Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't always tell where different posters are from when they say theirs is shipping. Are any of you about to be getting yours that ordered via a US retailer?

The guy at Viking playground said he still has not gotten any ship updates.

I can't always tell where different posters are from when they say theirs is shipping. Are any of you about to be getting yours that ordered via a US retailer?

The guy at Viking playground said he still has not gotten any ship updates.

I'm in the U.S. Corrose - and I'm expecting to get mine on about the 15th. But I think that's because my seller gets them directly from a vendor in HK. HK vendors get the first shipments.

I think US vendors are in the second wave of shipments so it makes sense that they don't yet have a shipping confirmation.

smack.gif

My Kato JUST came!! :yess:
WHAT AN AMAZING Figure! This is even better than FoF.. the paint is brilliant and the sculpt is the best! The Kato is by far the BEST Bruce I have had in my collection (till now)

Hey Tinister,

The sort answer to the picture you posted is that this is a Japanese movie program that was released over there in 1979, and as far as I am concerned it is not a poster - nor is it a poster art/design that Bruce had personally approved. Sorry...
smiley.gif

godposter.jpg

By the way, if you look closely at the image, you will see the “300” and the Japanese character of “Yen” currency and the writing "TOWA" which was the Japanese film distribution company (also known as "Toho Towa") that was the first to distribute Bruce Lee's films in Japan in the early 1970's. Not only that the text "Bruce Lee's Game of Death" with the coffin give it all away that it does not have anything to do with the original idea and story Bruce had for "Game of Death". It is referred to the not so flattering "re-make" from 1978...

I have never heard or read that Bruce ever did approve any poster for "Game of Death" which I personally doubt he ever did as there are obvious reasons for that - but that is more of the long answer that I do not want to bore you guys with...

Nice Rorywan !!!

Are you tracking the package ? If it is sent Registered Air Mail or EMS you should be able to track it from China to your location
smiley.gif

By the way, did you ask Bei about this matter before he sent it to you -

Hi Gungfu, Bei sent my EX GOD via EMS at the weekend so he told me my tracking will take 2-3 days to show up. I haven't looked yet. to be honest I have been too busy at work. He has been great to do business with.

I didn't get a chance to ask about the faulty eyes, the way I see it, if it is faulty I can either try and fix it or get a replacement. And I will buy one of the new painted heads if I'm not offered a free one. So I will just wait and see what arrives. It's no big problem anyway, I just wanted to get it sooner rather than later.
:panic:

Hi Gungfu, Bei sent my EX GOD via EMS at the weekend so he told me my tracking will take 2-3 days to show up. I haven't looked yet. to be honest I have been too busy at work. He has been great to do business with.

I didn't get a chance to ask about the faulty eyes, the way I see it, if it is faulty I can either try and fix it or get a replacement. And I will buy one of the new painted heads if I'm not offered a free one. So I will just wait and see what arrives. It's no big problem anyway, I just wanted to get it sooner rather than later.

EMS is fast..u'll probably received it by the end of the week...looking forward for your in hand pics rorywan....:)

Hey Tinister,

The sort answer to the picture you posted is that this is a Japanese movie program that was released over there in 1979, and as far as I am concerned it is not a poster - nor is it a poster art/design that Bruce had personally approved. Sorry...
smiley.gif

godposter.jpg

By the way, if you look closely at the image, you will see the “300” and the Japanese character of “Yen” currency and the writing "TOWA" which was the Japanese film distribution company (also known as "Toho Towa") that was the first to distribute Bruce Lee's films in Japan in the early 1970's. Not only that the text "Bruce Lee's Game of Death" with the coffin give it all away that it does not have anything to do with the original idea and story Bruce had for "Game of Death". It is referred to the not so flattering "re-make" from 1978...

I have never heard or read that Bruce ever did approve any poster for "Game of Death" which I personally doubt he ever did as there are obvious reasons for that - but that is more of the long answer that I do not want to bore you guys with...

Yeah thats what I was thinking as soon as this was mentioned.

a) Bruce only got about 1/3 of the way through filming his movie so it seems odd that they would have got to the stage of designing and approving posters (this was 70s HK, not modern Hollywood with hundreds of people working on different aspects)

b) Every tiny morsel related to Game of Death has been examined in all the different official books yet I've never seen an official poster.

Okay Rorywan - thank you for getting back to me
smiley.gif

I am glad to hear that it has been a pleasant experience so far and that you are aware that you should have fixed the head before he sent it all to you. I have considered having him send everything except the head (to be sent seperately after it has been fixed) so I could get it a little faster, but have not asked... Hehe...

Anyways, please keep us posted how you deal with it if you in fact get a crossed eyed head sculpt so we can all learn and maybe be of help.

Yeah thats what I was thinking as soon as this was mentioned.

a) Bruce only got about 1/3 of the way through filming his movie so it seems odd that they would have got to the stage of designing and approving posters (this was 70s HK, not modern Hollywood with hundreds of people working on different aspects)

b) Every tiny morsel related to Game of Death has been examined in all the different official books yet I've never seen an official poster.

Agree
smiley.gif

By the way, bear in mind that it was Tinister friend who gave him this information.

Footnote: “Bare”, “bear”, “beer”… How come it is so damn difficult to write “bare hands” and "bear in mind" - as I always consider: “bear hands” which would of course have been a disaster in this case… Geeeez... (You have all been warned: Do NOT let a bear who has been drinking beer touch your exlusive 1/6 figures with his bare hands !!...)
tongue.gif

Okay Rorywan - thank you for getting back to me
smiley.gif

I am glad to hear that it has been a pleasant experience so far and that you are aware that you should have fixed the head before he sent it all to you. I have considered having him send everything except the head (to be sent seperately after it has been fixed) so I could get it a little faster, but have not asked... Hehe...

Anyways, please keep us posted how you deal with it if you in fact get a crossed eyed head sculpt so we can all learn and maybe be of help.

Agree
smiley.gif

By the way, bear in mind that it was Tinister friend who gave him this information.

Footnote: “Bare”, “bear”, “beer”… How come it is so damn difficult to write “bare hands” and "bear in mind" - as I always consider: “bear hands” which would of course have been a disaster in this case… Geeeez... (You have all been warned: Do NOT let a bear who has been drinking beer touch your exlusive 1/6 figures with his bare hands !!...)
tongue.gif

"and that you are aware that you should have fixed the head before he sent it all to you"
I don't really understand what you said here Gung?

Well, I don't know yet if my head needs fixing. I will have to wait and see, as far as I know they are not all faulty. Enterbay have said they will replace faulty heads right? So I don't really have anything to lose? If it is faulty, I will take some pics so you all can see it and then contact Bei (my dealer) and see what he recommends I do. Either way it's cool.

Whats astounding is that inspite of the figure been released, there are hardly any new pics since the first couple of days... genereally during an HT release we have over a 100 pics posted EVERYDAY! C'mon anyone? New pics please!

Back