Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree about the size of the head. i've got the enterbay WoD. from here on out, it's hot toys' bruce lee for me.

Lets be honest here guys, the Bruce Lee DX04 is an AMAZING set, however my only gripe is that the likeness of Bruce isnt as strong as the EB figures. The unscarred face has a stronger likeness and that too at certain angles only... EB's likeness is much much better... the only let down is that they arent at par with HT in terms of final production paint. We all know what a great paintjob can do to any sculpt. Paint literally breaks or makes a sculpt. However if this GoD's paint is anything like the Kato release, I can confidently say its a better representation of Bruce than the HT DX...

Lets be honest here guys, the Bruce Lee DX04 is an AMAZING set, however my only gripe is that the likeness of Bruce isnt as strong as the EB figures. The unscarred face has a stronger likeness and that too at certain angles only... EB's likeness is much much better... the only let down is that they arent at par with HT in terms of final production paint. We all know what a great paintjob can do to any sculpt. Paint literally breaks or makes a sculpt. However if this GoD's paint is anything like the Kato release, I can confidently say its a better representation of Bruce than the HT DX...

Well I sure hope so cause I'm aching to get a GoD sometime in my lifetime :lol...ordered the shoes to make an extra figure just in case :lol

Well I sure hope so cause I'm aching to get a GoD sometime in my lifetime :lol...ordered the shoes to make an extra figure just in case :lol

I'm with axe on this b/c I feel EB will not let their fans down on the Bruce Lee line. They seem to put extra effort in their Bruce figures and having own a Kato myself plus seeing pics of their other Bruce 1/6's they are the best in the sculpt department imo.

I love my HT DX, I bought 2 of them and then some more parts so I'm not playing favorites here. Like axe touched on even the DX sculpt can look very bad when viewed on some angles. Just put the eyes looking straight ahead and it looks goofy.

In your situation Gates I understand your apprehension b/c dropping $400 + on a figure is crazy if you aren't 100% sure that it will blow you away. For me, I'm taking the plunge regardless. I'm disappointed that I didn't start collecting earlier and missed the other great EB Bruce 1/6's that are priced through the ceiling now, and I think there is enough photo evidence in this thread that the GOD release will turn out to my liking.

I'm with axe on this b/c I feel EB will not let their fans down on the Bruce Lee line. They seem to put extra effort in their Bruce figures and having own a Kato myself plus seeing pics of their other Bruce 1/6's they are the best in the sculpt department imo.

I think there is enough photo evidence in this thread that the GOD release will turn out to my liking.

The recent pics of the battle damaged head have eased my worries a bit. I'm glad it now looks more of a resemblance of the prototype (at the Beijing exhibition) than the earlier pictures of the messed up eyes head.

This figure cannot come in fast enough for me. I'm in the last batch so I'm thinking possibly 2nd week of July at the earliest for me.

The recent pics of the battle damaged head have eased my worries a bit. I'm glad it now looks more of a resemblance of the prototype (at the Beijing exhibition) than the earlier pictures of the messed up eyes head.

This figure cannot come in fast enough for me. I'm in the last batch so I'm thinking possibly 2nd week of July at the earliest for me.

Hey Otaku good to see you in this thread :D

I agree with you about the BD sculpt and the latest pics. I think it captures Bruce in the scene perfectly, though others hate it b/c i think they just want to see more blood and bruising - though that isn't accurate to the scene.

How do you know what batch you're in btw? I'm assuming I'm in the last batch b/c I PO'd late. :thud:

Hey Otaku good to see you in this thread :D

I agree with you about the BD sculpt and the latest pics. I think it captures Bruce in the scene perfectly, though others hate it b/c i think they just want to see more blood and bruising - though that isn't accurate to the scene.

How do you know what batch you're in btw? I'm assuming I'm in the last batch b/c I PO'd late. :thud:

Hey thanks man! :wave

After the Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee, I just wanted to get more BL figures and it came down to me wanting to try another company, so here I am.

