Enterbay Game of Death 1/6 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I totally agree with you Gates70 that you should first be convinced before buying - and if not then do not buy it.

It seems that on eBay this figure did not have a jumping start as the price has not gone up so much yet - and no seller yet has posted actual picture of it even though it has been out for five days already.

One option is to maybe buy one of the Smiling faced Arnie Kim figures and by an additional suit (foot-printed or clean) and shoes (with black socks):

Just be aware of the different custom suits, shoes and other accessories are not always so well made in my opinion...

...and, I think you should strongly consider also a nunchaku (if you get a non-"Game of Death" figure that is):

...and do not buy this version (unless you want a different look than in the actual "Game of Death" footage):

Thanks for the tips GungFu ! To be honest, if this was priced better like HT, I would probably take the plunge regardless since I've always wanted a GoD. It's just that at $350 + shipping + tax (making it close to $400) is steep and I have to think about it more. For that price it should have a second body at least.

Now taking bets on whether EB yields to this flawless logic and does in fact offer free head to everybody :lol

It would have been great if all who had bought this set did in fact get an exclusive additional offer - free or with a little sum of money to cover costs and shipping - that serious head sculpt they used at the Beijing Exhibiton show !

At least you posted it with some tact, much better than 90% of those whiner/entitled types would have done.

:exactly: :goodpost:

By the way Y4NK33, are you getting your dio - that is if you decide to get it - customed and altered with a more correct version (as Arnies, depending on the floor of course) - and if that is the case, which of the three floors will you decide to have ?
smiley.gif

I agree with Y4nkee. You put it straight to the point while still being civil. I think that works better than the b*tching that is the predominate response.

Constructive feedback is in fact important - but it should as Y4NK33 and Tinister says kept straight to the poing and not going wild and over board....
smiley.gif

Thanks for the tips GungFu ! To be honest, if this was priced better like HT, I would probably take the plunge regardless since I've always wanted a GoD. It's just that at $350 + shipping + tax (making it close to $400) is steep and I have to think about it more. For that price it should have a second body at least.

Yeah Gates70, I hear you. And yes, a secound body would have been nice...

By the way, Enterbay still have the figure available for US$300 plus US$45 in shipping:

BRUCE LEE GAME OF DEATH (Behind the Scene Edition) - Item Number RM-1030 - US$300.00 - quantity: 1 - $300.00

Item total:$300.00
Shipping and handling $45.00
Total:$345.00 USD

(even if you buy 9 sets - the shipping and handling cost is only US$45, unless they charge you later on the difference....)

By the way Y4NK33, are you getting your dio - that is if you decide to get it - customed and altered with a more correct version (as Arnies, depending on the floor of course) - and if that is the case, which of the three floors will you decide to have ?
smiley.gif

I did cave in and send him an email but no reply as of yet. However, in the event that I'm lucky enough to commission one, I think I'd opt to have the final 5th floor done since it is that fight scene that's always the first to pop into my memory when I think of this film. He already has the 1/6 punching bag made too! ;) How about you?

Constructive feedback is in fact important - but it should as Y4NK33 and Tinister says kept straight to the point and not going wild and over board....
smiley.gif

:goodpost: You can't please everyone, and there will always be people who are not happy or just looking for an angle to rip a figure. It doesn't take much to state your opinion on what may be wrong or lacking without having to bash the entire figure head to toe or the company itself over something trivial like "lazy eyes" for example.

I did cave in and send him an email but no reply as of yet. However, in the event that I'm lucky enough to commission one, I think I'd opt to have the final 5th floor done since it is that fight scene that's always the first to pop into my memory when I think of this film. He already has the 1/6 punching bag made too! ;) How about you?

That's cool ! Then you can have the sand bag - but bear in mind that the stairs in the dio that the artist now has for sale is not accurate as it has some flaws in the details - especially if you choose to go for the Kareem Abdul Jabbar floor: The placing of the stairs are placed too close to the wall compared to the Kareem floor as Bruce and Kareem move around it (if my memory serves me right then this is the only floor where the stairs is placed from the wall), there is no middle plateau on the stairs (non of the floors has this if I recall right) and the rails of the stairs are wrong...

file.php

You should be able to make a few adjustments and changes if this is not an offer for pre-buildt dioramas - don't you think ? - and it is better to have it as authentic if you go all the way to have a custom diorama buildt... Well, that is my opinion.

By the way, if you go for the Kareem Abdul Jabbar floor then Bruce better not have the nuchaku anywhere near him - as he throws it on the floor on the Ji Han Jae floor and leaves it there
wink.gif

gud2js_20060624000539_2360153_10.jpg

Defective head now !this just gets better and better........it will be a cold day in hell before i am conned out of money by enterbay again, absolute joke of a company......do they have an official page anywhere i can leave feedback?.......alli can find is that whackjob facebook page

Yeah Gates70, I hear you. And yes, a secound body would have been nice...

By the way, Enterbay still have the figure available for US$300 plus US$45 in shipping:

BRUCE LEE GAME OF DEATH (Behind the Scene Edition) - Item Number RM-1030 - US$300.00 - quantity: 1 - $300.00

Item total:$300.00
Shipping and handling $45.00
Total:$345.00 USD

(even if you buy 9 sets - the shipping and handling cost is only US$45, unless they charge you later on the difference....)

Thanks for the tip but with import duties and such it will still come in at $400, so if I do order it, it might as well be from Toys2 for $349.

Hey Axe and GungFu -

I found an image of the GOD poster I mentioned before. This is the poster that a friend of mine said was approved by BL for the movie. It looks completely out of sync with the final movie poster. The minimalistic design sort of falls in line with BL's philosophy - so it seems possible.

It's a cool design regardless.

Hey Axe and GungFu -

I found an image of the GOD poster I mentioned before. This is the poster that a friend of mine said was approved by BL for the movie. It looks completely out of sync with the final movie poster. The minimalistic design sort of falls in line with BL's philosophy - so it seems possible.

It's a cool design regardless.

Thats fantastic, thanks for posting, I wonder are there any floating around the net? Love the graphic nature of it, looks very contemporary.
:clap

Thats fantastic, thanks for posting, I wonder are there any floating around the net? Love the graphic nature of it, looks very contemporary.
:clap

I agree that's a pretty cool poster. Nice find Tin!

Just going through this thread makes me salivate for this figure to start shipping :panic:

Wow that poster looks great... is there any way to get a slightly better resolution picture of this, am not sure if this will turn out good when printed

Wow that poster looks great... is there any way to get a slightly better resolution picture of this, am not sure if this will turn out good when printed

Hey Axe. I searched the web for a while and that's the only pic of the poster I could find. It was actually posted to Arnie Kim's FB page. Always the last place you look. But that's the highest res I could find unfortunately.

Back