no problem...I will email them tonight.

Meanwhile, stay tuned. I'm about to load up a batch of mid-afternoon sun shots.

I am glad you have decided to contact Enterbay about this problem as I think you (and all others) should deserve flawless parts.

By the way, I also have to say thank you so much for the amazing first in-hand pictures you have shared with Gruff !! You really are a photo artist and you are right to the point in your review and answers from the rest of us freaks !!

:yess: Looks like I'm getting a free painted eyes head!

It may be good to be an a**h*le once in a while, but 90% of the time - I've found it pays to be diplomatic and supportive; even when you are criticizing.

Nice !!

Depending on what you mean by "being an a**h*le" but I would say it should definitely be OKAY to let someone know if something does not appear to be right - and you be surprised how helpful most companies are
smiley.gif

DX Bruce is very weirded out by this situation.

Well… According to some Bruce did not like to be touched by people he did not know - though I have seen him in pictures even hugging people he was supposed not to know (stuntmen, male actors, etc.) – however he should be okay with him touching himself (I mean… Eh…. Well, you know what I mean !!! Hehe…)

Thanks, guys. A few more on the way, hope they're not getting annoying.

Lejuan, the heads have the same design but the Enterbay ball is too big for the Hot Toys body.The Hot Toys head will sit on the Enterbay body, though. I'll try to shoot that.

Please feel free and let the picture come !

I think there is a post tread on another forum which explains how to custom and attach a HT head to an EB body (…or was it the other way around). Let me know if you want me to find that tread again (I am at work now, but have the link at my home computer).

Just heard from EB offering to exchange both heads.

I'll see what I can do about poses tomorrow, but I'm guessing someone else will beat me to it.

I am hoping you will change the two stained heads for two pristine mint heads !
smiley.gif

….and as creecher said, ask them to enclose the extra nunchakus you where promised also for pre-ordering (before February wasn’t it ?) By the way, I assume these are the black with yellow stripes that someone mentioned earlier in this tread – and it does not have anything to do with what is shown in the original footage (nor do I think it was ever in the original script notes…).

This is the inside of the head. Where did the ball thingy go?

Shaolin BL :D

Liquid Larry, congrats with one DB head and stained EB G.O.D. track suit !

From what I have seen EB changed back to the eye system they used before as some DB heads with the new EVision eye system appeared with crossed eyed after rough transport (from what I have heard).

By the way, that “Shaolin BL” thingy you just pulled is Blasphemy !!! Aaaaarrrrggghhh…. (only joking.. Hehehe…)

And really - all I'm basically saying is you either like what you see and want one. Or you don't like what you see and aren't getting one. Why rant about how it looks bad here and bad in this photo. You're not getting one - that's cool - don't try to convince me that I shouldn't get one. Is that really too much to ask?

How come your getting a painted head Tin?
:clap

After comparing the head sculpts, in person, for HT's DX & this, EB wins.

ebbl4.jpg

I don't get the Enterbay hate?
Whats the problem, is it folk who can only afford the DX _____ing about another release because they can't have it as well?

Apart from a few QC issues, I think this looks awesome. No one is making you buy it. I love the fact that we are getting 2 major Bruce Lee releases in a short time period.

You can like both cats AND dogs.
:peace

Whats the problem, is it folk who can only afford the DX _____ing about another release because they can't have it as well?

Apart from a few QC issues, I think this looks awesome. No one is making you buy it. I love the fact that we are getting 2 major Bruce Lee releases in a short time period.

:lol he was actually saying that EB GoD > HT ETD

pay them no heed my friend. i have learnt that if you like something, no one else can make you change your mind. that's why we're one of a kind. :wink1:

:lol he was actually saying that EB GoD > HT ETD

Who said that?
:monkey3

I didn't, I will wait until I have this set in hand before making any judgements. It's finally released from customs so i should have it soon.

I wonder if my one has the ball of wonder in the head? I think it may have been sent before the recall. If it is fixable yourself, these could become quite collectible?

Otherwise, it will be going straight back to Enterbay.

How come your getting a painted head Tin?
:clap

For being a good boy and not resorting to negative badgering :monkey3

Plus - I think some idiot did me a favor by accusing me of working for EB on the FB page. I think the guy is actually a member of SSF too LOL.

Who said that?
:monkey3

I didn't, I will wait until I have this set in hand before making any judgements. It's finally released from customs so i should have it soon.

I wonder if my one has the ball of wonder in the head? I think it may have been sent before the recall. If it is fixable yourself, these could become quite collectible?

Otherwise, it will be going straight back to Enterbay.

If yours does have the eye mechanism - I would keep it and not send to EB. You can buy a painted head in July. A head with the eye mechanism will be super rare I imagine.

They should have made the footprint on the BD suit more prominent
ebbl15.jpg

Like in the movie
tumblr_lk3brzkR111qg5nyao1_400.gif

Overall though, it's a cool suit :D

:lol That's the DX BL body. I don't have the EB body for this figure. EB's head is larger than HT's. The EB head doesn't fit, so it's hovering over the neck :lol

haha.. no wonder! i thought you were trying an alternative pose. maybe a BL3.5 would do it for you. did you PO the actual figure?

They should have made the footprint on the BD suit more prominent
ebbl15.jpg

Like in the movie
tumblr_lk3brzkR111qg5nyao1_400.gif

Overall though, it's a cool suit :D

If you decide to mark a stronger footprint - be sure to have it placed clearly in the midle, and not on just the left side (as shown in the Beijing Exhibition Show back in May).

By the way, any flaws on your DB head ?

haha.. no wonder! i thought you were trying an alternative pose. maybe a BL3.5 would do it for you. did you PO the actual figure?

Yeah I already pre ordered the actual figure. I was told that, for me, it's expected to ship around Jul/Aug. I was too curious, & went ahead & bought the BD head & suit from ebay :lol

Yeah I already pre ordered the actual figure. I was told that, for me, it's expected to ship around Jul/Aug. I was too curious, & went ahead & bought the BD head & suit from ebay :lol

hardcore indeed! well at least you know firsthand what the footprint suit really looks like..

mine's scheduled to come in july so still gotta wait.. probably will be the 3rd or 4th wave after all the early birds' order so should be all fixed.. we'll see

Back