As for the batch schedule. Enterbay released information regarding the figure's release. I believe you can find it in their news section. Basically if you placed your order in January, they're processing now. If you purchased in February, the order would be arriving in their warehouse on the the 15th of this month. And all order March onwards, would be proceeding on the 25th.

I pre-order May 11. Having said all that, I'm not too sure how the BD eye fix is going to affect that schedule. Hopefully not by too much.

253777_10150223756614617_756529616_6997851_2227408_n.jpg

Bruce-Lee-Boxing-300x275.gif
bruce-lee-1973.jpg

EB's sculpt is just as off, if not more. Even though the expressions are different, you can still make out Bruce's facial features enough.

The body is definitely not in the same league as HT's. It's kind of comical really... they couldn't even take the time to paint the nipples! Something about that rubber EB body just looks gross.

Being honest. I used to root for Enterbay, gave them the benefit of a doubt... until I made the mistake of buying their products... twice.

Last edited:
Why would you post a pic of the BD sculpt from GOD and then a reference picture of Bruce Lee in a suit? :slap

What EB Bruce 1/6's have you bought that disappointed you so much btw? I'm guessing none.

It wasn't meant to be a one on one comparison... using the pics for both the figures.

I had FOF Bruce, which was imo the best Bruce back then... but that body is weak.

253777_10150223756614617_756529616_6997851_2227408_n.jpg

Bruce-Lee-Boxing-300x275.gif
bruce-lee-1973.jpg

EB's sculpt is just as off, if not more. Even though the expressions are different, you can still make out Bruce's facial features enough.

The body is definitely not in the same league as HT's. It's kind of comical really... they couldn't even take the time to paint the nipples! Something about that rubber EB body just looks gross.

Being honest. I used to root for Enterbay, gave them the benefit of a doubt... until I made the mistake of buying their products... twice.

That's a photo of BL from ETD I believe. If you look at BL in GoD - he looks really different. Not just with the hair. I've stated this before - and a lot of people who have sculpted BL have said the same thing; he looks very different from movie to movie. And sometimes within the same movie he appears to be different.

The EB GoD head in my opinion looks very close to how Bl looks in GoD.

The body is definitely not in the same league as HT's. It's kind of comical really... [B]they couldn't even take the time to paint the nipples![/B] Something about that rubber EB body just looks gross.

[/quote]

I stopped paying too much attention to this figure's shortcomings once I decided that I was not going to buy the whole kit. I'm really only interested in the head sculpts at this point, and only if they can be easily modded to fit the HT BL muscle body. So I had completely overlooked the lack of painted nipples! I mean who does this? Who shows a proto pic of painted nipples and then can't even deliver on that? Holy crap Enterbay, what a stupid, idiot call this was to leave them unpainted. Even Hot Toys managed to paint the nipples on the exclusive body. You're a hack outfit and undeserving of the creative talent you have working for you. Where is your integrity? Paint those freaking nipples FOR THE LOVE OF GoD.

i just think bruce lee has too many diff expressions that its hard to have a good HS that consistently look like the real him. imo, all the HS, no matter HT or EB, only looks like bruce lee from that particular movie, in that particular scene

I stopped paying too much attention to this figure's shortcomings once I decided that I was not going to buy the whole kit. I'm really only interested in the head sculpts at this point, and only if they can be easily modded to fit the HT BL muscle body. So I had completely overlooked the lack of painted nipples! I mean who does this? Who shows a proto pic of painted nipples and then can't even deliver on that? Holy crap Enterbay, what a stupid, idiot call this was to leave them unpainted. Even Hot Toys managed to paint the nipples on the exclusive body. You're a hack outfit and undeserving of the creative talent you have working for you. Where is your integrity? Paint those freaking nipples FOR THE LOVE OF GoD.

For $10USD - I'll paint your GOD nipples. That's per nipple :lol

Hah, his response was so OTT, I didn't know if he was being sarcastic or not.

But Bruce needs his nips!

Back